Q&A with Lisa Sanchez discussion

Writing

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sanchez (lisasanchez) | 19 comments Mod
Have a question about my writing process? Wonder how I manage to write anything with three daughters and a busy schedule? Ask away!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Isaacs (eisaacs) Do you outline your plot/characters,etc. first? If so, how indepth is that process for you? Do you write at a specific time each day? If so how long?

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sanchez (lisasanchez) | 19 comments Mod
Great question, Elizabeth! I'm very much a panster. I usually flesh out my characters before I begin writing the story, figuring out backstory, motivation, physical characteristics etc. I have a notebook where I jot down ideas for each of my characters, things they might say and so forth. I wouldn't call it an outline, but rather a chaotic mass of info in which I usually end up sifting through time and again as I write.

The plot is a different story. I don't outline or really plan ahead at all. When I start writing, I always know a few key things that need to happen, and the ending. Everything in between is purely organic and character driven. I enjoy finding out what happens next as much as everyone else!

I get most of my writing done in the mornings when my girls are in school. I snuggle up on my recliner with my laptop and my chihuahua (she keeps me company) and type away from around 9-1 each day depending on how much housework I need to get done. Summer is a bit more difficult as everyone is home and there's a lot of distraction. I'm making it work though :) When I'm editing, I'm like a machine, and my family knows I'm pretty much lost in my own little world. I'll sit in my chair all day and type, not getting up except to pee and eat, lol!