Enna Burning (The Books of Bayern, #2) Enna Burning discussion

The Bayern Books

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lauren Enna Burning is my total favorite out of all the books. The others were good( execpt for Goose Girl) but this one really hit me! I think Shannon Hale is a great author! Keep writing more books so I can read them!!!!!

Cassandra Wardle you didn't like goose girl wow that is weird I like this book but not my favorite

Faith OK I read The goosie girl and really liked it... Enna Burning was good too but not as much as Goosie Girl, and I was just bored with River Secrets. I mean... what the ___?

Diana I LOVED River Secrets!!!!!!! I also really liked Enna Burning.

Serena The Goose girl is my fave!!!!!! River Secrets was rather boring.....

Serena Have any of you read Forest Born? The last one?

Hannah THE GOOSE GIRL is THE BEST of all the Bayern Books. :D

Hannah Forest born was okay...I didn't feel as close to Rin as I did with Enna and Ani and Razo

Alyssabeth I have only read the first 2 so far and they were both great. I can't decide which my favorite was. They were both really different and had parts I didn't really like (although those were uncommon) and parts I loved.

Becca brown I felt the same about Forest Born...i didn't connect with Rin NEARLY as much as i did with Enna. Enna rocks i love her. I think Enna Burning was my favorite; it had me hooked from the very first page. Everything was so original and she always reminds me of myself. Plus, Shannon Hale explained controlling fire better then she has any other "gift." Loved it!

Emily Oh, Rin's her name. I never could remember. I liked her book, mostly because of the whole PSYCHE!!! moment with Isi (not going into details), but I thought her character was stiff and just odd. I loved Enna. Razzo's book was boring-ish, but Goose Girl was good.

message 12: by Dana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana I liked all of the books and also liked Princess Academy and Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale.

Kaitlyn ♫Sour Patch Girl♫ wrote: "OK I read The goosie girl and really liked it... Enna Burning was good too but not as much as Goosie Girl, and I was just bored with River Secrets. I mean... what the ___?"

I agree. The Goose Girl is really good, Enna Burning is really good, but River Secrets isn't the same it's not as good as the other ones/

Kaitlyn Diana wrote: "I LOVED River Secrets!!!!!!! I also really liked Enna Burning."

What did you love about River Secrets?

Kaitlyn Serena wrote: "Have any of you read Forest Born? The last one?"

I have. I own all the books.

Julia This book is really good. That's all i really have to say.

Cheryl These books are richer than your average YA. I read a *lot* of different adult books and YA books, and I know that these are a little more complex than some, a little more difficult to 'like.' The political intrigue is something you don't see every day in YA books. But definitely keep reading. Maybe if you're a teen and not quite liking them all, wait a year and read other stuff first.

Do read them in order.
Also consider Sharon Shinn's Safe-Keeper's series, starting with The Safe-Keeper's Secret

Aubrey LOVE THEM. Shannon Hale is an amazing author, and one of my role models. What more is there TO say?

Kayla Enna Burning, definitely. Way more interesting than Goose Girl

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE Forest Born is the best of all!!!

Caleigh I LOVED the Books of Bayern. The first one started a little slow for me, but after I finished the first one it just broke the ice for the rest and I love them.

message 22: by johanna (jo) (last edited Nov 22, 2012 03:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

johanna (jo) ♫Sour Patch Girl♫ wrote: "OK I read The goosie girl and really liked it... Enna Burning was good too but not as much as Goosie Girl, and I was just bored with River Secrets. I mean... what the ___?"

River Secrets was by far the BEST out of all of Shannon Hale's Books in my oppinion :)... although I haven't read Forest Born yet. Enna Burning was very good... but I didn't enjoy it as much. It was a bit too magicky for me, personally, but other people prefer others.

message 23: by johanna (jo) (last edited Nov 09, 2012 02:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

johanna (jo) Adrianja wrote: "Kaitlyn wrote: "Diana wrote: "I LOVED River Secrets!!!!!!! I also really liked Enna Burning."

What did you love about River Secrets?"

I know that I like seeing Razo's self esteem rise. I liked t..."

Yush :D Go Razo LoL

!!! Why does everyone else think River Secrets is boring???? :O

johanna (jo) It's Finn... not Fynn... and I didn't like Enna Burning nearly as much as the other two... haven't read Forest Born yet, I'm saving it. Idk why everyone loves Enna so much! I read quickly so that I could get to the next one O.o.

Minoska i hated forest born. Thought is was sooooo boring

Rashika (is tired) the goose girl was my absolute favorite.
enna burning was awesome too but not nearly as good as the goose girl. river secrets was okay.
and forest born was good but i got annoyed with rin at times.

johanna (jo) minoska wrote: "i hated forest born. Thought is was sooooo boring"

. Shannon Hale doesn't have the ability to write books that are "soooo boring".

johanna (jo) Lol.
Just finished Forest Born - I enjoyed it just as much as River Secrets. Loved the whole series - can't wait for more books by Shannon Hale haha

message 29: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I liked the whole series, but I felt like Forest Born was a little out there. I would want more books, but I think that the subject matter has been exhausted. River Secrets was good, and Enna Burning was great, but I really liked Goose Girl the best.

message 30: by Talitha (last edited Apr 22, 2013 06:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Talitha Goose Girl is probably the one that I will keep going back to read, but Enna Burning was thrilling. It was so well written and I really love Enna! River Secrets is good too; however, I didn't connect with Forest Born, as others have said. I think The Books of Bayern would have been best as a trilogy.

message 31: by Cheryl (last edited Apr 25, 2013 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cheryl Just because, in this whole thread, we haven't given all the links, here they are:
Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl
Enna Burning
Forest Born
River Secrets

and for good measure:

Princess Academy
Palace of Stone

and

Book of a Thousand Days

Serafinmerletogetherforever I LOVE them all!!! Every single book I have read by Shannon Hale is AWESOME!!! I want to get the sequel to Princess Academy so bad!!! :D I will be a fan of Shannon Hale forever!!!!

message 33: by Anna (last edited Jun 12, 2013 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna Shannon Hale's books are good, but they aren't the kind I could sit down and read for long periods of time, as I do when I'm really involved in a book. I have to put them down pretty often and come back to them. Hale is a good writer, but it can be slow and drag on at times. I thought it was just me. What keeps me reading is the plot of whichever book I'm reading. I want to find out what happens! :) I just started River Secrets. It's a bit slow, but I want to find out what happens.

Emily Fuller Hannah wrote: "THE GOOSE GIRL is THE BEST of all the Bayern Books. :D"

Very true!!!

Naomi Chongsiriwatana I love the first two! I also like River Secrets because of how funny Razo is. The last one was kinda disappointing.

The Shayne-Train kt wrote: "All the books in the series are amazing! Shannon Hale is an brilliant writer:) I hope she writes one based on Talone as the main character, I just love him sooo much;p"

A book about Talone would be so amazing. My 2nd choice would be His Radiance from River Secrets. I just finished reading that book to my little one, and used a wacky 'Mad Hatter' voice for him. It kept cracking her up.

Meena This book is so reflective and deep. I just love the themes. It was by far my favorite in the series. It was really enjoyable and hooked me from start to finish. It also tackles some tough subjects, if you really analyze it.

Sic Transit Gloria I'd say that River Secrets was best (gotta love Razo), Enna Burning was second (because epicness), Goose Girl was a close third, and Forest Born is fourth because it felt so different from the others, which I really didn't like.

Wow, there are few guys in this thread. I'm not surprised.

Kaitlyn Hey everyone! I made a books of Bayern RP group! Just search Books of Bayern RP, and you'll find it. :)