Chicks On Lit discussion

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holli (new)

Holli Our first book in July will be The Hunger Games led by Jennifer W and then Cutting for Stone led by Elizabeth

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yay, I have been wanting to read Hunger Games, Cutting for Stone looks good too.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie  (tikkledpink) I'm ahead!! I've already read HG! Gonna go put Cutting For Stone in my library queue right now!

message 4: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Yay! Can't wait to see everyone at the discussion!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I love the Hunger Games, and I'm to pick up Cutting for Stone from the library today. Yay!

message 6: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments Cutting for Stone - woohoo!

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Great choices, I've been wanting to read both of these!

message 8: by Gaynor (new)

Gaynor (seasian) | 94 comments Happy about these choices.! Have HG and Cutting for Stone is on order. Hope it arrives in time.

message 9: by Mandy (new)

Mandy It's been a long time since I've posted on here but yay, I think I will be in for HG in July, been wanting to read it for ages and now have the perfect excuse!

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 32 comments Woohoooo!! I have been wanting to read them both too, and they nicely priced for Kindle.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori LOVED HG!!! SO excited to discuss it... have my daughters reading it for their summer reading!!!

message 12: by Adrienne (last edited May 25, 2010 06:53PM) (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments what age would you say it is appropriate for Lori? I have a book loving 10 year old who just flew through Inkheart in two days!

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Reading Cutting for Stone for a library book club. Perfect timing!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Adrienne wrote: "what age would you say it is appropriate for Lori? I have a book loving 10 year old who just flew through Inkheart in two days!"

Adrienne - My daughter read The hunger Games and Catching Fire last year when she was 11 and she loved them! She also loved the Inkheart series!

message 15: by Angie (new)

Angie  (tikkledpink) HG and CF are pretty violent... so as long as you aren't opposed to violence...

They are excellent books... I'd recommend reading them yourself first... easy to read.

message 16: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments I did wonder about the violence, simply from the description. I think I might give her a year or two on this one. She just got into Nancy Drew and I just started Inkheart. It's like I'm 10 years old again and we're having a time-traveling book club sometimes. hehe

message 17: by Raechel (new)

Raechel | 19 comments cutting for stone was amazing!!!!!

message 18: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments The Hunger Games ^.^

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Looking forward to it!

message 20: by Cyndee (new)

Cyndee | 6 comments I can't wait! I have to re-read hunger games so I don't mess with anyone and give anything away from catching fire! Can't wait for Mocking Jay that is coming out this year! Yippee!