Into the Forest discussion

Bridge of Birds (The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox, #1)
This topic is about Bridge of Birds
Previous Group Reads > Bridge of Birds-Spoiler Free

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
Comments about Bridge of Birds: A Novel of an Ancient China That Never Was that do not have spoilers are welcomed here.

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments I just picked my copy up from the library. Looks really good!

Hazel | 71 comments I just started this, Chris, and unlike Three Kingdoms, I'm immediately engaged, and smiling.

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
Hazel wrote: "I just started this, Chris, and unlike Three Kingdoms, I'm immediately engaged, and smiling."

It is funny, isn't it?

Hazel | 71 comments I've just started part II and find this very sweet. Love Li Kao. What a character.

Phil J | 31 comments It's a prime example of what fantasy novels can be when they're not trying to be Tolkien.

Monica Davis For anyone interested...

Years ago the author granted permission for his original draft to be put online for anyone interested in reading it. It is very different from the final version in that Number Ten Ox has only a small role and Master Li is a young man. I read the first 15 chapters so far, and personally, I like it more than the final version. I don't intend to continue on with the series so the original draft seemed like a more complete encompassing story to me. Here's a link to the original draft: http://www.barryhughart.org/bobdraft/...