Just Your Average Group! discussion

Book Discussions > What's your favorite book?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vina (new)

Vina Twilight!

message 2: by CJ (new)

CJ Percy Jackson and 39 Clues and WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ALL ROCK

message 3: by CJ (new)

CJ you've never heard of Warriors?

message 4: by CJ (new)

CJ it is a book by Erin Hunter and about house cats that live wild lives. they hunt, fight other cats, get mates, have kittens, and live, fairly normal

message 5: by Chachi , ♪The Fudgiest of the Brownies♪ (new)

Chachi  (fudgebrowne) | 1183 comments Mod
Aw. Cute.

message 6: by CJ (new)

CJ yep, though some is not cute. It is GRUSOME in some parts, but that makes it interesting.

message 7: by Chachi , ♪The Fudgiest of the Brownies♪ (new)

How gruesome is it?

message 8: by CJ (new)

CJ book five tells EXACTLY how a cat named Tigerstar died *SPOILER* he was sliced deeply down the side and he bled (SP!) to death, NINE TIMES! yeah that gruesome.

message 9: by Chachi , ♪The Fudgiest of the Brownies♪ (new)

No. Not really. I've seen and read worse things.

message 10: by CJ (new)

CJ seen?! wow. I'm sorry. and you prob have read more gruesome.

message 11: by Chachi , ♪The Fudgiest of the Brownies♪ (new)

Yeah. Sometimes it freaks me out-but yeah...

message 12: by Adam (new)

Adam  (adawg) | 11 comments I like Hunger Games, Unwind, THe Giver, Mortal Instruments, The Book Thief, Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie, Monsters of Men, Gone, Hunger, Lies, Cirque Du Freak, If I Stay, Uglies, Graceling, Twisted, The Dead Tossed Waves, Found,etc. If you want a full list then go to my bookshelves and look at my favorites shelf.

message 13: by Jesah (new)

Jesah HUnger Games, Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, If I stay, Winter Girls, and I have more.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Mortal instruments harry potter, percy jackson, etc

message 15: by Clary Fray (new)

Clary Fray (girlsoccer86) | 246 comments Mod
I've read them all. The last one is definately the best. (City of Glass)

message 16: by Clary Fray (new)

Maybe I will. Thanks for the book title. I heard they're going to make a movie of City of Bones.

message 17: by Clary Fray (new)

I know. They wouldn't be allowed to cut out a ton of parts, though. Says me.

message 18: by Balthazar (new)

Balthazar | 7 comments the best book i have read is eivlstar

message 19: by Balthazar (new)

Balthazar | 7 comments i loved Percy Jackson

message 20: by Balthazar (new)

Balthazar | 7 comments kiley what is your fravrot book

message 21: by Balthazar (new)

Balthazar | 7 comments hello

message 22: by Balthazar (new)

Balthazar | 7 comments talk

message 23: by Sloane (new)

Sloane  | 70 comments Adam wrote: "I like Hunger Games, Unwind, THe Giver, Mortal Instruments, The Book Thief, Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie, Monsters of Men, Gone, Hunger, Lies, Cirque Du Freak, If I Stay, Uglies, Graceling, Twiste..."

you've read monsters of men?! :O i envy you.

message 24: by Balthazar (new)

Balthazar | 7 comments i love Cirque Du Freak

message 26: by Sloane (new)

Sloane  | 70 comments Cirque du Freak, Hunger Games, The Knife of Never Letting Go, City of Bones, Forest of Hands and Teeth, etc.

message 27: by Clary Fray (new)

My new favorites are the youngest templar and the hunger games. They are amazing series! But I do need catching fire.....

message 28: by Annie (new)

Annie my fave right now is ranger's apprentice

message 29: by Clary Fray (new)

I got catching fire!! But I haven't been able to start it yet...

message 30: by William (new)

William | 24 comments The Hobbit has always been my favorite, but the Lord of the Rings and the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe come in a close second.

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 2 comments I love the King of the Trees series by William Burt. I like it that he always writes happy endings to his books.

message 32: by Clary Fray (new)

I don't really like that almost every book I read ends in a happy ending, or the series does. It's kinda boring after a while

message 33: by Clary Fray (new)

I'm not saying the books aren't good, just that maybe certain books should have people die. I really like the Gemma Doyle series, and Libba Bray made someone die.

message 34: by William (new)

William | 24 comments The problem when a character dies is that readers may have become attached to him or her. If an evil character dies, or if a good character dies heroically, then it's easier to accept. However, if an author routinely creates characters and then knocks them off for the sake of convenience, readers will resist becoming attached to ANY of that author's characters.

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ well...not true, Erin Hunter is doing a good job of killing people you like

*Mrs. Brightside* ..Well! I have maaany favorites(; I'll post some every kow and then XD but someone said The Host is..something something something, so true! It's really confusing to me! I'm really happy I finished it too(; because that beginning, you need patience for that book. But some favs are Wish you Were Dead, Blue Bloods series, Vampire Academy series, It Girl series, 13 Reasons why, Private and Privileged series..and others XD

message 37: by Clary Fray (new)

William wrote: "The problem when a character dies is that readers may have become attached to him or her. If an evil character dies, or if a good character dies heroically, then it's easier to accept. However, if ..."

Yeah, I know. It's a bittersweet world, ya know?