Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > I met Charlaine!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 162 comments Hello everyone! I just wanted to share that I got the chance to meet Charlaine Harris at a book signing in Seattle last night. She was hilarious, down to earth and very cool! I wish I could have taken some pictures but I forgot my camera (typical me!). She had some pretty funny stories and answered questions from the audience. She mentioned the short story coming out in the anthology in August is a "Pam and Sookie road trip". And that next February they are releasing a Sookie companion guide that will have a novella including the return of Quinn, a map of Bon Temps (drawn by Charlaine) and some Sookie-Universe related recipes (Chocolate Cake will be included!)
She also mentioned in response to the "how many more books are you going to write" that she's under contract for 13 but will reevaluate within the next year if she needs to stretch that to finish her story, though she's a fierce believer in not just keeping something going past the point where the writing and story suffer. She's working on Book 11 now!

message 2: by Laura Beth (new)

Laura Beth (tampabookworm) what an awesome experience!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) The chocolate cake recipe, I'm guessing here now, would have to be Vampire Bill's great-granddaughter's, that the entire town loved so dearly that when she died she asked to have the recipe published in the town newspaper.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments Wow...I would love to meet some of my favorite authors, including Charlaine.

message 5: by ~Vixhen~ (new)

~Vixhen~ (vixhen) | 24 comments How cool for you!

chucklesthescot Wicked! GREAT news about the extra books as well!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't read any of her books but I would love a chance at meeting any of my authors. I'm VERY jealous. I don't know why none of them come to California :-(

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) Exciting news about upcoming books! And hopefully it's Caroline's chocolate cake recipe. A Pam/Sookie road trip? How hilarious! Can't wait!

message 9: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1 comments It's so good to hear the Charlaine is so cool and down to earth. It makes me enjoy her books even more.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Harris | 77 comments Okay, I can't WAIT for the Pam and Sookie road trip. That is going to be great.

message 11: by Alice (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 131 comments Ashley wrote: "Hello everyone! I just wanted to share that I got the chance to meet Charlaine Harris at a book signing in Seattle last night. She was hilarious, down to earth and very cool! I wish I could have ta..."

How frickin' awesome is that!? I'm in deep envy!

message 12: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments QUINN!!! You have made my day, I love him. My friends make fun of me, but I just can't help it. Love that tiger! YUMMY!!

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan | 198 comments Charlaine is coming to Iowa June 18th, and I can't wait!!! I've never got to meet an author I love so much and am so excited. I'm glad you had such a good experience and I hope for the same. Last fall I wanted to go see Diana Gabaldon outside of Chicago, but my husband and daughter both got sick and I couldn't go. I might get over it......eventually, lol. Right now I'm debating wether to just wear normal clothes, or wear a shirt with something to the effect of "Eric's willing blood donor." lol

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 48 comments SHe is really nice - I have met her at Malice a couple times.

I love the idea of Pam and Sookie's road trip

message 15: by Abrown (new)

Abrown Brown (airportgirl1) | 50 comments For all of you in California,the RTBooklovers Convention(Romantic Times Magazine) will be in Los Angeles in April 2011. Charlaine Harris is usually an attendee at this (as well as approx 250 other published authors) The 2010 Convention was held in Columbus Ohio and Charlaine Harris, MaryJanice Davidson, JR Ward, Jessica Andersen, Jim Butcher, and many others were there. You might want to check out their website as they are already giving info re the 2011 convention.