L.E. Modesitt Jr. discussion

Modesitt SF > Ecolitan Series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 47 comments There are 4 books in this universe. They're done in duos.
The Ecologic Envoy & The Ecolitan Operation were published first. They actually come 400 years after the next two, I believe. Nathaniel Whaler is the hero. They're futuristic mysteries.

The The Ecologic Secession & The Ecolitan Enigma feature Jimjoy, an assassin that changes sides & helps a planet gain its freedom. It's more of a space battle book.

Excellent books, they've been reissued as two omnibuses.

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Forgive me, I'm only thirteen.
What exactly are omnibuses?

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Okay, thank you. Understood now. :)

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 47 comments This was another case where I FINALLY completed the set of books just before the omnibus came out. That's very frustrating.

Has anyone else ever done that? I guess it's not as common any more, but back before the Internet, I literally spent decades looking for some books to finish a series. I'd check every second hand book store, search each library. Libraries didn't loan to each other as much, either. Some were limited to just their county. Count your blessings today.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 33 comments Mod
Jim wrote: "This was another case where I FINALLY completed the set of books just before the omnibus came out. That's very frustrating.

Has anyone else ever done that? I guess it's not as common any more, b..."

I remember those days. I was a starving college student. If It wasn't in the second hand store, I didn't get a chance to read it - unless it was Terry Brooks or L.E. of course.