The Tenth Circle The Tenth Circle discussion

The movie (6/28/08)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Jun 06, 2008 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley 1) What is your opinion on the cast selection? Check out the website below if you dont know whos playing who...

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movie...

2) Does Jaime Johnston, the actor playing Jason, look like what you thought he would look like considering all the vivid imagery Jodi Picoult included in her novel? The website below includes a good picture of him (He's the 6th picture)...

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movie...

3) After watching the sneak peak of the movie...

http://videos.mylifetime.com/?fr_chl=...

Do you think the movie is going to ruin the book?

Ruby lol u read "Tenth Circle" too? i cant wait to watch the movie.... i loved the book.

1) The four people I've seen that are playing in the movie (via the website you posted) are perfect for the roles, I'm a little un-sure about Trixie though, to me there seems to be something about her that maybe bad for this role.

2)No he doesn't look like anything I personally pictured, but they still did any amazing job, I think he fits the role.

3) I don't think the movie will do the book justice (no movie ever does) but I still think the movie will be amazing. (does that make sense?)

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Jun 06, 2008 03:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley Ruby:

Wow, I am beginning to think that we have the same taste in books lol.

1) I had the same feeling... she just seems too young and innocent to play Trixie...

2) Yea, I think he fits the role and all... it just ruint my mental image of him... I kinda pictured him with darker, shorter hair and muscular built...

3) Oh and yea that makes perfect sense... any movie can be amazing- if they dont change the story line, especially the ending.

Ruby exactly especially about jason..if hes and extreme hockey player he needs to be muscular.

yeah this is almost weird that we like all the same books....but lets just see how the movie turns out.
lol

Ashley Yup yup, I am glad we see eye to eye on most things...

then we will have to more to disuss huh? lol

Ruby lol defenitly...so what other Jodi P. books have you read?

Ashley Just My Sister's Keeper... I have two of of her books on my to read list... you?

message 8: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley I pretty much have all her books minus 4 of them on my to-read list. So much to read, so little time.

Ashley Ashley:

Have you read The Tenth Circle?

message 10: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i've read this, my sisters keeper, and salem falls...i've probably read more i just can't remember them all rite now...o yeah i've read harvesting the heart 2. Ok so what did you think about Trixies character overall (book or movie)?

Ashley Ruby:

I am not sure I understand exactly... what do you mean... book or movie?

message 12: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i mean what do you think about her character in the book, and how she will be potrayed in the movie. sorry if it didn't make any sense

Ashley Ruby:

Okay, now I understand. Umm... welll I definetely liked her character in the book... a typical teenager in love, who finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time... her character sends out a good message to the readers... Do we really know the people we think we know?

And as far as the movie goes... I am unsure about the movie... mainly because I am not so sure the one playing her role is "good" for Trixie... she seems way too young and more innocent than I imagined Trixie to look.

message 14: by Kara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara Thank you so much for posting this information about the movie. I am definitely going to take time out to watch it!!! I wouldn't have known about it unless you had posted this!!! I really enjoyed reading the book, and I am anxious to see how the movie will be!!!

Ashley Kara:

Oh your welcome. I am excited to see how the movie turns out... what do you think about the cast selection?

message 16: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby ok did you guys see that Daniel is abusive in the movie? or is that just me, cuz i dont remember him being downright abusive in the book. all i remember about him is that he had a "history" that he wasnt too pround of.

message 17: by Ashley (last edited Jun 08, 2008 08:34PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley Ruby:

Where did you see this at? In one of the websites above?!?

But he was abusive once in the book, remember? Outside the grocery store! The night Jason died...

message 18: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby o yeah...no i meant toward his wife (wat was her name?) they (in alaska) have started to show clips of the movie before it "premieres" and it showed daniel attacking his wife so i was thinking y would they do that, if daniel is supposed to be the stable parent, especially for Trixie.

Ashley Oh wow... I havent seen that clip... I swear they are going to ruin to the movie... :-(

message 20: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i know it! i honestly think that a lot of these movies should be redone (i get a lil obsessive when things do justify the books). but wat-ev we really cant tell at this point huh? we just have to wait and c

Ashley Ruby:

I completely agree with you there... and nope thats for sure... but I sure hope the movie doesnt ruin the book for me...

message 22: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i know, but for me anyway, it takes a really horrible movie to ruin the book for me too. thats something i have to do, seperate the book from the movie, judge the book as a book, and the movie as a movie. its easier that way so i dont end up hating the director of the movie and the author of the book u kno?... but yeah i completly get ur point. sad if i does turn out that way though huh?

Ashley I judge from the book's story line... the only way a movie can ruin the book is if it doesnt follow the story line... because seriously, would there have even been that movie if there wasnt a book to begin with?

message 24: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby tru...and too i would like to see how certain situations are played out. u get wat im saying?

Ashley yup, then we will have a lot more to discuss lol. We only have a little over and month and a half before the movie is on Lifetime :-)

message 26: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i kno its killing me! wait how long did u say, cuz here anyway it comes on the 28th of this month? huh, well yeah we'll have wayyyy more to argue about once we c that, lol. g2g

message 27: by Ashley (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley Oh yea my bad, it is this month... I suppose I was thinking about Breaking Dawn again lol... and yea thats so true, I cant wait... I love 2 argue :-)

message 28: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby lol same here!!! but yeah cant wait

Barbara I'm definitely looking forward to the movie this weekend, and I know the actor playing Daniel will do an outstanding job as he does everything else.

Ashley What time does the movie begin on lifetime?!? Does anyone know?

Barbara Saturday at 9 pm (EST) and Sunday at 7 pm (EST)

Barbara Did anyone get the hidden message that would be willing to tell me, even privately? I give up, I've tried repeatedly.

message 33: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i did but i forgot. sorry. i'll find out thow...hold on a sec.

Ashley Barbara:

I didnt even try getting it, so sorry. But hey if someone tells you, will you please tell m cuz I would really like to know?!?

message 35: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby i tried getting it and got it rite but i think i threw it out. (the quote NOT the book) but it was something about preserverence and it was deep. does that help? lol but honestly ill try to find it again for u guys. :)

Rose Ann this is from her website....if it doesnt work...it is www.jodipicoult.com and listed under the FAQ

What’s the answer to the hidden message in The Tenth Circle?
Spoiler alert – don’t read this answer if you haven’t read the book!!!

Rose Ann sorry...it doesnt show up here...when you put your cursor over "this answer" it reveals the answer. You'll have to go to her website to read it.

message 38: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby ok here its is if u haven't been able to go to the site yet:

Nothing is Easier Than Self Deceit For What Each Man Wishes That He Also Beleives To Be True-- Demosthenes

thats the quote as written on her site.

i finally found it!!! yay :) lol

Barbara Love you guys - you all ROCK!

Barbara I'm on her site now, where is it?

Rose Ann did you find it Barbara? It's under FAQ...you have to scroll thru the questions

Ashley Exactly but here in a few days we will know. You watching it Saturday or Sunday?!?

Barbara well, I found it but not the answer - GRRR...... I'm not sure when I'm watching it since I've TiVoed it! :) Can't wait to see Ron in this role!

message 44: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby omg im watching it now!! god the girl for trixie is ruining it. my opinion.

Ashley I didnt get to watch it last nite. I am going to try and record it tonite and watch it tomorrow... then we can discuss it kay?

Karen I was disappointed in the movie, but kind of expected to be because a movie rarely lives up to the book. I think if I hadn't read the book the movie would have seemed even more lame and disjointed. And I wish they would have delved more into Daniel's past because that really explained who he really was. Also, they should have gone further into Dante, that explained a lot in relation to the story. Ron Eldard (Daniel) was great and he looked exactly how I imagined Daniel would look. Britt Robertson (Trixie) is an incredible actress, I thought she was great. And the way that they captured the innocence in her contrasted with the drinking and sex made it all the more believable. That was a true portrayal of a lot of high school kids. Her friend Zephyr was played by someone who looked much, much too old for the part. Although I expected it not to be a very good movie, I was still glad to see it last night. And I'm happy for Jodi Piccoult that she was able to see her work developed into a movie. I just wish she would have been one of the screenwriters, I think it would have been a much better movie.

message 47: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby ok Karen b4 i comment on what i agree/disagree with u on im gonna wait till 'marrow b/c ashley hasnt watched it yet and id like her opinion. so.....

Ashley I havent read what Karen wrote yet, but I just thought I would let you know, Ruby, that I didnt get to record it, so I cant watch it until tomorrow night from 8 to 10. (hopefully I am home by then) But if I do get to watch it, then Tuesday or late tomorrow night we can start discussing it :-)

Uh! I cant wait to watch it!!!

message 49: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby ok, but still.... and honestly go ahead and watch it cuz it was and amazing book, but the movie was a waste.

Ashley Going to watch it now :-)

Talk to you about it later.

« previous 1