The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) The Name of the Wind discussion

The original hardcover

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tina Where is the original hardcover of the book? It pictures the face of a man in stone with leafs around him.
I was at Rothfuss's website and as I understand it that is the original cover from the US, (and the one I have ordered) but I don't see it here?
I don't know how to put it in here, or if that's even possible?

Tina Anyone atleast heard/know of it?

message 3: by Dazara (new)

Dazara I know what you are talking about. I have seen it around, just not on this website. I think you are right though, it was the original cover. You can find it on amazon. I, like many other late in the game fanboys, only heard of the book after the paperback was out...so Im on the hunt for the hardcover as well

message 4: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Amazon does not have that cover design any longer, I am looking for it too.

message 5: by D.G. (last edited Mar 31, 2011 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

D.G. Well, if you know where to find the hardback with the guy in the hood, let me know. I'm looking for it as well. :)

Katie Williams You can get the original hardcover (man in stone blowing leaves) on ebay. That's the first edition, so that one is no longer in print.

Pedro Barnes and Noble has it on their website. Link is below.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-...

message 8: by D.G. (last edited Apr 04, 2011 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

D.G. Oh I didn't know that was the original first edition! I thought the cover would be this one:
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

I want a hardback with that cover because you can see the design goes with the second book:
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss

Tindle I read an older library edition that had this cover:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V73c9Avfduk...

Michael T D.G. ~Black Magic Woman~ wrote: "Oh I didn't know that was the original first edition! I thought the cover would be this one:
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

I want a hardback with that cover because you can see the desig..."

Ya that is the good hardcover.

I'm going to wait for the paperback for the second as I have the first signed in softcover