Pendergast Task Force discussion

Fever Dream

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gail (new)

Gail (wwwgoodreadscomgail303) | 9 comments My copy just arrived on the Hold shelf at my library and I have checked it out! Can't wait until I get home to begin this new adventure with Special Agent Pendergast!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 12 comments I finsihed it today if anyone wants to discuss. We could be sure to label for spoilers.

message 3: by Anna-Sofie (new)

Anna-Sofie (annafiee) I cant wait to get it home:) Denmark are not so fast with new books:)

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 16 comments Read in one day yesterday. LOVED IT!

message 5: by Anna-Sofie (new)

Anna-Sofie (annafiee) Ohh you are so lucky :) I wish it was me :)

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (mysterywriter19) | 4 comments I've also finished it and loved it (though I took my time and read in three days) Can't wait for the next one!

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 16 comments After devouring "Fever Dream" in one day, I read the authors' afternote regarding a NEW "rather uncommon" detective named Gideon Crew. That made me happy, especially when they also said they are still writing stories for Pendergast. The bad thing was that the first Gideon Crew book won't be out until Winter of 2011!

message 8: by Anna-Sofie (new)

Anna-Sofie (annafiee) Okay good they are not stopping write books about Pendergast:)

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 12 comments *Spoiler*

Do you guys really think constance threw the baby over the side of the ship? That is pretty crazy. I hope there's more to the story and Diogenes Jr. is still with us.
Also, Helen's brother, Jusdon, has a serious ass kicking coming. Pendergast style.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 16 comments Kate wrote: "*Spoiler*

Do you guys really think constance threw the baby over the side of the ship? That is pretty crazy. I hope there's more to the story and Diogenes Jr. is still with us.
Also, Hel..."

I've been agonizing over the baby, too. What is going on??????

message 11: by Anna-Sofie (new)

Anna-Sofie (annafiee) Whats happend Ohhh She goth the baby:) Cant wait to read the book:) Cant wait to get cementary dance home just ordered it totay :) I almost finish with The whell of darkness;) I have wondred why she not will talck about that clinic where she should have abortion ''or what the name is on english'' .....

message 12: by Gail (new)

Gail (wwwgoodreadscomgail303) | 9 comments Ok, finished the book and really liked all the backstory on certain characters. I think it opens many doors for more books that can go anywhere!

message 13: by Tara (new)

Tara (thehobbitgirl) | 6 comments I'm also looking forward to the new series. I can't wait to see how "interesting" he's going to be. Could he be more interesting than Pendergast? We'll just have to wait to see.

*Spoiler*

I am not sure what's going to happen with Constance. But, wow. Do you think Pendergast told the Dr. all about Constance's past? This book leaves so many open-ends for the next book and I cannot wait for it!

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashnphx) | 7 comments Just finished this. Really liked it. I wasn't sure going in because of some reviews I read but it was pretty good. Not my favorite of the series but good. I love though that in almost every book we are introduced to some event or person from history and learn at bit about them, yes there is some fictional history through in with the learning but I still love that part of the series. Waiting to read Cold Vengence until closer to Dec when the next come comes out. *Spoiler* I really wanted Pendergast to find out who was gunning for him in this book but I guess having it be a cliffhanger is good. Also I hope the psychologist will start to believe Constance. I kinda of wished we had a bit more of her story while she was on the boat. Did the baby do something that made her question it and make the choice she did? Have to say this was much better then the prior book.

message 15: by Bryan (new)

Bryan (yankeehawk) | 8 comments I really liked the story and how it put some of our fav characters into perils beyond what were use to. I am not gonna lie though, i miss some of the other stories like Riptide, Thunderhead, Mount Dragon and Still Life With Crows. I love Pendergast, but the trilogy thing is not as exciting as some of the single story ideas in my opinion.