F/F Romance-Erotica discussion

What are you currently reading? And how do you like it?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Just wanting to know what everyone is currently reading in the F/F books and also if anyone has any great suggestions?

message 2: by LVLMLeah (last edited Mar 07, 2011 07:22PM) (new)

LVLMLeah Kim wrote: "Just wanting to know what everyone is currently reading in the F/F books and also if anyone has any great suggestions?"

I'm currently reading Last Flight of the Ark.

I was a bit pissed at the hero in the beginning. I hate men who refer to women as bitchy and moody and better mind your P's and Q's around them or there will be hell to pay. Ugh.

However, it does start getting a lot better fairly quickly and hero isn't the ass I thought.

I'm about 1/2 through. It's a f/f/m sort of a sci-fi- paranormal. Three people on a ship to a new planet go through gama radiation cloud at the same moment the guy gets bit by one of their specimen wolves on board. It's a different twist on the whole were paranormal. But it's kind of fun.

Am also reading Clicking Stones , which I'm 3/4 the way done. It's a bit slower and I read that in between more fun reads. It's written more as a biography of someone's lifetime from the late 30's to present and it's got a lot of new age type stuff in it. It's a lesbian story, but not really a romance.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me know how these 2 end up and what rating you give them..I really hate reading anything that ends bad or does not have atleast a 3 stars...Which I still read sometimes.

message 4: by LVLMLeah (new)

LVLMLeah Kim- I'll probably rate both books a 3 star. The sci-fi one is more like a 3 1/2 star. The relationship dynamics between all three characters, man and two women is kind of nice and hot. It's clear they love each other. But there are so many gaps in the sci-fi part of the story. It's jumps around and pieces seem to be missing or I just couldn't follow it correctly. And some of the dialogue or writing was kind of cheesy almost as if a younger teen age boy wrote it. I mean the main guy character is older, in his 50's and yet he thinks to himself "damn she's got huge boobies that are making me hot" Not quite written like that, but close.

But it's still an engaging story and it's a good f/f/m story, which are pretty rare.

Clicking Stones, well, I'm not going to say it's a DNF but at this point of the story, I keep choosing other books to read instead of finishing it even though there's not much left, which says something. I will finish it, but like I said, it's more a biography than romance. It is interesting for what it is, but it's been dragging for me at this point.

message 5: by J. Rosemary (last edited Jan 10, 2011 09:26PM) (new)

J. Rosemary Moss (jrosemarymoss) | 5 comments Hi all!

I have a couple of F/F books on my TBR list, but I'm looking for a fluffy, fun, girl-meets-girl book. Not that it should be completely devoid of conflict and issues--but something more humorous than angsty. Any suggestions?

message 6: by Pam (new)

Pam Silk | 5 comments I just read Fireflies by Lacey Reah, a new author. Has anyone else read it. I'd love to discuss the book.

message 7: by Rhea (new)

Rhea | 4 comments Pam wrote: "I just read Fireflies by Lacey Reah, a new author. Has anyone else read it. I'd love to discuss the book."

OMG I loved that book! I couldn't put it down.

message 8: by Pam (new)

Pam Silk | 5 comments Has Lacey Reah written anything else? I couldn't put the book down either. I'd like to learn more about her characters. The erotica and the concept of the story is very vivid.

message 9: by Rhea (new)

Rhea | 4 comments That was her first book, I believe but hope to see more of her. I did a search on google on her. She has a blogspot and you can friend her on facebook. I loved the character of Jessie. I'd like to learn more about her. Maybe her next book will cover more of Jesse. I hope she writes more. Her characters really stick with you.

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam Silk | 5 comments I like how the heroine is the villain and the villain is the heroine. The female heartthrob isn't some weak dame who just falls in love with the vampire. It's very different.

message 11: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Carr (Claudia_Carr) I just finished light & fluffy here: Erosistible by Gill McKnight it was so enjoyable, I also love historicals & another favorite writer of mine is Nene Adams. Monica Nolan is too, she's a hoot with her take-offs on 50's f/f pulp (with happy endings) Bobby Blanchard, Lesbian Gym Teacher by Monica Nolan

message 12: by Rhea (new)

Rhea | 4 comments Has anyone read a book called Astral Liaisons? I stumbled on it on Amazon. I haven't read it yet but the cover is most enticing

message 13: by Rhea (new)

Rhea | 4 comments Has anyone read a book called Astral Liaisons? I stumbled on it on Amazon. I haven't read it yet but the cover is most enticing.

message 14: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments I just read Beguiled by Paisley Smith. Has anyone else read it? It's a F/F story based during the civil war. It was very sexy and well written, I just wish it was more developed. I felt like the story was a bit rushed but it was still amazing and well worth the read. Additionally, I wish there was a printed version available! Does anyone know where I could purchase a printed version?

message 15: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Pegau (cathyinak) | 15 comments Danielle wrote: "I just read Beguiled by Paisley Smith. Has anyone else read it?"

I have and enjoyed it. But I agree a longer, more developed relationship would have been nice.

No idea where you can get a print version. Sorry!

message 16: by Paisley (new)

Paisley Smith (paisleysmith) | 9 comments Danielle wrote: "I just read Beguiled by Paisley Smith. Has anyone else read it? It's a F/F story based during the civil war. It was very sexy and well written, I just wish it was more developed. I felt like the st..."

I'm not sure if Loose Id puts out print. I'll check with my editor. Thanks so much for reading Beguiled!

message 17: by Kissa (new)

Kissa | 6 comments I just finished Keiley's Chance by Dillon Watson. It was a fun, humorous story that I enjoyed a lot.

message 18: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Kraft | 6 comments I'm reading Waking Up Gray by R.E. Bradshaw and loving it - I want to savor every page, and I'm going to have to blog about it before I even finish it because there's too much to say about it in just a single blog. Hope to get that posted this week sometime.

message 19: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Zedde (zedde) | 6 comments the reviews i've seen of "waking up gray" are great. looking forward to your blog on it, adriana.

i just finished j.m. redmann's "death of a dying man." i loved the first three books in her serial featuring dyke dick micky knight. i'm continuing with the subsequent books in hopes that she'll recapture the magic of those early books.

message 20: by Grace (new)

Grace Above Temptation This is an awesome book so far. From what I know of this author this will be a great book to read all the way through.

message 21: by Patricia (last edited Aug 15, 2011 11:46AM) (new)

Patricia Williams (triciatypes) | 1 comments New around these parts...lots of good books for me to add to my tbr! :)
I just finished First Taste by Violet Williams...it's a YA paranormal romance about a freshman who falls in love with her English professor. I think one of the biggest things I liked about the book is how natural their attraction is...and the protagonist is feisty and super relateable.
First Taste

message 22: by Snott (new)

Snott | 2 comments Just read a retelling of the myth of Persephone that was great. "The Dark Wife" by Sarah Diemer, it's YA romance. Thought it was beautifully written.

message 23: by Snott (new)

Snott | 2 comments For those that like paranormal fiction. I'd recommend 'everafter' by Nell Stark & Trinity Tam.
It's a romance with werewolves & vampires. It does not follow the usual girl meets girl convention because it starts with an established couple which then run into ..well I don't want to give away plot but I think you'll enjoy it.

message 24: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 14 comments Adriana wrote: "I'm reading Waking Up Gray by R.E. Bradshaw and loving it - I want to savor every page, and I'm going to have to blog about it before I even finish it because there's too much to say about it in ju..."

I love all the R.E. Bradshaw books. And her newest one Rainey nights is coming out soon. I also recently read a really good book called Blind leading the Blind by Susan Landis-Steward.

message 25: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Pegau (cathyinak) | 15 comments Snott wrote: "Just read a retelling of the myth of Persephone that was great. "The Dark Wife" by Sarah Diemer, it's YA romance. Thought it was beautifully written."

I have this waiting in my Kindle and look forward to diving in soon : )

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

i recently finished a cold-case murder mystery called The Slayer by Nadine LaPierre, http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Interviewed Nadine about it a couple weeks ago too:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/readings...

message 27: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Sharp | 2 comments Have any of you read Greg Rucka's A Fistful of Rain A Fistful of Rain by Greg Rucka ? It features a lesbian lead. REALLY good.

I've written one novella featuring a lesbian lead so far.

message 28: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (alexisshore) | 3 comments My first book Bitten has a lesbian lead with plenty of F/F and F/F/F action.

Bitten by Alexis Shore

message 29: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Caine | 1 comments Just enjoyed Only One Naked by Belinda Smiles. It's not a romance, but it's light, frothy tales about a sexy girl who ends up being the only one to lose her clothes. There's a recurring CFNF Clothed Female Nude Female theme, which is a pretty hot kink.

Thank you :)

Only One Naked by Belinda Smiles

message 30: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 14 comments I've been reading a lot of Radclyffe lately. Her honor series was good and now I am starting the provincetown series

message 31: by Katey (new)

Katey Hawthorne (kateyhawthorne) | 4 comments I just read

Beguiled

because of some recs in this group, and it was great fun. I'm going to eat all her books (or, if you're here, Paisley, your books!) up.

Next, some old fashioned pulp. I'm retro like that.

The Girls in 3-B

Pretty sure it's not erotica, considering when it was written, but my imagination's pretty active. :D

message 32: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 14 comments I love Paisley's books too!

message 33: by Miki (new)

Miki Calben | 1 comments I'll have to check out a few of the books you guys listed! My TBR pile just grew a bit. :D

message 34: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 14 comments Just finished reading Come and Get Me by Julie Cannon last night. IMO it was a very good book. Loved the banter between characters.

message 35: by Paisley (new)

Paisley Smith (paisleysmith) | 9 comments Katey wrote: "I just read

Beguiled

because of some recs in this group, and it was great fun. I'm going to eat all her books (or, if you're here, Paisley, your books!) up.

Next, some old fashio..."

Thanks!!! :-)

message 36: by Paisley (new)

Paisley Smith (paisleysmith) | 9 comments Jenny wrote: "I love Paisley's books too!"

Thanks so much! I'm working on a short sequel to Beguiled.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading "Stealing Angel" by Terry Wolverton and enjoying it. I'm interviewing her this Thursday on "Readings LAB" radio. You can catch the interview here: http://blogtalkradio.com/readingslab