What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Meet the Malones
This topic is about Meet the Malones
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Juvenile Series - Girl and Family [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue (suekerr) | 24 comments I'm lookin' for a juvenile fiction series revolving around a young women (high school) living with her widowed father and at least one brother. I know that midway through the series, a girl named D'arcy moves to town and is considered "fast" by the other girls, but eventually they become friends. The protagonist has a friend/boyfriend named Joe. They are married in the final books and living over her father's garage. This is not the Betsy-Tacy series.

Help?

message 2: by CLM (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

CLM | 301 comments Sounds like the Beany Malone books by Lenora Mattingly Weber (although there isn't a Joe character, she has a brother named Johnny). In Make a Wish for Me, Dulcie the flirtatious car hop with a heart of gold, first makes her appearance. Beany's father is a widower in the early books, and she and her siblings share housekeeping responsibilities.

message 3: by Deb (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb | 48 comments And living over the garage in the later books is Beany's friend Kay and husband Joe.. I think Constance is right on the money, as usual!

message 4: by Sue (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue (suekerr) | 24 comments Yes, that's it! Thank you a thousand times.