Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2010 Challenge Archive > Get Nauti with me. ;-) *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Since Lora Leigh is our FAC for June, LL qualifies as the double letter author, and some might consider this erotic romance, I'm thinking a couple of folks might be willing to read and talk about the Nauti series by Lora Leigh. These books should be read over the course of the month of June.

Nauti Boy
Nauti Nights
Nauti Dreams
Nauti Intentions
Nauti Deceptions

Whether you can get one book done or all five, come join us for some stimulating book conversation. I'll probably only get the first three done but don't let that stop you overachievers out there.

So who wants to get Nauti with me?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i've already read them all, but i'm in for discussion

message 3: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments I'm reading Nauti Boy for the LL FAC so, I'm in. Not sure if I'll get to all the Nauti books this month.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Started Nauti Boy today. So far, I've got, 'Wow, I really want to bone my step sister. I don't think the little virgin could handle my manliness so I better stay away. Because if dad catches me on her at home, I'm in trouble.'

message 5: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments ROFLMAO! OMG!

Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger (suckmyblackdagger) | 109 comments Photojim wrote: "Started Nauti Boy today. So far, I've got, 'Wow, I really want to bone my step sister. I don't think the little virgin could handle my manliness so I better stay away. Because if dad catches me ..."

Is that a quote from the book, LMAO!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Not a quote. I've just paraphrased the prologue. Five pages condensed Reader's Digest style into three simple sentences.

I'm helpful that way.

Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger (suckmyblackdagger) | 109 comments LMAO. Well that you are.

I am going to have to read this soon. If 5 pages inspires that then I can't wait to see the rest.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I have Nauti Intentions here at the house, if I can get the other book and read it this month, I will.

I am a fan of this series after the first 3 didn't turn me off completely to LL's style of man/cave-man. And sharing. This is good and weird. Mostly weird. I liked the first one most but the names were so silly for grown men.

message 10: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments I've read the first four, I haven't bought N. Deceptions yet, but it's on my list for the next bookstore visit. Last month I had it and Shayla Black's Delicious in my hands and after much debate I ended up putting Deceptions back on the shelf.

message 11: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Photojim wrote: "Started Nauti Boy today. So far, I've got, 'Wow, I really want to bone my step sister. I don't think the little virgin could handle my manliness so I better stay away. Because if dad catches me ..."

LOLOLOLOL! OMG, Jim! I already read the book but I'd like to hear more of your synopsis!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Alright, I'll keep paraphrasing the chapters as I go. That way anyone reading along will be able to comment as we go. And I'll change the title to include the evil *SPOILER ALERT*.

Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger (suckmyblackdagger) | 109 comments Photojim wrote: "Alright, I'll keep paraphrasing the chapters as I go. That way anyone reading along will be able to comment as we go. And I'll change the title to include the evil *SPOILER ALERT*."

Oh this should be interesting!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments To continue our tale...

'I've stayed away long enough. I've known her since she was a little girl and I was a bit older. Now she's 23 and I'm 29. That means sis is old enough for me.

Surprise I'm home for good.

Oh crap your home.

Aren't you going to rub your nubile body upon me?

Uh... I don't feel like it.

I may be horny because all I think about is that time I felt you up, but I know something's not right. what's up?

Nothing. *Thinks about the anal rapist that had attacked her and cut her up*

Grrr.'

If anyone has a discussion point, be happy to share. If you want to paraphrase a chapter, by all means do so. Chapter #2 will be tomorrow night if someone doesn't do it by then.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I don't have the early books to re-read but always thought that the characters obsession were entertaining rather than creepy.

message 16: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments *ROFLMAO* Oh Jim, am loving this, keep it up please!

I'm with you Kenjii, they were more ridiculous than creepy for me. You will not see me do a re-read on this books, but i didn't dislike them either.

I have to read Nauti Deceptions or this month, there's no way i'll be doing it without some alcohol courage though. So be ready for some drunk comments from me soon!LOL

message 17: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments OMG! I'm soo looking forward to "blasted" Rossy postings and Jim's Nauti paraphrasing! This is going to be hilarious!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I am glad I have email alerts for this thread. Hey alcohol you say? Hehe. I am going to try and read Nauti Deceptions this month as well.

message 19: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments I was trying to decide what i was going to drink, but the decision was made for me today. A friend brought me one bottle of my favorite soju.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Since the chapters are so short, I'll do chapters 2 and 3 tonight.

'Dad, WTF is going on? I've been patient and have managed not to bone my little sister for a long time and now she's afraid of me?'
'Yeah' *explanation of attempted rape* 'BTW, I'm really proud of you for not boning your little sister until now.'
'Grrr. I'm going to my boat.'
'Just leave her alone for a bit. And I know you and your cousins are planning on having a group - where can I stick this - session with my daughter. I'd prefer you held off a bit.'
'Grrr.'

*moves onto his houseboat*

'Hey bro - can I come aboard?'
'I thought you were too upset to be near me.'
'I think I'm feeling better. Can we do some heavy petting?'
'Sure. I know that you were paralyzed with fear a couple of hours ago, but I think I'll play with your boobs.'
'Cool.'
'Hey cousins, I thought I'd let you know that Kelly's dad is about to come here and break up this party.'
'Maybe later you both can play with my boobs. I'm outa here.'
'Cool'

message 21: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Gah, those were kind of useless chapters in my opinion. I felt kind of bad that i felt no simpathy for Kelly.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Have been REALLY busy the last couple of days. So busy that I haven't even finished the book yet. And it's a short read. I probably won't get to update until late tomorrwo night or Saturday. Sorry. I'll tell you that I'm on p.156 and there has been some good foreplay and a deflowering scene. Maybe I'll just skip all the sex and only summarize the plot. That way I can finish the book and write a one paragraph summary.

message 23: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Oh come on, good foreplay and deflowering scenes and you want to skip it? Booo!!! I can't wait to read what you thought on those scenes. That should be the highlight in this book!LOL

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments As much as I'd like to take the time to go through chapter by chapter and summarize, I really don't have the time. It's one thing to keep a window open while editing images and throw add my quick unsolicited opinions between processes. It's another to actually think about what I'm trying to say. Unfortunately, paraphrasing makes me think and I still have 2200+ images to finish in the next three days. Furthermore, the further I get from what I was reading the more I have to go back and confirm what really happened. For my abandonment of the summaries, I apologize. I'm still willing to talk about the books as I go through, but that's what I have time for if I'm not going to give up reading.

To finish Nauti Boy I'll list a few talking points with which I had issue:

1. Kelly, who had suffered a terrible attack months before, just started leaving the house again, and wears baggy clothes so that nobody would be attracted to her body, goes into town and lets somebody rip every hair out of her crotch? I've never been a rape victim and I'm certainly not a 24 YO virginal woman but I doubt that I would go in for a complete waxing as my announcement that I wanted my brother to think I'm sexy. Maybe you ladies have a different take on this.

2. Rowdy (stupid name but there are worse) and Kelly know the rules against having sex at home. They sleep together naked. He licks her ALL OVER. He has his hands in her so often she might as well be a puppet. And yet, "Gee Rowdy, we best not have sex in the house even though nobody else is home. Darn those rules." WTF? First, did they get their definition of what is sex from Bill Clinton? Second, I really think they are both a little brain damaged if they think their parents would be OK with the other shit going on but not penetrative vaginal intercourse.

3. This same sexual victim that one chapter is worried that one of the cousins could have been her attacker, strips naked and gives her step-brother head while one of the same cousins licks her ass. I just can't get over the whole sexually inexperienced rape victim actions.

4. Rowdy is a dickhead. His even more stupidly named cousins are just as bad.

5. 'My daddy used to bugger me because he used to stand outside and watch you three do my mom.' Um. Yeah. How improbably random is that?

Well, I have to get back to work. Maybe more thoughts later. And I'm 13 chapters into Nauti Nights. Actually liking it less than Nauti Boy so far.

message 25: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Great recap, Jim! I can't even recall what #5 was about, but am disturbed enough that i do not plan to re-read to find it.LOL

I think you really have to be in the right mood to read these books. Just reading the blurbs again makes me want to lower my rating. When i recall bits and pieces, i feel the same way. The thing is though, that at the time i was in the mood for something fluffy and just pure erotica.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I agree with the last part Rossy. Lora Leigh puts you in a certain mood and you really have to already be in a certain mood already, going in =P.

message 27: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Jun 16, 2010 12:29PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I found N. Deceptions at the thrift store so I grabbed it. I think once I settle in and start NI I'll want to keep the action going right into N. Deceptions, hehe.

message 28: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments LOLOLOL! Three do my mom!

#5 is the villain's justification for his villainy. ;)

I'm there with you in all points Jim. That's why I gave up on this series after #2. IMHO, it goes down from there.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I've committed to at least reading the first three. I bought them and have them so might as well read them. I'm not sure what mood you have to be in to read these though. I just don't like any of the characters. And in particular, I don't like LL's men.

message 30: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments DRINKING GAME!LOL

Now you see why it comes in handy?

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I'm 40% of the way into Nauti Dreams and there hasn't been a single but sex scene yet. Are you sure this is a Lora Leigh book? Sexually abused woman who keeps herself waxed and waiting for her man even though she doesn't really have a man - check. Lots of guns - check. 'Her feminine cream dripped down her slick thighs in anticipation' - check. Even though the heroine has stated that she really doesn't want anything to do with the 'hero', she drops to her knees and sucks him off at the first chance she gets - check.

Oh yeah, it's Lora Leigh all right. Sorry I doubted.

message 32: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 19 comments haha, awesome checklist Jim.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments OK, I finished the first three before the challenge period was up. Unless the last two fall into my lap while I'm without a book, I seriously doubt I'll be reading any more of these.

message 34: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Don't blame you. I couldn't force myself to read the last book in the series for last month challenge.