Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Book Lists by Author > P. L. Gaus

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand *updated*

message 3: by Barbara (last edited Nov 09, 2010 06:15PM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1541 comments Mod
Rachel,

the books are being repackaged I believe. I found these dates...

1) Blood of the Prodigal (1998)
2) Broken English (2000)
3) Clouds Without Rain (2001)
4) Cast a Blue Shadow (2003)
5) A Prayer for the Night (2006)
6) Separate from the World (2008)

and a new one next year...

7) Harmless as Doves (2011)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Thanks for the info! I was a bit confused by this series. I'll update the list.

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Peters (trishpeters) | 11 comments Just wondering has anyone read anything by ann gabhart? i have just picked up one of her books havent started it yet. they are based in a shaker community. thought it might be interesting. i also heard about a book called i am hutterite that sounded interesting.. i hear about most things thru amish wisdom which i download thru itunes for free to my ipod. susan fisher woods hosts the show. she also has written some books im dying to read. anyway happy reading to everyone.

message 6: by Barbara (last edited Nov 10, 2010 08:01PM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1541 comments Mod
Patricia wrote: "Just wondering has anyone read anything by ann gabhart? i have just picked up one of her books havent started it yet. they are based in a shaker community. thought it might be interesting. i als..."

Patricia, I've read all 3 of the books in Ann Gabhart's "The Shaker Series" and enjoyed all of them. The Shakers are a bit different from the Amish, but their work ethic and sense of community are shared. I don't remember the characters overlapping, so I think you can read them in any order. I hope you enjoy it.

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Peters (trishpeters) | 11 comments Thank You for the reply Barbara.