Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Picking Monthly Books! > Nominate a Book-Discussion Starts June 15th!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Evans (marianneevans) | 2 comments Hi, Trish, Elizabeth & Barb! I love the idea of a book discussion. Can I nominate a Christian inspirational romance I wrote? It's a novella entitled Hearts Crossing. Hearts crossing is a contst winning novella published by White Rose Publishing that explores the issue of being a prodigal, and asking God one of the toughest questions that haunt almost all Christians: "Why, if You're a God of love and mercy, do You enable bad things to happen to good pepole?" I truly hope I'm not being presumptuous in offering Hearts Crossing as a candidate, but the book has a message that I believe many can relate to, and a plot many will enjoy. Thank you so much!

message 2: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Evans (marianneevans) | 2 comments Hi, Trish - thanks for your response! Hearts Crossing is featured in electronic format and can be purchased at either Amazon.com for Kindle or White Rose Publishing for e-reader or in PDF format via the following links:

http://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Crossing...

or

http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/pr...

I appreciate your consideration for being included. It's truly a thought-provoking read, and one that I hope will capture the hearts and interest of those who read it. :-) Many thanks, and blessings!

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison Strobel | 7 comments Hey there! I loooove Screwtape Letters; I wish I had the time to reread it and jump into the discussion, since it's been so long since I've read it. I hope you all enjoy it. Very thought provoking book!

As far as the next discussion goes...unfortunately my list of books I *must* read is a little daunting at the moment, so I wouldn't be able to take on another book, but if y'all wanted to read my novel, "The Weight of Shadows," which released this month then I'd love to do some Q&A when you're done! It's published by Zondervan and available in both ebook (and will be offered for free from June 6-19 on Kindle, Apple iPad, Sony eReader, and B&N Nook) as well as paperback from pretty much anywhere. The trailer is on my website at alisonstrobel.com/trailers if you'd like to get a glimpse into the story line.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 70 comments Anything by Francine Rivers or Karen Kingsbury would be good too...just throwing those authors out there. They touch some pretty deep subjects for Christian fiction in general.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 70 comments lol...Divine by Karen Kingsbury and The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. Both can be found at your local bookstores or even libraries may have them.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (hljourney) | 10 comments I Love Karen Kingsbury books...
I nominate Debbie Macomber's: Hannah's List

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Dolbear (angeladolbear) | 13 comments So many good books, it's hard to choose just one, but if you are allowing authors to nominate their own books, may I humbly submit The Garden Key? It is a women's fiction tale of lust, redemption and really good cheeseburgers. Check out readers' reviews at www.TheGardenKey.com and it is available to purchase at www.CloudPillarPublishing.com . Of course the publisher will offer a special CCF Forum rate if my book is selected. Thanks!

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenreadbook) | 1 comments Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock

message 9: by Steve (last edited May 29, 2010 09:14PM) (new)

Steve Grove (pastorsteve) | 9 comments Talking to the Dead by Bonnie Grove
Published by David C Cook
In Christian bookstores and online places like Amazon and Barnes and Noble
“It isn’t often that I get so hooked on the characters and story that I forget time and purpose. Talking to the Dead caught hold of my heart from page one. It takes a gifted and intuitive writer like Bonnie to bring humor into the middle of such a serious story. Call her the Jodi Piccoult of Christian fiction! Beautifully done! I can’t wait to read the next story she writes.” Francine Rivers, bestselling author of Redeeming Love

message 10: by Nelson (last edited May 29, 2010 08:55PM) (new)

Nelson Caldwell | 5 comments My novel, A TERRACE ON THE TOWER OF BABEL, is a sweeping, fictionalized "names changed to protect . . ." account of the Silicon Valley/Wall Street Tech Boom by a high-level insider. An uncommon view of San Francisco Bay Area, California, and National history as well - several diverse and colorful characters, including a few strongly Christian, take the reader on an unforgettable, first-person, fast-paced, mouse-in-the-pocket journey including scenes in New York, London, Washington D.C., Riyadh, and Ibiza. Provocative and compelling, this boldly rollicking tale is by all remarks, a definite "I can't put it down . . . I don't want it to end" book. Available at Amazon and other leading on-line retailers in both print and Kindle; visit http://www.nelswrites.com for an in-depth preview, bio, reviews, links, and other info.  Be prepared to face the knowledge of good and evil head on.

message 11: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Am I too late? New novel coming out around this time: Mirror, Beware by Dream Summore. www.gshpublishing.com or her site: www.dreamsummore.webs.com.

I have tried to read CS Lewis book you are speaking of, can't get into it although he is well-known for his literature. I tried audio book on this novel too and the reader was so dry and boring...ugh. I will see.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 70 comments Trish wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "lol...Divine by Karen Kingsbury and The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. Both can be found at your local bookstores or even libraries may have them."

Jennifer, you're so sill..."

That's fine, I don't care!

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Roder | 7 comments I vote Hearts Crossing.

Victoria

message 14: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Roder | 7 comments Thanks for filling me in, Trish.
Victoria