SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Book Recommendations & Favorites > Who's Reading Sci-Fi Romances?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Has anyone gotten into the new (at least new-2-me) genre of sci-fi romance?

I haven't really. I tried Gena Showalter's first Alien Huntress book, Awaken Me Darkly and I didn't not like it. But, so far at least, I don't find the genre drawing me in. I am willing to give some a try though, if you'd recommend them.

Some other's I've noticed:

Warrior by Zoe Archer Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre

message 2: by Yz the Whyz (last edited May 24, 2010 05:46PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 44 comments I have two that I have read and enjoyed immensely and I recommend wholeheartedly.

Linnea's Sinclair's Dock 5 Universe series:

Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five Universe, #1) by Linnea Sinclair Shades of Dark (Dock Five Universe, #2) by Linnea Sinclair Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3) by Linnea Sinclair Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five Universe, #4) by Linnea Sinclair

Deidre Knight's Midnight Warriors series;

Parallel Attraction (Midnight Warriors, #1) by Deidre Knight Parallel Heat (Midnight Warriors, Book 2) by Deidre Knight Parallel Seduction (Midnight Warriors, Book 3) by Deidre Knight Parallel Desire (Midnight Warriors, #4) by Deidre Knight

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments I had forgotten, I made a note to check my library for the Dock 5 series. Someone, maybe you, mentioned that on the PNR board.

Knight's Gods of Midnight or Midnight Warriors? Or are they the same to be read in a certain order?

message 4: by Yz the Whyz (last edited May 24, 2010 05:47PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 44 comments Oops...you are right. It's Midnight Warriors. And this series really need to be read in order.

Gods of Midnight is her Spartan series.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Gotcha. I am pretty sure I have the first of her Gods of Midnight somewhere TBR. I'll have to see if my library has the other.

Thanks, Yz!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 82 comments The only series I've read so far is Ann Aguirre's Sirantha Jax, and I love it

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2) by Ann Aguirre Doubleblind (Sirantha Jax, #3) by Ann Aguirre Killbox (Sirantha Jax #4) by Ann Aguirre

* Killbox will be released on the 28th of September

message 7: by LooLoo (new)

LooLoo | 20 comments I've read the Deidre Knight series. I didn't care for the first book but ended up really liking the series. I think the first book may have just been my frame of mind. I've read Showalter's Alien Huntress series and thought it was okay but not in love with it.

I've got a couple of the Sinclair books in my TBR pile and I recently read Slave (Cat Star Chronicles, #1) by Cheryl Brooks and like it okay. I plan to continue the series.

I guess Kenyon's Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire (The League, #2)  by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon would be considered scifi romance. I really liked it. Got much better as it went.

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments I have one of the Sirantha Jax to read, but just can't get excited about it yet.

I read book 1 of Showalter's AH series and it was ok, but didn't draw me in enough to jump on book 2.

I have been hearing (reading) a lot of positive reviews of Kenyon's "born" series, but haven't read it yet. I think I have book 1 somewhere TBR.

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Steph, what about Touched by an Alien Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch by Gini Koch. Second one is out later this year.

I don't know what it's like yet 'cause I just got it the other day, but I've heard good things.

I didn't like Showalther's AH book 1, did enjoy Savor Me SlowlyNo.3 but not enough to read the series.

message 10: by Literary Ames (last edited Jun 02, 2010 03:55PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I've read Awaken Me Darkly it was OK but I know I'll eventually read book two. I got Grimspace after I got tired of reading all the rave reviews of GR friends and not knowing what they were talking about!

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Sandra, I haven't heard of that one, but I'll take a look. Let me know what you thought once you've had a chance to read it.

Same for me, Amy, on the AH series by Gena Showalter. I have Grimspace, but haven't read it, have you?

Have ya'll read her YA AH books (Red Handed & Blacklisted)? Any good? Better/worse than the adult ones? Might eventually give that one a go.

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie My favorite sci-fi rom author is Linnea Sinclair, and I've also read Deidre Knight and Ann Aguirre. Other authors I enjoy include:
Susan Grant- she has several series, including the one that starts with Star King.
Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz alter ego)
Rowena Cherry (off-beat and humorous)
Joss Ware- making a big splash with her "Envy" series
Jordan Summers- "Dead" series, more of a post apocalyptic werewolf series, I guess.
AJ Menden- fun light books in the EHJ series: Phenomenal Girl 5 and Tekgrrl
Pauline Baird Jones- The Key and Girl Gone Nova

For a website totally dedicated to sci-fi rom, check out The Galaxy Express. http://www.thegalaxyexpress.net/

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Cool, Carrie, thanks for sharing those. And welcome to the group!

I'll have to at least try one more sci-romance and give it another chance. I believe I have one of the Linnea Sinclair books TBR. I just have to push myself to get out of my comfort zone genres. :)

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Have ya'll read Gena Showalter's YA AH books (Red Handed & Blacklisted)? Any good? Better/worse than the adult ones? Just curious if they are same, just tamer for younger audience or what.

message 15: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Ok, I read & REALLY enjoyed Grimspace! Thanks for the recs! I'm definitely going to be continuing with this series. :D

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29050 comments Steph wrote: "Have ya'll read Gena Showalter's YA AH books (Red Handed & Blacklisted)? Any good? Better/worse than the adult ones? Just curious if they are same, just tamer for younger audience or what."

Does anyone know the answer to this?