Goodtunes discussion

Musical TV and Musical Movies > Movies We Want To See

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 513 comments Mod
Time has come to nominate the movie you want to see and disscuss. Please try to keep them down to 2 per person. We'll nominate till the 27th, giving us 4 or so days to vote. Thanks to all who participated this month watching School Of Rock!

I'm nominating Heavy Metal, check this out. It's one scene from the movie. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...

message 2: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Edgeplay, which is a documentary on the Runaways. Warning: Watch without childs. Cherie Currie's book was pretty messed up, and I've seen most of the movie on youtube. So be careful and maybe rent it off iTunes or something. Some of it's touching. And funny. But theres a lot of swearing and sick stuff going on.

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Maybe not all the time, but I know Kim Fowley was real weird.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Well i've been gone for a little while, and I can see no one wants to watch a musical and talk about it. So if we don't get anyone interested by the end of the month i'm going to take this site off.

message 5: by Jason (last edited Jun 11, 2010 03:36PM) (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 126 comments Mod
I'd like to suggest Repo the Genetic Opera! I've heard that it was a really weird movie.

message 6: by Lori (last edited Jun 15, 2010 11:25AM) (new)

OMG I want to see this. Do you know that Anthony Head is in this, and singing? It looks awesome. I've got some movies that go back Thursday or Friday and i'm going to ask about this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzgpU2...

Is that where they got the movie from? The new one with Jude Law? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9Nvg...

message 7: by Brainycat (last edited Jun 15, 2010 11:44AM) (new)

Brainycat Yes, "Repo Men" is an action/adventure adaptation of "The Genetic Opera"

I'm not an opera fan AT ALL, but I'm really glad I watched it. It's definitely worth at least one viewing.

Another movie along the same vein is The Gene Generation.

message 8: by Lori (new)

HI there Brainycat! When did you slip in?

I'm no opera fan either, but Repo The Genetic Opera looks to be a fun movie. And i just adore Anthony Head. He was Giles in Buffy you know.

I've seen The Gene Generation, it was really good. Robert David Hall is in it, and he plays Dr. Al Robbins the coroner on CSI.

message 9: by Brainycat (new)

Brainycat I snuck in a little bit earlier this morning :)

message 10: by Jason (new)

Yes,...Repo looks awesome indeed! I think we should watch it!

message 11: by Lori (new)

On the phone right now to see if it's there. I'm on hold. Damn their slow. Went to see Prince Of Persia, and Toy Story 3 in 3D last week. I give them both 5 stars!!!!! You would think that he could look on his computer and tell if they have it or not. Twenty minutes on hold, i hung up. Lets try again, now it's a busy signal. Hold it, now it's ringing. No it's out right now, they only have one copy, call tomorrow.

message 12: by Lori (new)

I've got Repo Genetic Oprea for 5 days. I'm going to watch it and get back to you all when i do. :)

message 13: by Jason (new)

Awesome! I should get to it soon, myself. Are you going to create another thread for this discussion, Lori?

message 14: by Lori (new)

We can if you want to Jason. I'm going to try to watch it tonight.

message 15: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Lori, I saw Toy Story 3 yesterday and loved it.

I am so out of it when it comes to movies. WTH is Repo Genetic Opera?

message 16: by Jason (last edited Jun 28, 2010 02:58PM) (new)

Lori, I should be able to watch it this coming weekend. Go ahead if you want to start a discussion thread on this, but it's totally up to you! We can always just discuss it here.

Tressa, Repo the Genetic Opera is a rock opera that is, from my understanding, some kind of horror musical. Not too sure what it's about, though.

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy (bibliocrates) I saw Toy Story 3 also Tressa, with the kids, we loved it too!

message 18: by Marco (new)

Marco (marcoreads) | 131 comments Rainbow Bridge. 1991 the yr punk broke ,the DVD w/ xtra scenes