One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

E - H > Erica F.- Million Pages

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erica (last edited May 30, 2010 04:31PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments Since I haven't been counting as of yet, you can go to
http://www.goodreads.com/review/stats... to see how many pages and the books I have already read to date (it says I am at 9,715). I know there are more, but I have not figured them in yet. I will soon and from here on out, I will be updating this list as I finish each book! :)

1,000,000-9,715= 990,285 to go!

message 2: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Looks good so far, Erica! Happy Reading! :)

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Thanks! You too!

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thx :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

A very good start at least!

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Thanks! I think so. Especially considering I have 3 small children and work 10 1/2 hour days (not including the drive). I'm actually pretty surprised it's even that much.

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Well all I can say is that you're doing an excellent job so far. Keep it up, Erica! :)

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 273 comments Erica wrote: "Since I haven't been counting as of yet, you can go to
http://www.goodreads.com/review/stats... to see how many pages and the books I have already read to date (it says I am at 9,715). I..."

I just checked that out on my account and it gave me different numbers. It doesn't count rereads. So, I've reread a few books this year and it didn't factor them in. Also, different editions have different page numbers sometimes.

message 9: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Yeah, I noticed that to Heather. I think if you don't put the book in prodress before you add it as read, it doesn't count it because it isn't sure of when you actually read it.

message 10: by Erica (last edited Jun 30, 2010 10:09PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 2010
Her Fearful Symmetry 406 Pages
Under the Dome 1074 pages
Glimmerglass 294 pages
The Crow: The Third Book of Pellinor 528 pages
Hush, Hush 391 pages
The Knife of Never Letting Go 479 pages
The Secret Hour(Midnighters #1) 297 pages

message 11: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments FYI-- It's June not July...

message 12: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Opps... My mistake. I fixed it. Thanks!

message 13: by Erica (last edited Jun 09, 2010 06:02PM) (new)

message 14: by Erica (new)

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Finished The Crow: The Third Book of Pellinor yesterday and started the fourth book in the series, The Singing

message 16: by Erica (last edited Aug 02, 2010 03:31AM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July
Touching Darkness (Midnighters #2) 439 pages
Blue Noon- 378 pages
Past World 355 pages
The Hunger Games 374 pages
Catching Fire 391 pages
A Wrinkle in Time 203 pages
Prophecy of the Sisters 343 pages
Hex Hall 323 pages
Lament 325 pages

message 17: by Erica (last edited Jul 10, 2010 04:56AM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments Just finished Blue Noon Blue Noon (Midnighters, #3) by Scott Westerfeld .
At times I was bored during this book and found myself wishing that I was finished already. It's an interesting concept, but I don't feel that I actually read much. Although, I found the end a bit depressing (well, with one of the Midnighters anyway) and was even a tad sad because of it. So, I can't say I didn't like it.

Going to start Past World Pastworld by Ian Beck by Ian Beck. Not sure if I'll like it much , as I haven't read anything by the author in the past.

message 18: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Finished Pastworld Pastworld by Ian Beck .
This book wasn't as exciting as I expected. The plot sounded interesting. Unfortunately, for the most part, it lacked in speed and appeal while reading it.

Starting The Hunger Games The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins tomorrow :)

message 19: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) YAY! Hope you like THG! :D

message 20: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments I finished it earlier today. It was so much better than I expected! Although, some parts were a lot like the movie The Running Man, I was still surprised at points. I started reading the second book Catching Fire Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins and I'm not far into it, but it's just as hard to put down. I haven't read a series this exciting, except Chaos Walking, in a long time! :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Mockingjay will be out in August.

message 22: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yep August 24th for me. :). Going to get CF tmr!! Then will be superanxious to get Mj. :D.

message 23: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Finished Catching Fire a bit ago. I loved it. There were parts where I cried (Yeah, I know...I'm a sap) and times when I was laughing.

I can't wait for Mockingjay either, but I'm so bummed. I thought it was coming out next Saturday. Duh, Erica! It comes out in AUGUST, not JULY! :(

message 24: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Don't take it out on yourself, we all make mistakes. Easy to do. :). I got CF, but having started. We have a Buddy Read that' sstarting tomorrow and I don't want to start another on so close. Maybe afterwards.

Yes, I'm a sap as well. I was just reading a book (Betrayed) and when one of the friends died, I almost couldn't stop crying!

message 25: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments I read that one a while ago and can't remember what friend died. I'll have to go back and reread it to see :)

Just finished Wintergirls. I posted a review if anyone wants to read it.
I checked out a bunch of books from the library and now I'm not sure which I want to read next. I thought about Prophecy of Sisters, but one of the main characters name is Lia (which just happens to be the same name in Wintergirls). Might get confusing. We'll see :)

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments how did you like Wintergirls? i recently just read it and i LOVED it

message 27: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Erica wrote: "I read that one a while ago and can't remember what friend died. I'll have to go back and reread it to see :)"

I'd tell you, but I don't want to give it away for people who haven't read it. :D.

message 28: by Erica (last edited Jul 22, 2010 03:10PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments @Z: That's why I didn't ask. Guess we're thinking alike :)

@Heather: It was okay. It was hard to get past the writing style. For me, it just seemed like I was reading Anderson's draft that hadn't been polished yet. I'm also not so sure about the ending; I would think that there would be more of a struggle to overcome and it was rushed. Other than that, I liked it well enough. What did you like about it?

Well, finished A Winkle in Time this morning. For a childrens book, it was pretty good. Although, it was slow for me and not enough action, L'Engle described things well and surprisingly there is a lot of information that would be new for the youngens.

Now, I am reading Prophecy of the Sisters. Only on page 36, but it's written well and interesting enough. Hope it keeps going strong! :)

message 29: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Erica wrote: "@Z: That's why I didn't ask. Guess we're thinking alike :)"

Yepps. :D.

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments Erica wrote: "@Z: That's why I didn't ask. Guess we're thinking alike :)

@Heather: It was okay. It was hard to get past the writing style. For me, it just seemed like I was reading Anderson's draft that hadn'..."

i do have to agree the end was a bit rushed but other than that i liked the whole plot of the story

message 31: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments I agree with your thought on the plot. It's one of the main reasons I picked it up to begin with. You never hear stories about this kind of struggle, at least not too often if you do.

message 32: by Erica (last edited Aug 30, 2010 05:10AM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments _______________________________________________________________________
August
Ballad 352 pages
Radiant Shadows 340 pages
Poison Study 409 pages
Magic Study 443 pages
Fire Study 441 pages
The Dark Divine 372 pages
Everlost 313 pages
Acceleration 240 pages
Everwild 424 pages
Coffeehouse Angel 276 pages
Poison 288 pages
Wake 210 pages
Fade 248 pages
Gone 214 pages
Speak 198 pages
Scars 250 pages
Forest of Hands and Teeth 308 pages
Scrambled Eggs at Midnight 262 pages

message 33: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments I'm at 133673! Woo-hoo! Of course, I'm nowhere near done, but I'm making progress =)

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 273 comments Congratulations. Is that just from this year?

message 35: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Yep... Although, before I started this group I wasn't keeping track. So, I had to start with what Goodreads had listed. I noticed that if you don't put a book in progress first, Goodreads doesn't register when you read it. It just puts it in the read list, so I could have more. Oh well... Good thing I love reading!

message 36: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 273 comments You have to put the date in. As long as the date is in it shows up.

message 37: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) This is great, Erica! Keep up the great reading! :D

message 38: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Thanks!

message 39: by Erica (last edited Oct 01, 2010 10:04AM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September
Magic Under Glass 225 pages
Twenty Boy Summer 290 pages
Perfect You 282 pages
Red Necklace 372 pages
The Silver Blade 368 pages
The Carrie Diaries 400 pages
Graceling 471 pages
Fire 461 pages
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover 263 pages
Swoon 421 pages
Switch 215 pages
Tithe 310 pages
Strange Angels 293 pages
Betrayals 296 pages

message 40: by Erica (last edited Nov 06, 2010 05:01AM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October
Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Jealousy 316 pages
The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern #1) by Shannon Hale The Goose Girl 383 pages
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson Amy & Rogers Epic Detour 352 pages
The Year Of Secret Assignments (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2) by Jaclyn Moriarty The Year of Secret Assignments 352 pages
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side 351 pages
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray The Sweet Far Thing 819 pages
Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Firelight 326 pages
Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1) by Jackson Pearce Sisters Red 324 pages
Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3) by Patrick Ness Monsters of Men 603 pages
Skinned (Skinned, #1) by Robin Wasserman Skinned 361 Pages

message 41: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Unsure of what month I read this, but I know it was this year for sure since I just checked it out at the library not too long ago.

Anxious Hearts by Tucker Shaw Anxious Hearts 272 pages

message 42: by Erica (last edited Dec 01, 2010 03:26PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November
Enna Burning (The Books of Bayern #2) by Shannon Hale Enna Burning 317 pages
River Secrets (The Books of Bayern #3) by Shannon Hale River Secrets 304 pages
Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4) by Shannon Hale Forest Born 389 pages
The Julian Game by Adele Griffin The Julian Game 208 pages
The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) by Carrie Ryan The Dead-Tossed Waves 407 pages
Crashed (Skinned, #2) by Robin Wasserman Crashed 440 pages
Wired (Skinned, #3) by Robin Wasserman Wired 388 pages
Aries Rising (Star Crossed, #1) by Bonnie Hearn Hill Star Crossed Aries Rising 304 pages
Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston Wrondrous Strange 327 pages
Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2) by Lesley Livingston Darklight 312 pages
The Demon's Lexicon (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan The Demon's Lexicon 336 pages

message 43: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Currently Reading......

Starcrossed Aries Rising Aries Rising (Star Crossed, #1) by Bonnie Hearn Hill

message 44: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments i was about to buythat book yesturday but i didnt have enough money! is it good?

message 45: by Erica (last edited Nov 19, 2010 12:25AM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments Which one? Aries Rising or Wired?

If you're asking about Aries Rising, it wasn't too bad. At first it was hard for me to get into. I kept thinking about putting it down and starting a different book. However once it started picking up, I enjoyed it. I think I'll continue with the series so I can see what happens next.

If asking about Wired, I liked it well enough. It was interesting throughout, however, I didn't care for the ending. If there was another book in the series, I wouldn't think so poorly of it. Since I believe that Wired is the last of the series, I also think that the end was a cop-out; a conclusion the author was unsure of how to make into a finale.

message 46: by Erica (last edited Dec 31, 2010 08:54PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter Heist Society 287 pages
The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott The Unwritten Rule 224 pages
The Line (Line #1) by Teri Hall The Line 219 pages
Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus Shadow Hills 400 pages
Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien Birthmarked 361 pages
The City of Ember (Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau The City Of Ember 270 pages
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Neverwhere 336 pages
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice 594 pages
Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty Raises Hell 311 pages
Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty's House of Horrors 292 pages
Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty Goes To War 334 Pages
This Witch for Hire (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1-2) by Kim Harrison This Witch For Hire 707 pages

message 47: by Erica (last edited Jan 30, 2011 04:54PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments January
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Entice 264 pages
Mistwood (Mistwood, #1) by Leah Cypess Mistwood 304 pages
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce As You Wish 304 pages
White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black White Cat 310 pages
A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1) by Y.S. Lee A Spy in the House 352 pages
The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2) by Y.S. Lee The Body at the Tower 352 pages
Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Unwind 335 pages
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld Peeps 312 pages
Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4) by Ally Carter Only the Good Spy Young 265 pages
I Am the Messenger  by Markus Zusak I am the Messenger 357 pages
Raven Speak by Diane Lee Wilson Raven Speak 256 pages

message 48: by Erica (last edited Feb 25, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments February
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh Nevermore 543 pages
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin Elsewhere 304 pages
The Faerie Path (Faerie Path, #1) by Frewin Jones The Faerie Path 312 pages
The People of Sparks (Ember, #2) by Jeanne DuPrau The People of Sparks 338 pages
Dead Witches Tell No Tales (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #3-4) by Kim Harrison Dead Witches Tell No Tales 840 pages
For a Few Demons More (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #5) by Kim Harrison For a Few Demons More 456 pages
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Maze Runner 338 pages

message 49: by Erica (last edited Apr 03, 2011 08:33PM) (new)

Erica | 76 comments March 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? by Melissa Kantor If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? 288 pages
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Matched 366 pages
Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine Ghost Town 335 pages
The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) by Kody Keplinger The Duff 288 pages
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Angel 478 pages
A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist A Bride in the Bargain 365 pages
Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist Maid to Match 359 pages
My Invisible Boyfriend by Susie Day My Invisible Boyfriend 288 pages
Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison Once Dead, Twice Shy 232 pages
The Boyfriend List 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1) by E. Lockhart The Boyfriend List 229 pages
The Boy Book A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2) by E. Lockhart The Boy Book 197 pages
The Treasure Map of Boys Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #3) by E. Lockhart Treasure Map of Boys 248 pages
Real Live Boyfriends Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4) by E. Lockhart Real Live Boyfriends 225 pages

message 50: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) How was Matched?

« previous 1 3