Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > The A-Team Movie

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4153 comments Mod
Are any of you going to go see the movie The A-Team?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why they making movies after all these TV shows.

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I do want to see this movie, I thought the previews looked good. But I to get what you are saying Arch. Why can't they come up with original ideas?

message 3: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 51 comments No, it not just you, Arch.

Money is my guess, but from what I've seen of the trailer, I'm not impressed.

message 4: by Ally (new)

Ally | 75 comments I can't wait to see this Bad Boy! The trailer looks so good!
It seems every film nowadays is from a book, tv show, computer game or comic! It is a little sad, especially when they don't do it justice.

message 5: by Arch (new)

It has to be about the money, no matter if the movie sinks.

I want to see original movies. Ally is right, a lot of the movies are made after books, TV shows and computer games or comic books.

Hey, Hitman is a winner in my eyes. Timothy/Agent 47 is hot.

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 120 comments Hey after a while..how many original ideas can you have for a movie?

message 7: by Arch (new)

Sharon wrote: "Hey after a while..how many original ideas can you have for a movie?"

A lot. This world has a lot of writers and if Hollywood gives inspiring movie writers a chance, we can see more original movies.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments HATED the series, so I won't see the movie. Chances are this will be ruined too anyway. Hollywood needs to stop trying recreate the past and come up with decent new ideas.

message 9: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments All I know about this one is that bradley Cooper is in it.

Might just wait to rent it on DVD.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 120 comments I am looking forward to seeing this movie!!

message 11: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Eugenia wrote: Oh Bradley Cooper, he's enough to make me go see many a mediocre movie LOL."

Lol. He's a babe, innit? Have you seen him in New York I Love You? He had a part in one of the short stories but he was hot in that.

message 12: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments I saw in He's just not that into you (okay, I hope I got that very long title right!)

Got The Hangover on DVD and have yet to watch it. Everyone tells me it's a riot.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9736 comments Mod
I want to see it. I can't help it. I was a big A-Team fan. I've always had the taste of a thirteen year old boy. I love action, blowing up scenes, gunplay, fight scenes. You name it.

message 14: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I want to see it. I can't help it. I was a big A-Team fan. I've always had the taste of a thirteen year old boy. I love action, blowing up scenes, gunplay, fight scenes. You name it."

I liked action shows too and a lot of these things happened in cartoons.

Transformers
Thundercats
He-Man
GI Joe - Yes, I've watched GI Joe too.
Scooby Do
Smurfs
Amongst other cartoons

message 15: by ReeCee (new)

ReeCee | 38 comments Arch wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I want to see it. I can't help it. I was a big A-Team fan. I've always had the taste of a thirteen year old boy. I love action, blowing up scenes, gunplay, fig..."<

Ditto on the action movies. I always spend a ton of money on movies every summer to watch superheroes or see something explode. I grew up with three brothers, so I think I was pretty much conditioned to like the "boy" stuff.

message 16: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Oh, I loved the Smurfs!

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Which action movies are your favorites, ReeCee?

message 18: by ReeCee (new)

ReeCee | 38 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Which action movies are your favorites, ReeCee?"

Die Hard, Superman, the Terminator movies, The Matrix, The Mummy, Mission: Impossible to name a few...

message 19: by Arch (new)

I didn't care for Mission Impossible I. I didn't even watch the whole movie, I've only seen a few minutes of it.

As for part 2, I like the fighting scenes. I like the dove scene, the motorcylce stunt and the fight scene between Tom's character and that other man. I can't think of his name.

message 20: by ReeCee (new)

ReeCee | 38 comments I know a lot of people thought the first M:I was boring, but I did enjoy it. I think the guy's name is Dougray Scott.

message 21: by Arch (new)

ReeCee wrote: "I know a lot of people thought the first M:I was boring, but I did enjoy it. I think the guy's name is Dougray Scott."

Yes, Dougray Scott is his name.

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I like MI2 a lot b/c Dougray and Thandie had great chemistry. I didn't like what he did towards the end to her, though.

message 23: by Arch (new)

Months ago, I want to say, when Wolverine was coming to DVD, I've read that Dougray was going to be playing Wolverine in X-men.

I'm sorry, but Hugh is Wolverine. I can't see Dougray as Wolverine.

I know that Dougray was good at being bad in MI2. He even did a good job in Hitman, but no Wolverine. He might be a good villain in a Spiderman movie.

message 24: by ReeCee (new)

ReeCee | 38 comments Arch wrote:
I'm sorry, but Hugh is Wolverine. I can't see Dougray as Wolverine..."

Hugh Jackman was definitley the best choice for Wolverine. I keep picturing Dougray in the movie with Drew Barrymore, Ever Atfer. No way is he tough enough.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

No question about HJ as Wolverine, even if he's a foot taller than the character in the comic books. He totally nailed that part.

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily (ipodaddict18) | 87 comments Amen to that he was like made for the character wolverine I cant see him doing anything different

message 27: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Yup. HJ WAS Wolverine!