SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Series and Authors We ❤ > Riley Jenson, Guardian / Keri Arthur

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Oct 11, 2016 06:59AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments Riley Jensen, Guardian by Keri Arthur
Goodreads' Series Page

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1) by Keri Arthur Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian #2) by Keri Arthur Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian #3) by Keri Arthur Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian #4) by Keri Arthur Embraced by Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian #5) by Keri Arthur The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian #6) by Keri Arthur Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7) by Keri Arthur Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian #8) by Keri Arthur Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9) by Keri Arthur

Series Synopsis:
"Half Vampire, half werewolf, all trouble…."
Reading Order:
1: Full Moon Rising
2: Kissing Sin
3: Tempting Evil
4: Dangerous Games
5: Embraced By Darkness
6: The Darkest Kiss
7: Deadly Desire
8: Bound to Shadows
9: Moon Sworn (Last book in the series)

message 2: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) LOVE LOVE LOVE this series, it is still one of my top 5 fav series, I'm very sad it's going to be ending... I'm 6 chapters into Moon Sworn right now!!! Can't wait to chat about this series with others!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Symko (csymko) | 26 comments I love the Riley Jenson series. I have only been able to read the first 5 books. I have looked the past couple of times I have been at the library and they have not had the next couple of books so I will need to request them so I can read them.. I love the characters in the series too. Look forward to chatting about it with others also.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments Done yet, Suz? :)

message 5: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) UGH NO :( I'm just at halfway, didn't get much reading done this weekend too busy :(:(

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments :) No worries, that's the good thing about books, they are always there waiting for you when you are ready. :)

message 7: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) FINALLY finished Moon Sworn and LOVED it!!! So so sad the series is over, but I so loved how she ended it!!!! Can't wait for the spin off series with Risa!!!!

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments Yeah! Me2! I know right?! Were there any tears? At the beginning? And I was starting to get a bit teary at their ceremony. I'm SO happy she ended up with Quinn! LOVE him!

I posted a link on Keri Arthur's "Author's We Love" post, but I don't know if anyone saw it ... Keri was holding a group discussion about "All Things Riley" today (our time - she's in Australia which is only 2 hrs ahead of me in Japan) on Facebook. I think she's gone, for now, but will return to answer any add'l posts.

Join in the chat

She said that Jack's sister is going to be in Risa's series. I can't wait. I am intrigued by her, she's mentioned quite a bit, but there is still so much we don't know about her. The discussion board is 4-5 pgs long, but it's easy to skim through and find which bits she will be including in the new series. Can't wait! I'm glad she's continuing Riley's world.

message 9: by Naoms (new)

Naoms (naomsbookgeekdavis) I'm really behind but catching up! I just finished Embraced by Darkness and was sad to see Kellen go, but I understand where he was coming from. Also, I'm guessing this opens up the way for QUINN! who I love.

I have to say if you guys read it while they were released I raise my hat to you. After the way the book ends I have no idea how you guys waited. I'm opening the 6 book as we speak, lol.

message 10: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments Keri posted this on her website: I’ve just put up the Riley Jenson short story I did for Bantam a while ago, so for those who never saw it in the spectra pulse newsletter, head on over here to check it out (it’s pdf format)

I haven't read it yet, but it's a Riley/Quinn Short Story! :D

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8662 comments I read all those books and sad that the series ended...better late than never.

I just wish I could find another series that has as many little treasures as this one. Anyone has a suggestion? I'm not saying that I am tired of vampires and werewolves but I would like to have something else.

At least Riley Jenson had cool gifts, horse shifters, other bizarre life forms and a boss that kind of liked because I pitied him. Even if it had a heavy paranormal romance element...there was a story to it. There was not too much of internal monologues that bore me to death.

Any suggestions about unusual/unconventional paranormal characters? I wish to have some action so not interested right now in young adult lit.

message 12: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments Have you tried her new dark angels spinoff? This jumps several years in the future with Risa, but you little snipits here and there that let you know what's happening with Riley.... I am waiting for her earlier wolf series to be re-released Nickki and Michael or Ripple creek.

Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur Darkness Rising (Dark Angels, #2) by Keri Arthur Darkness Devours by Keri Arthur

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8662 comments Thanks Lis, I have not read all her series. I have read the Nickki and Michael ones, the Damask Circle ones and Riley. It is true I have yet to read her Myth & Magic and Dark Angels.

message 14: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments Its pretty good. She's not as wolfie as her Aunt Riley and its full of new twists so you feel like your reading a different but familiar series. The third book will be released in July.

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) Looking forward to reading Dark Angels have reread Riley to get in the mindset:).....I loved Nickki and Michael...great series.. I also liked Damask Circle. I admit to not reading Myth and Magic yet. But I am a Keri Arthur fan.

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments I've got the spin-off and hope to get to them soon. Really lookin' forward to getting back into Riley's world, albeit with other characters.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8662 comments Shit! The more I think about the Dark Angels series, the more I want to start it....but it does not fit in any reading challenge I already have. :(

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8662 comments I broke down and started Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur .

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) LOL...welcome to the darkside Val::)

message 20: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 354 comments I'm in the middle of reading Embraced by Darkness and am having a hard time with it...loving the story/action part but I just don't like Kellen. I don't know why but he just doesn't do it for me.

message 21: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 354 comments Steph wrote: "Keri posted this on her website: I’ve just put up the Riley Jenson short story I did for Bantam a while ago, so for those who never saw it in the spectra pulse newsletter, head on over here to chec..."

Do you happen to know when this was supposed to have taken place?

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Feb 07, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments Julianne wrote: "I'm in the middle of reading Embraced by Darkness and am having a hard time with it...loving the story/action part but I just don't like Kellen. I don't know why but he just doesn't do it for me."

In case you'd like to know (view spoiler). If not, hang in there. I liked him, so that's easy for me to say. Hope it gets better for ya.

RE: the short - lemme check around and see if I can find out when that takes place.

ETA: I checked her website. Unfortunately, she doesn't state where in the series the short falls. However, it's dated 2009, so I'm guessing somewhere in between books 7-8. I've sent an email, on her blog, in hopes of getting a firm answer, but we'll have to wait and see.

message 23: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 354 comments I finished Embraced by Darkness last night. I read The Darkest Kiss today - oh boy - I think that one's my favorite yet. :D

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments :D Glad you're enjoying it!

message 25: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 354 comments I finished Moon Sworn last night. I thought it was a really good ending to the series but I'm sad that it's over. I'm definitely going to have to add her Dark Angels series to my 2012 reading list.

message 26: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments I was sad to see it end too, Julianne. I'm glad she started a series within the same world. Now, I just need to start reading it.

message 27: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments I'm connected to Keri Arthur's FB and she made a comment that Scarlet Johansen would make a good Riley after watching the new Avengers movie. I caught the movie this weekend and Black Widow is pretty bad a$$' so I have to agree!

message 28: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29058 comments I'm looking forward to seeing that movie, Lis. Although I'm sure it'll be a while before it makes it here. I'll have to remember to consider her as Riley when I watch. :)

message 29: by Sasha (new)

Sasha I really liked Riley and her family in this series. I hated to see it end.

message 30: by Lis (last edited Jan 24, 2013 05:45PM) (new)

Lis | 3609 comments Sasha you can still catch sneak peeks of them in her Dark Angel spinoff series, which is set about 20 years later. It's focused on Riley's "niece" Risa. The first book in the series is
Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur

message 31: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Thanks!

message 32: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 13 comments Lis wrote: "Sasha you can still catch sneak peeks of them in her Dark Angel spinoff series, which is set about 20 years later. It's focused on Riley's "niece" Risa. The first book in the series is
[bookcove..."

Thanks for posting this! I'll have to check it out.