Faith discussion

Loosing faith > loosing Faith

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

When you loose Faith.Your probably going down the wrong path.your trialing away ffrom God.

Wht do you think could help this not happen?

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) i think that getting more involved with people at your church who have strong faith will help you, becuase thye`re string and influence is a big part of starying away,

message 3: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 72 comments Mod
If your going to be in a relationship it's best to be with someone who believes in God because in the end it'll only bring you remorse so if you had a relationship with someone who believed in God you'd stay more in touch with your faith.

message 4: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1 comments Yeah. I get what you're sayin'. And I think that happens to a lot of people.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea that makes sense.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think praying to God for strength makes a huge difference. Not only are you talking to God, but he's in it trying to help you.

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) I feel like I'm falling away...not doing bad things...but I could do better...but I guess I need to feel some motivation. :( *sighs*

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Get a daily devotional that really connects wtih you and your issues...That's what helped me. :) And then there's just plain old reading the bible...That makes a great breakthrough. I'll start reading it and won't be able to put it down because it's so good.

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Yeah...I need to...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

SO tell me...What's the diff between Mormon and Protestant? The Mormon religion sounds interesting.

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) See....the Protestant church is basically a reformed Catholic church or rather a church that protested against the Catholic church for whatever reasons. They believe in the bible and only the bible. We believe that The bible and the book of Mormon ((There are other books that we consider important the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine and Covanents)) are two important scriptures that go hand in hand. The bible talks about the time in the Middle East such as Jerusalem and The book of Mormon talks about the time in America. :D The Protestants for the most part don't think there are any other scriptures than the bible....and...we have somewhat different doctrines and stuff. Does that makes sense...it's a bit easier to explain face to face than online.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, that makes sense. We believe in the bible and only the bible because...Well, we don't believe in adding more to it. You must think we're strict old nutheads or something huh? Most people do. But really, we just put such deep faith in the Godhead. The Catholic chrch worships Saints too. But we're the only ones that believe in just the bible. At least...I think. Srry, hard for a twelve year old to learn all this.

message 13: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Well...we don't believe in Saints...see the Bible is the Bible to us...and The book of Mormon is a separate scripture that was found by a prophet long ago. :D Oh and I don't think you are all are old nutheads...I can see where you are coming from...it's understandable. :D

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. My churh is nowhere near as strict as Roman Catholic.

message 15: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) hahahaah....I wouldn't know...I was never good at keeping up with history and other churches.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

My uncle is like a genius...So I pick up a lot of stuff from him. He took classes on religion in college.

message 17: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Ah...that makes sense....I am not a genious....*sobs* but that does sound interesting you must learn a lot.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I do. It's pretty fun. He talks to me like an adult, like I'm not just a stupid kid.

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Sweet!!! Yeah they don't usually treat me as a kid.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky. How old are you?

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) 16 :D

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) you?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

message 24: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) sweet!!!

message 25: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 72 comments Mod
Another way to not lose faith is by reading the Bible at least once a week! and it's always good to pray throughout the day!!

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Yeah...I need to pray more...I was never good at communication though...not with anyone..not even myself.

message 27: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 72 comments Mod
It's never too late! LoL! I love praying, it makes my troubles seem futher away.

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Hehehe...that's good. I guess I have too many things on my mind...I feel like I'm bugging the Lord.

message 29: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 72 comments Mod
I don't believe we could ever bother the Lord!!

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) Yeah...I know...I'll keep trying.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Just talk to him like one of your friends. Because he's number one in your life anyway.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Just talk to him like one of your friends. Because he's number one in your life anyway.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

thats What i do but sometimes the wayy me n my friends talk isnt the way i'd talk to God if you know what i mean. I talk to him like hes the only one with me, because hes the only person that honestly could stay and listen to you talk forever. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I get that you can't talk to him like your friends. Try it like a father and daughter relationship.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I get that you can't talk to him like your friends. Try it like a father and daughter relationship.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

ok, so pray once a week?

message 38: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 72 comments Mod
Try praying everyday! You'll be suprise how much it makes you feel better and you'll have a closer relationship to God.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

got it.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea Praying is just talking to the lord theres no need to bow your head or anything just sit in your room by yourself and Pray. Thats what i do. today i was prayin really loud at school.

message 41: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 72 comments Mod
Good for you! One must never be ashamed of praying!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

i know it was Awesome! lol check out the new topics !!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

i know it was Awesome! lol check out the new topics !!

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) you should thank God before every meal,a nd every night before you go to sleep, and whenever you need help and have lots of stuff on your mind.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Yo amo a Dios. Él es increíble y muy cierto. Debemos orar todas las posibilidades que tenemos. Lol soy un fanático de Jesús!...

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

are we talking about actually losing your salvation, or temporarily being disobedient?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Both. Any problems u have with falling out of touch with him.

message 48: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ya me and my friends always say grace before we eat lunch at school. it's become a habit

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh i dont do that....I try and it feels awkward...But i prayed at the last day and everyone watched becuas ei was loud i was like ....preccccchinnnnnnng :P

message 50: by Brooke (new)

Brooke haha ya i do that somethimes to lol

« previous 1