Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Sandra Kitt Needs Your Help

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments I found this on another board from another reader:

Sandra Kitt would love to publish more Interracial novels. However, her publisher doesn't believe there is a market. If you are a fan and would like to read more Interracial books from Sandra, please contact her publisher. Contact info is below:

Glenda Howard, Senior Editor
233 Broadway
New York, New York 10007
customer_ecare@harlequin.ca

I wrote and mailed a letter to Glenda yesterday. I urge all fans to do the same. Also, Sandra appreciates feedback and support. You can contact her at sandikitt@hotmail.com. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6611 comments Mod
Thank you for sharing this information Chaeya.

I don't see why Sandra's publisher doesn't think there's a market for interracial romance. He or she needs to do their homework.

message 3: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Many publishers keep asking their authors to send in proof that IR books are profitable but this is the first time I've heard Harlequin ask the same thing. Usually they just dance around the issue. :-/ It's unfortunate because it doesn't bring in the numbers as mainstream romance but us readers and authors are out there!

I would love to see more Sandra Kitt books. She was my first taste of IR books and I haven't looked back since. :-)

I'm wondering why she can't submit her books to Kimani though. I've heard the editor say that their line is open for more IR books featuring BW heroines and they even have one coming up in September from Brenda Jackson. I don't know how Harlequin works exactly but I'm sure she can ask her editor to contact the Kimani line for her books. We'd surely buy em!

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Done.

message 5: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments I think its due to the publishing market becoming much more frugal. I know a number of authors who have a number of books in print, but have been publishing on the e-book market. NY print is trying to play it safe by sticking with traditional stuff they know will sell. It's sad because it means people of color and people who write for them get shut out even more.

message 6: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I sent mine in. A short email to the publishers, requesting they consider my interest and where I will spend my next free dollar. Everybody is trapped by the filthy lucre. I can't even be mad at them, everything and everyone is strapped for cash.

message 7: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Chaeya wrote: "I think its due to the publishing market becoming much more frugal. I know a number of authors who have a number of books in print, but have been publishing on the e-book market. NY print is tryi..."

So true, Chaeya. Especially now that NY is losing money and holding on like crazy to what they believe works.

message 8: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments You know what's so funny about this, is it reminds of Horton Hears a Who and all the Whos at the end are going "we are here, we are here, we are here!"

It's also not helping matters when you have authors like J. A. Konrath bypasses NY to make a deal with Amazon Encore:

http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2010/05...

I think there will definitely be a bigger surge in self-publishing.

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Lol Chaeya. I love that. :-D

I'm so looking forward to the future of publishing. Major congrats to J.A. indeed. Nathan Bransford was right. Publishers need to start working hard to make themselves enticing to aspiring authors as to what they can offer. For a long time, authors have had to make themselves attractive to agents and big publishers but now the tide is turning slowly but surely. Pubs will have to offer up more than distribution which is basically the only thing dividing the two (other than big advances which is pretty much nil for new authors outside of HQN). I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

message 10: by Davina (new)

Davina D. | 796 comments I've sent in mine.

message 11: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments Here's a response Author Bridget Midway received:

Hello Ms. Midway,

Thank you so much for your correspondence expressing your appreciation of interracial romance stories written by Sandra Kitt. We at Kimani Press understand that love has no boundaries and we enjoy publishing novels that appeal to a diverse readership. I'm sure Sandra Kitt will be pleased to hear that you are such a passionate fan of her works. We will be releasing her latest Kimani Romance title, PROMISES IN PARADISE in July 2010. I'll let Sandra know that she has fans who are eagerly awaiting another interracial romance from her - I'm sure this news will simply delight her.

Best,

Glenda Howard
Executive Editor
Kimani Press
233 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, NY 10279
212-553-4217 (Phone)
212-227-8969 (Fax)

Wow! I'm impressed. Our Whoville response got through.

message 12: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Great news indeed!

message 13: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Yes, it worked for Roswell.It worked here to great.