YA Book Addicts discussion

Other > Quotes

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Paige (authorlindsaypaige) Do you keep up with your favorite quotes from a book?

message 2: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Paige (authorlindsaypaige) I do. I like to just go back and read through them. Most of them make me laugh. Some just make sense when you look at life.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sometimes. But mostly I'm too lazy to pick up a pen and write it down :p

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Few I liked and I've even written down:

"You have no obligation to share what happened before you creamed your face on our lovely piece of shit coffee cart, which I'm tossing in the Dumpster right after this meeting."

-'The Captain' Fran Komisky to Janie Hannagan, Wake, p.203

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

'After all, the opposite of absolute ruthlessness is absolute tenderness - and when you ripped the one away, you were left with the other.'

-referring to John Quinn, The Chosen(L. J. Smith)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"He has no right to threaten my boyfriends. I'm eighteen. An adult. I don't need his help. I can threaten my boyfriends myself."

-Rose Hathaway, Spirit Bound

message 7: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Paige (authorlindsaypaige) Ginny--Gin♥-- wrote: "'After all, the opposite of absolute ruthlessness is absolute tenderness - and when you ripped the one away, you were left with the other.'

-referring to John Quinn, The Chosen(L. J. Smith)"

I like this one. I usually just stick a sticky note where the quote is and then later, maye a day, maybe a month, i go back find it and blog it. It's an easy way to keep up with it

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You've read Night World books? What was your favorite?

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Paige (authorlindsaypaige) I have. I can't decide which would be my favorite!

message 10: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Hung (jrhmy) I always try to have a highlighter with me when I'm reading a book - especially one I know will have memorable quotes.

I highlight the ones that are of importance to the plot, and when a certain line makes me feel something.

It's also a quite useful when studying a book; if you write essays on a novel, you can always quickly flip through and find a quote you're looking for.

I had to highlight lines every few pages in 1984. I loved it.