All The Books You've Never Read discussion

Buddy Reads > **Buddy Read Rules**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 16, 2010 05:12PM) (new)

A buddy read... What is a buddy read? It is more or less reading the same amount of pages together (a small group of people) and then discussing them together. Then you continue on and discuss what is new in the book. It is so discussions can be made about the book. Talking about whatever you read so far and knowing that the other person should not be ahead of you so you can't spoil the book when you are talking about it.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have started a few buddy reads.

However, if you have a book on your shelf that you want to read and discuss with a few others, you are more then welcome to make your own buddy read.

Good Luck and Have fun!!!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) This is a good idea

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. It just seems so hard to get a book everyone likes. But I like to discuss so I think this would be a nice way to read.

If you have any ideas for books please let us know.

Or if you would like to start a buddyread have fun!

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew hi there everyone

message 6: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hi andrew

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yups, Hey!

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Ditto form me! :)

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments Hey everyone, you all probably know but the cover for Awakened is out! It's the eighth book in the House of Night series.

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I didn't even know that there was going to be an eighth installation!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! :) LOL

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Last I heard, there will be 12 books in total.

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Really? That'll be great! Elyssa and I were planning on reading the entire series through Buddy Reads all the way through. That's why we're finishing th eGemma doyle series as well. And we are going to try and finish the Maximum Ride series as well. :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry I can't follow you there(HoN), but I'll try to keep up with Maximum Ride!

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments Really? I heard 9 but I'd be really happy with 12! Sorry about posting this here. I swore I posted that on the Marked Buddy read.

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Lol, that's okay! I like t read so i can read it again :)

Gin: That's fine. I'm glad you'll be able to read the MR series with us. Are you reading The Angel Experiment with us on the 15th?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

YES! I ordered it yesterday, should arrive in about a week :)

message 17: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's great! We've got a lot of people reading it with us, looks like :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

WHoop! Yes, I pulled in another book reader!

It helps when you bait with good books. ;)

As soon as we get farther into the HON series I know if it is a good or bad thing for 12 books. Series either get better or worse. We will soon find out.

message 19: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yes, yes, we will. :D

message 20: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) anybody else wants to make another buddy read topic? i'd love to join, but I'm waiting for someone else to decide the book

message 21: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) why not making one yourself? *waggles eyebrows*

message 22: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) well, I just don't know what to read :D

message 23: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hmmm, thats tricky...

message 24: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) any ideas? :)

message 25: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Not sure.. Hmm, I really don't know. This is a very tricky one. Just pick a random off your TBR list.?

message 26: by amelia (new)

amelia (getlostinanovel) | 3 comments Hi, I'm new to this group and goodreads and would really like to do a buddy read, though I'm not 100% sure how they operate so you might have to help me! Does anyone want to do one? Maybe Divergent by Veronica Roth or a Sarah Dessen book but I'm open to any suggestions?

message 27: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I would love to do a BR with you! What books did you have in mind?

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I'm about to start divergent...

message 29: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I don't have a copy of that. When are you planning on starting it? I'm sure I can get my hands on a copy.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle prob after the fourth if july, i have it on my kindle feom the library

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I'll wait for you, just let me know.

message 32: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I looked on my library's site and put it on hold, but I have no clue when I'll get it. Apparently it's on the hold shelf now waiting for someone to come pick it up. Luckily, though, it's only that one person.

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle no prob. it'll be fun to read together. keep me posted. I'll go tomorrow and see if i can renew my copy from the library so i can wait for ya.

message 34: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I've made a little progress on the list. There are 146 patrons on the list, but the bright side is that they have 35 copies of the ebook. It'll still be a hot minute before it gets to me, though.

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I'll keep waiting

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle With a three month old, waiting is not a problem. :-)

message 37: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Alrighty :) I'll be sure to let you know when I get ahold of it. I have an actual copy on hold, too, so one of them should turn up sooner or later. Hopefully sooner :).

message 38: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hey Michelle!! Wanted to let you know that the bound copy will be in my possession tomorrow, so we can maybe start reading in August? I've got tons of books I want to finish for challenges this month. Let me know if you want to start earlier, though :)

message 39: by Michelle (new)

Michelle august sounds good

message 40: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Great! So how exactly did you want to do it? Certain chapters/pages by certain times? Or something else? Whichever way works for me.

message 41: by Michelle (new)

Michelle We could go by chapters or pages if chapters are too long

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I've never done a buddy read, so you take lead and I'll follow

message 43: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Chapters works better, I think. Especially for the beginning. Later on we might have to do pages. But maybe not.

Which do you think will work better for you -- reading so much and just talking until we both finish those chapters; or having a set day to finish?

message 44: by Michelle (last edited Aug 01, 2013 10:54AM) (new)

Michelle We can always set a day of the week to check in with a finish amount and modify as we go if needed. Life gets in the way sometimes and we can always accommodate as long as we are honest about what we can do...otherwise it becomes a chore and not fun. :) I'm totally willing to follow your suggestion. Looking forward to starting.

message 45: by Michelle (last edited Aug 01, 2013 10:49AM) (new)

Michelle Also, if you have difficulty finding a copy, Amazon is selling the kindle edition for $3.39.

message 46: by Michelle (last edited Aug 01, 2013 10:50AM) (new)

Michelle I am about to start reading Defiance by C.J. Redwine. Any takers on joining me for a Buddy Read? Also, if anybody has already read this book I'd love to hear your thoughts on it; without spoilers of course.

message 47: by Michelle (last edited Aug 01, 2013 10:53AM) (new)

Michelle I am also about to begin Reached by Ally Condie. So far I think her second book dragged on and lacked direction, but I'm hanging on to see what happens.

message 48: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah I saw the Kindle price haha. If the 8th arrives before I finish I'll just buy it.

I actually just finished Defiance last month so I wont read it with you, but I will say its ssooo good. It seemed like just another Hunger Games knock off at first but it turned out to kind of have its own little twists.

I read Crossed two years ago but I've been wanting to read Reached ever since I finished it. I loved it because it was out in the wild. It made it seem like it had a completely different approach. Which it kind of did and kind of didnt.

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Well keep me posted about the up coming reading goals and discussion. Just started reading divergent...

message 50: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Defiance sounds so good. It was on sale for a 1.99 on Amazon and couldn't resist. lol I seriously have a book addiction.

« previous 1