Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Book Lists by Author > Cindy Woodsmall

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by pam (new)

pam (heidigirl5) | 18 comments love the sisters of the quilt series all three books i could not put them down. hope of refuge is good but not as good as sister of the quilt series.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I just bought the first Sisters of the Quilt book, glad to see it's recommended! I'll let you know what I think of it :)

message 4: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I loved the Sisters of the Quilt series. I could not wait for the next book to come out. All of them were wonderful!! I have The Hope of Refuge but have not started it yet.

message 5: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I read The Sound of Sleigh Bells and I was not that impressed with it. It was just okay. Her other books are so much better.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz (busy91) I also enjoyed "Sisters of the Quilt" series. I want to read "The Sound of Sleigh Bells". I didn't get to the new series yet.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I've still not got around to reading the first in the Sisters of the Quilt series, maybe I'll try it next month. Have heard lots of good things about her books!

message 8: by Janet (new)

Janet | 153 comments Sisters of the Quilt Series is one of my favorite Amish series. I am so thankful for so many good amish books out there now a days. They really get and hold my attention.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1541 comments Mod
Janet wrote: "Sisters of the Quilt Series is one of my favorite Amish series. I am so thankful for so many good amish books out there now a days. They really get and hold my attention."

I agree with you Janet. Some of the characters, especially in the 3-4 volume series, begin to feel like they have been my friends forever.

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Peters (trishpeters) | 11 comments Cindy Woodsmall is a great author. I have read all of the above books and they are among my all time favorites. I was glad to see she is comming out with a new book in the new year. These are all 5 star books.

message 11: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Has anyone read the Ada's House series by Cindy Woodsmall? If so, do you have to read them in order? I have The Bridge of Peace but I haven't read The Hope of Refuge: A Novel and I am not sure if I can start with The Bridge of Peace.

Let me know if you have any input!

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Updated!

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1541 comments Mod
Camille wrote: "Has anyone read the Ada's House series by Cindy Woodsmall? If so, do you have to read them in order? I have The Bridge of Peace but I haven't read [book:The Hope of Refuge: A Novel..."

It would be best to read them in order.

message 14: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Hah hah, yeah I figured that out after I read The Bridge of Peace. Oh well, I can go back now and read The Hope of Refuge

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Rachel wrote: "Sisters of the Quilt
1. When the Heart Cries (2006)
2. When the Morning Comes (2007)
3. When the Soul Mends: A Novel (2008)

Ada's House
1. [book:Th..."

I just got a copy of "When the Soul Mends" from the Blogging for Books program and can't wait to dive in!