Women's Fiction authors discussion

New member/author

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 11 comments Hello,
I was hoping someone would come up with a group for women writers. I just self-published my debut novel, Her Sanctuary, by P.Q. Glisson. It's an adult modern romance/mystery set in the fictional town of Sanctuary right outside an Indian reservation. Here's the synopsis:
Shannon Mallory was a woman on the run….not from outside forces but from her own wounded heart. When she pulled up into the parking lot of The Last Resort Café, in the town of Sanctuary, little did she know she would find the one thing she never even knew she was searching for….true love.

Seth Proudfoot wasn’t looking for anything, except an end to his miserable existence. Accused of a crime he couldn’t remember committing, he was ostracized by a town that, ironically, bore the name of the one thing he could never find….Sanctuary.

When the two meet, neither can ignore the magnetic pull between them, but will Shannon allow her damaged spirit to trust a man…a man who may have murdered his own family?

Though Shannon is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, it is her spirit that breaks down the iron-clad shield around his heart. Their desire burns hotter than the Arizona desert, threatening to melt the very mountains that loom like silent Gods above their heads. But can their love survive a betrayal that could very well cost them both their lives?

It's available in perfect softcover, ebook, kindle, and nook format at over 25,000 bookstore websites worldwide, including amazon.com and Barnes n Noble. The reviews are starting to come in and they are impressive. amazon.com is showing seven reviews, five of which are 5 stars. Goodreads is showing an average rating of 4.03. I'm very excited as this is not only my first published novel but also my very first "written" novel. I've only ever written a few short stories and a poem here and there. Please feel free to peruse my profile and see what I'm currently working on.

I look forward to meeting many other women writers through this group.

Thanks for inviting me! Her Sanctuary by P.Q. Glisson

message 2: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 11 comments Hi, PQ. Sounds fascinating. What a great start. I'm looking forward to reading it. Mine is Deception Past about reincarnation and past life identity theft.

message 3: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 11 comments Hey Franki,
Thanks a lot!
I'll be sure to look up your book.
Would it be okay if I friended you?

message 4: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 11 comments Franki wrote: "Hi, PQ. Sounds fascinating. What a great start. I'm looking forward to reading it. Mine is Deception Past about reincarnation and past life identity theft."

Hey, and thanks for putting my book on your TBR list.

message 5: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd I'm glad your book, Her Sanctuary is doing so well, PQ. Laurel

message 6: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 11 comments Thanks Laurel! But you know, it never hurts to spread the word. lol

message 7: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 11 comments Glad to have you as a friend PQ! Thanks!

message 8: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 11 comments Thanks so much Franki! It's always great to make a new friend, especially one who has the same tastes in books! :)