Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's may reads

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments overall a good month for me- half mysteries, half lighter stuff.
Hannah's List- debbie macomber
The Scent of Rain and Lightning-nancy pickard
Heart of the Matter- emily griffen
Beyond Reach- karin slaughter
The 9th Judgment- james patterson
Devotion: A Memoir- dani shapiro
Every Last One- anna quindlen

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments One of these days I'll try a Karin Slaughter book!

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I had to let my reserve copy of Every Last One go unread at the library because I was out of town. I guess I'll try again.

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments Melodie wrote: "One of these days I'll try a Karin Slaughter book!"

i really like her books. am almost caught up with her series and will be very upset when that happens..lol

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments Marcy wrote: "I had to let my reserve copy of Every Last One go unread at the library because I was out of town. I guess I'll try again."

it's good, marcy. she tells a good story.

message 6: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I'm now back on the reserve list!

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1309 comments I recently caught up with the Slaughter series...but at least a new one is coming out (Broken in July)! Great series, I definitely recommend you give it a try Melodie.

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments Dawn wrote: "I recently caught up with the Slaughter series...but at least a new one is coming out (Broken in July)! Great series, I definitely recommend you give it a try Melodie."

karin slaughter is going to be at mohegan sun at the end of june. am hoping to go with barry and (?) carol.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14693 comments Sherry:
I am excited that Karin Slaughter is coming to Nashville at the end of June too. It is when I am on vacation (stay at home) so should be able to go! Woo Hoo! I hope we all get to see her! I am really looking forward to Broken

Sherry wrote: "karin slaughter is going to be at mohegan sun at the end of june. am hoping to go with barry and (?) carol. "

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments Ann wrote: "Sherry:
I am excited that Karin Slaughter is coming to Nashville at the end of June too. It is when I am on vacation (stay at home) so should be able to go! Woo Hoo! I hope we all get to see her! I..."

i am looking forward to broken, too but being the anal RIO that i am, i have to read fractured and undone first ;)

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14693 comments Sherry:
Luckily I am all caught up and ready. Since DD may go to the signing too, I am going to get her started with the Slaughter books too. She is reading Jennifer Weiner's Best Friends Forever new in pb.

Sherry wrote: "i am looking forward to broken, too but being the anal RIO that i am, i have to read fractured and undone first ;) "

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Sherry...do NOT read the Slaughter books out of order. I won't say anymore, but I did it by mistake and have regretted it!

I have Broken on pre-order and am looking forward to it.

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments Mary/Quite Contrary wrote: "Sherry...do NOT read the Slaughter books out of order. I won't say anymore, but I did it by mistake and have regretted it!

I have Broken on pre-order and am looking forward to it."

mary- not to worry. i know why you said that BUT i am a die hard read in order girl..lol

message 14: by annodluvsbks (new)

annodluvsbks | 101 comments I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Broken and it's excellent. You guys are really in for a treat!

message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14693 comments Donna:
Good to know that! I am very ready! ...and concur with it being best to read this series and the new "spin off series" in order if at all possible. I am glad I did!

Donna/annodluvsbks wrote: "I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Broken and it's excellent. You guys are really in for a treat!"

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3713 comments Donna/annodluvsbks wrote: "I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Broken and it's excellent. You guys are really in for a treat!"

i am totally looking forward to it!

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Donna...lucky lady to have an ARC of Broken. I have read a few ARC's and it always feels like opening Christmas presents early...then rewrapping and placing them back under the tree! Exciting and naughty!