Authors Society discussion

Help requests > First time author intro and graphic designer seeking projects

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie (ldsmarie) | 4 comments Hello everyone - I thought I'd come and introduce myself to you. My name is Marie. I'm currently in the process of writing my first novel. I'm extremely excited about it. :) I hope to have it finished and published within the next 2 years.

Along side being an author I'm also a graphic designer. I design posters, ads, logos, covers, etc - you name it it can be done! And I'm offering my services to anyone who needs it. I've had 8 years experience freelance and schooling.
Contact me if you're looking for cover art, I'll be glad to help!

message 2: by Dorien (new)

Dorien | 41 comments Hi, Marie...

...and welcome. I wish you luck with both your novel-in-progress and your graphic designing. Do you have a website with samples of your work? I didn't see one refered to. And if you do not yet have a website, I would strongly urge you to set one up as soon as possible.

Also, though I assume you may already have done so, I might advise you to contact publishers...especially the smaller houses...sending a resume and sample.

Again, the very best of luck.

Dorien
http://www.doriengrey.com
e-mail: doriengrey@gmail.com

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie (ldsmarie) | 4 comments Dorine,
Thank you. I do have a website. www.mariezamora.net Nothing with my book on it yet. I'm not yet finished with my book, not sure when promoting it would be a good idea, but at this process probably not. It'd be another year before I'm ready to send it to publishers. ;)

Thanks again!

message 4: by Dorien (new)

Dorien | 41 comments Hi again, Marie:

Nice site, great photos! I envy you your talent. And if you're as good a writer as you are a photographer, your book is sure to be a hit.

Best,

Dorien

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie (ldsmarie) | 4 comments Thanks, Dorien! :D

message 6: by Judith (new)

Judith Furedi (cutepoet) | 4 comments Hi Marie,

Nice to meet you. I am also an author, and I really do need a designer for one of the books I have written. I already did a prototype and now I am doing an updated edition.

Would love to see samples of your work, etc. In the meantime, you can check out my web site (dearjohnlennon.com). It needs a bit of updating, too, but you will get the general idea of what I might need. Feel free to write to me, as well, at my own email (you'll find it there).

Good luck! I'd love to work with you, if I can.

Judith

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 5 comments Hi Marie,

Welcome to the site. You sound very talented--graphic arts and writing, too. Best of luck on your novel-in-progress. I'll check out your website.

Sandra Kay

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie (ldsmarie) | 4 comments Thank you, Sandra! :)