Axis Mundi X discussion

Does anyone remember a movie about behind the scenes of Wizard of Oz?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
Was it called "Over the Rainbow"?? I was trying to find it on line and can't seem to find a single reference to it. I swear to gods I saw a film about the little people who were the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz, and all the zany tricks they got up to.

Anybody? Beuhler?

message 2: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (last edited Jun 10, 2008 03:56PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 1818 comments Mod
11.22. Is it true that the Munchkins were all drunkards?

No, of course not. True, Judy Garland joked about this with Jack Paar once on television, but that was Judy's sense of humor. There were 124 little people who played the Munchkins, and while many of them were show business veterans, others had never acted before. Many were still teenagers, away from home for the first time. They were so busy making The Movie that they really didn't have much time or energy for partying, although apparently a few of the older men did try at one point or another. One even hit on Judy Garland. The movie Under the Rainbow is based on this legend, but it is not a docudrama, and certainly not a documentary!

http://thewizardofoz.info/faq11.html

message 3: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
OMG thank you Jackie. I was starting to think I had imagined it. Yeah, as I recall it was both a terrible film and aired with a significant amount of controversy surrounding it, seeing as it was not based on anything approximating facts. But it was, nevertheless, memorable.

message 4: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (last edited Jun 10, 2008 02:26PM) (new)

Yep. It rates 4.9 on the internet movie database. It's a stinker.
Under the Rainbow from imdb

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Maybe you were thinking of Wizard of Gore.

message 6: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Did you know they did a remake of Wizard of Gore last year, RA? Because there was such popular demand for it, I guess...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765487/

message 7: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin the only one i know of is "under the rainbow". but i will ask around, since one of largest oz fest annually is held near by in valpo, in. the birthplace of popcorn!

message 8: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

There's a birthplace of popcorn, Noran?

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Jackie, I need you to follow me around goodreads and comment like that as much as possible. You're like our own personal librarian. Thanks!

message 10: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin A Tribute to the Wizard of Oz on dvd--amazon

message 11: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin jackie--yes orville came from valpo indiana--you see him on tv, or you use to. huge popcorn fest every year there too!

message 12: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin it also maybe part of the new dvd set that is out as well!

message 13: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 1062 comments The munchkins would sing "Ding dong, the bitch is dead". That's struth, mate.