Interracial and African American Paranormal discussion

Black Dagger Brotherhood > The Brothers in Real Life

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♡Meme♡Reads love♡ (last edited Mar 01, 2011 07:13PM) (new)

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 73 comments I cant believe I'm just now seeing this I do that with every book I read. As for the brothers check this out its my blog there is a video I made of my pics of the brotherhood and their shellans. please leave feed back I'd love know what you think.
http://loveisupart2.blogspot.com/sear...

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 73 comments LOL! Thats why I kept picturing this actress

And this one too

The guy I picked for V is some model, I find his name for you. ;) I think the only way we will get an I/R story from her is through Trez and Iam.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 73 comments Oh did you look at the video on my blog?

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 73 comments I agree with you Deva, Trez and Iam aren't that interesting, and I would also like to know more about the Sympaths I just didn't understand what they were and especially with Rhev having that thing on his private part.. I was like" what the heck, how in the world did she come up with that and why?"

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 73 comments I know they seem like they were just thrown in there to add more stuff to the series especially sense we didn't here from Manny till 2 books later after his first appearance. I think she should have went with Torh's story he has some deep issues and I really like him and felt bad for his loss he needs someone(NoOne) I believe is gonna be his mate. Paynes should be last as she becomes a brother I mean a sister. ;)

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 73 comments I wonder how this is gonna work for them it seems like the series is just going on too long.. Like I said in another thread I could deal with the whole thing being about Z. ;)

Charmer (+ Vibes Only) | 29 comments When I first started the books, I thought they were black. They talk just like me, my family, and friends. Then Wrath was described, as he was walkin into the club; and it was like a needle bein scratched across a record. I was like WTF. And I thought it was messed up that with all their slang and rap, that there's only 2 TOKEN brothers in the whole series.

message 9: by Nomad (new)

Nomad Over on the BDB group I've mentioned before how many times Ward's statements on how the vampires have "no race" was such a transparent cop out that I almost had to laugh till I ruptured something! Like it was so ridiculous that I had no choice but to laugh.

Case in point... they are all described as caucasion and the cover models are to a one, all caucasion as well.

So the whole no race thign just made me crawl into my corner and whimper because after the rupture inducing laughing... my brain just hurt.

I may like this series but the author sucks on diversity and even anything resembling any sort of gender equality. More's the pity. She got me into the PNR genre, but I'm starting to branch out so that I can get into a series that's strong where her's is weak. Because those weaknesses are starting to kill it for me on her work.

Charmer (+ Vibes Only) | 29 comments Yes, Nomad it is a cop out; but I wonder why? The whole no race thing urks the hell out of me.

I fell into PNR w/o meanin to. My first was Childen of the Monere "The Mona Lisa Series" by Sunny; and my mind was blown. There's no diversity in those but I didn't know anything about that at the time, and Sunny's Asian.

message 11: by Nomad (new)

Nomad I'm not really sure and I would kill to know why. It's not just racial diversity either. She is THE most sexist author I've ever read and she's a woman for crying out loud.

She's also not as great with the LBGT community as everyone thinks. She's made some rather nasty offhand comments about lesbians and bisexual women. So I guess she's only excepting of the men in that community. Why oh why am I not surprised?

I think that everything that is outside her comfort zone she most likely fears. And not to get all Yoda on everyone, but what you fear you tend to avoid and then tend to start disliking.

It bothers me when writers write a society that reflects racial statistics that haven't existed in the United States since the mid 1940's.

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 94 comments I love this! Here's my Pinboard with my picks for BDB characters. http://pinterest.com/pbdivaandrea/bla...

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 94 comments ~The Charmer~ wrote: "When I first started the books, I thought they were black. They talk just like me, my family, and friends. Then Wrath was described, as he was walkin into the club; and it was like a needle bein ..."

White guys in a small town in northern New York state. How did they get those gang vernaculars?

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 94 comments There's a series by Evangeline Anderson where the aliens are known as Kindred. She has dreatec some authentic non-white characters. Come over to the group http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7... to discuss them some more. I didn't start the group but I've invited all my friends.

Charmer (+ Vibes Only) | 29 comments Andrea wrote: "~The Charmer~ wrote: "When I first started the books, I thought they were black. They talk just like me, my family, and friends. Then Wrath was described, as he was walkin into the club; and it w..."

I know. I hope she adds some more aa characters, bc this just won't do. I need to login on the computer so I can get a better look at ur brothers. That looks good but Im limited lookin at em on my phone.

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 94 comments Someone recommended Nalini Singh because of her interracial characters. I've read some of her Psy-changling books. But I dug down in my TBR pile and found Archangel's Kiss. Whoo! I 'm loving it! Can't put it down.

message 17: by Ana-Maria (new)

Ana-Maria (leo_amabi) | 2 comments Deva wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Someone recommended Nalini Singh because of her interracial characters. I've read some of her Psy-changling books. But I dug down in my TBR pile and found Archangel's Kiss. Whoo! I '..."

Oh no, Deva! I wouldn't consider it erotic! At least, not the Psy-Changeling novels. It's definitely romance so there is lots of "sexy time" but I wouldn't call it erotic; it's definitely got the romance formula, and there's nothing "kinky". I love the Psy-Changeling series!! It was one of the first romances I've ever read. I'm only 6 books in, though, because I've been caught up in so many other reads.

message 18: by Ana-Maria (new)

Ana-Maria (leo_amabi) | 2 comments Deva wrote: "Thanks Ana ... Now I'm brave enough to take it on!"

Yes! Mission accomplished!

message 19: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 94 comments Ana-Maria wrote: "Oh no, Deva! I wouldn't consider it erotic! At least, not the Psy-Changeling novels. ..."

I think the Angel series is more erotic than the Psy-changling series.

Interracial and African American Paranormal

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Archangel's Kiss (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nalini Singh (other topics)
Evangeline Anderson (other topics)