Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Jan G.'s May reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Hi all,
I had another good month. I guess my reading slump is over!

1. The Shadow of Your Smile - Mary Higgins Clark
2. Sweetheart - Chelsea Cain. Chelsea is a friend of my brother and I met her at my nephew's graduation events here in Portland. She's very nice. I asked if she's coming to BCon in SF and she said she is and that she really enjoyed her first one last year.
3. Caught - Harlan Coben
4. Losing It - Valerie Bertinelli
5. Makeovers Can Be Murder - Kathryn Lilley. #3 in the Fat City Mysteries with Kate Gallagher - Durham NC
6. Evil at Heart - Chelsea Cain. Extremely graphic.
7. Mint Juleps, Mayhem & Murder - Sara Rosett - Georgia
8. Aloha Quilt - Jennifer Chiaverini. #16 in quilt series with Sylvia, et al.
9. The Missing Ink - Karen Olson - NTMA - #1 in Tattoo Shop Mystery with Brett Kavanaugh - Las Vegas
10. 9th Judgment - J. Patterson - #9 in Women's Murder Club - San Francisco
11. The Wild Zone - Joy Fielding - Miami
12. To Hell in a Handbasket - Beth Groundwater - #2 in Gift Basket Designer Mystery with Claire Hanover - Breckenridge, CO.
13. Here's The Story - Maureen McCormick of Brady Bunch show.
14. A Lotus Grows in the Mud - Goldie Hawn memoir.
15. State Fair - Earlene Fowler - #14 in Benni Harper series - fictional town in mid state Calif coast.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments You did have a good month! I like Karen Olsen's Brett Kavanaugh Tattoo shop series. The 3rd one comes out this fall. I liked STATE FAIR, but not as much as others in this series. I keep meaning to try Beth Groundwater's books since she's a local author.

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments I've been a bit in a slump myself....

message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Wow - good month! I love that you listed so many varied setting locations.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1645 comments Great month Jan! I see quite a few I have on my wish list too ;)

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1310 comments How cool that you met Chelsea Cain at a family party! I really liked her books, but you're right, very graphic!

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments I should say your slump is over...great month! I loved the Chelsea Cain series...I read them back to back in about a week. Nice and gritty...my favorite sort. Very cool that you met her at a party!