SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Gena Showalter
This topic is about Gena Showalter
Series and Authors We ❤ > Gena Showalter

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Apr 01, 2013 06:55PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Has anyone read her other PNR/UF/SFR series? Which do you like/recommend? She seems to have her hand in many pots. :)

SERIES BY GENA SHOWALTER

Series
-PNR/UF/SFR-
Lords of the Underworld
Alien Huntress (Adult & YA)
Atlantis
Tales of an Extraordinary Girl
Intertwined (YA)
Angels of the Dark
White Rabbit Chronicles

-Contemporary Romance-
Imperia

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine | 16 comments I´ve also started reading LotU recently. I needed a ONR fix and I really enjoye them. The next book I´ll be reading in this series is also The Darkest Passion. :)
Which Lord is your favourite so far?

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments I have a hard time picking one favorite. But, I would say ... so far (ones that have had their own books) would be Reyes, but I'm also very interested to see some others, like Strider, Torin and Paris get their own books. Strider's is next (#8) and I'm not sure how I feel about his probable mate. We'll see.

How about you?

I'll be interested to hear what you think about DP once you've read it. Just an FYI: we also have a Rant&Rave: Lords of the Underworld thread that's specifically dedicated to that series of hers, if your interested. :)

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Gena has a new fan website. :) If you're interested, here's the link.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Gena mentioned on her blog that she's working on a new book called "Lord of the Vampires". She says, "I'm up to chapter 15 of Lord of the Vampires. (Yes, I love me some vampires!) I know some of you were curious about whether or not it's part of one of my ongoing series. Short answer is: it isn't. :) It's a Nocturne, featuring four siblings from a royal household in a different realm. Other authors (Jill Monroe, Jessica Andersen and Nalini Singh are writing about the other siblings) I'm very excited about this!"

Sounds cool! :)

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments That does sound good. Nalini Singh too, can only be good.

message 7: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments I've just finished Tales of Atlantis, and I found all 4 books to be very good. 4 & 5 Stars.

Alien Huntress was very hit and miss for me, although I've only read a couple of them.

Love the Lords of the Underworld, though once again I've only read a couple. Trying to fit them into challenges. LOL.

What does everyone else think?

message 8: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Showalter and Singh? I'm sold!

I'm enjoying LoTU, I just have Passion (Aeron) and Lie (Gideon) to read plus the short stories.

I've read the first Alien Huntress which I liked but was very disappointed to learn that there was a different narrator for the next book. I wanted to read about the search for the children. Isn't there an Alien Huntress YA series too? Anyone tried it yet?

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments There is a AH YA series, but I haven't ckd it out yet.

message 10: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Alien Huntress book #4, Seduce the Darkness is available for free at Pocket After Dark for the next three days.

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Gena stated in her blog:

I'm am so happy to announce that I will be writing a spin-off of the Lords of the Underworlds. It's official! I have no other details as yet, and I'm not even sure who the first story will be about, but I will post when I know. Yea! I am over the moon!

I am also happy to tell you that I will be continuing the Alien Huntress series! No other news on that end yet, either, but I can tell you that Dallas will finally get his happily ever after! This is something else I am over the moon about!

Just in case you missed it, we posted an excerpt for Twisted here.

message 12: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments :D

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments :)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I found an ARC of Twisted at HPB on Sunday! YAY!!!! Love LoTU. Can't remember offhand which book is next....I'm bad! I have the whole AH series, including the YA AH here, but haven't read them yet.

Read Intertwined and Unraveled. I loved them. I've heard others didn't like them so much - but I really loved the premise of the books and felt like she did a good job.

message 15: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments I liked #1 of her YA and have #2 here TBR. I really enjoy her LoTU series. Strider's book is next. :)

The Darkest Surrender (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments I just finished reading her part in the Royal House of Shadows series, Lord of the Vampires. It was hawwwwt!

There are four different authors each writing a book for the quadrilogy. I'm anxious to read Nalini's now, but hers is the last, due in Dec 2011.

Here's some more info on them: http://paranormalromanceblog.com/roya...
There's a video, the history of Elden and more.

Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) by Gena Showalter Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2) by Jill Monroe Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3) by Jessica Andersen Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4) by Nalini Singh

message 17: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments I've got them all ordered...looking forward to it!

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Me too!

message 19: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Me three!

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Gena did an interview with Kobo. You can read it here.

message 21: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Oct 31, 2016 09:23AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments PS: Gena will be appearing at KMM's event

Event news: Feversong book launch In New Orleans.
FEVERSONG BOOK LAUNCH PARTY
JANUARY 12-16, 2017 NOLA
HOTEL MONTELEONE, NEW ORLEANS

With Special Guests:
Kresley Cole
Eric Etebari
Darynda Jones
Dianna Love
Alexandra Machinist/ICM Partners
Shauna Summer/Random House
Gena Showalter

Add'l info: http://karenmoning.com/events/feverso...

message 22: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Cool!