This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
..Arrogant Young Joe-Indie-Rockers

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) All right, so I walk in to a record shop last year looking for the latest radiohead record and this wanker that works there looks at me as if i live in an outhouse... asks me 'where have i been' ... should've told the smarmy little cu-- that I had first seen them when he was still galavanting around in diapers... little twirp... HATE arrogant little records shop clerks...

message 2: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Yeah, but you were wearing a Huey Lewis & The News t-shirt at the time...

message 3: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) how did you know????

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I can tell these things.

message 5: by Vikatolia (new)

Vikatolia Puni i love radiohead!!!!!

message 6: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) sarah, you may be on to something...

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa A kid like that deserves a smack-down from an arrogant old indie-rocker like me. But at least you can revel in the fact that his band sucks, because all his influences must have shown up on the scene last week and are already sounding tired and played out.

Sheesh, some people's kids.

message 8: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Absolutely I'd be the record shop guy, but I'd never give a customer crap for wanting the new Radiohead album. I celebrate good taste.

Now, if you come in asking for the new Avenged Sevenfold album, your scrawny little emo ass will really have a reason to cry and cut yourself, once I've insulted you long and hard enough.

message 9: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) I tried to regulate the attitude at the indie store I ran by hiring music nerds instead of music snobs.

Having a bunch of people that alternately air guitar to Judas Priest (and just about pee when Rob Halford walks in) and then dance around to Duran Duran reduced the "hipper than thou" factor.

Also, smacking the back of their heads and saying, "Just because you work here it doesn't make you cool" helped a bit.

message 10: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) now there's a novel idea to get keep employees in line

Jackie "the Librarian" That's the great thing about working at the library. Everyone already knows they are nerds. No head-smacking necessary.

Except for King Dinosaur, of course, who is coolness personified.

Err, dinosaurified...

message 12: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Luckily we were all friendly with each other or else lawsuits probably would have happened.

She...BEAT me (sob, sniffle)

Just a love tap, the only person I ever hit with force is Steve Mort.

message 13: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Jackie, I think people who work at libraries are the ultimate in cool.

I love the reference desk staff at my college library; they are fanatical about books, reading and learning and have helped me find some pretty obscure stuff.

message 14: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jun 12, 2008 03:15PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" Yeah, but see, Tesse, you are in the same realm as library staff, a book loving reader who hangs around libraries.
The outside world doesn't see us in quite the same way...

[image error] (

Jackie "the Librarian" I totally loved working the reference desk at the public library when I was earning my educational media degree. So much variety!

No kidding, Sarah! I don't know why there hasn't been a TV show set in a library. It would be a natural.

Oh, I know why. TV people think of libraries and librarians like the above image. Dusty, quiet tombs for books, helmed by old biddies.

message 16: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) My reference desk guru has hair down to his butt, smokes American Spirits, sepcializes in indigenous folklore & mythology, speaks Japanese, loves micro brew and just got his PhD in American Studies.

How's that for a character in a TV show?

message 17: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Sarah, that is awesome!

Thank you.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.