Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Supernatural season 5

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments I am a huge fan of Supernatural. I watched all four seasons in like two months or less. However, I have been a tad disappointed in this season. Or at least the last few episodes. It seems like everything has happened with little to no detail. I mean they defeated Disease in like what 10 minutes? Death in 5? What happened to the kick ass Dean and Sam that got it done with dirty hands and a great attitude?

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I am actually glad this season is done tonight. I am really tired of this storyline. I am looking forward to next season though, since there will be a new storyline arc.

message 3: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Is there defiantly a new season? I know it was debatable. And if there is it will be the last season, I am fairly sure. So, from the looks of tonight (so far) the last season will still be the same general storyline. Just getting Sam back. I loved the Apocalypse arc, very inventive, but it was too rushed and not near full enough.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I heard that they will have one more season. I just liked the older seasons better. I just got tired of the the last 2 seasons of the same Lucifer storyline....I liked most of it, but the last half of this season I haven't been into as much.

I love watching the older episodes on TNT during the day though!

message 5: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments I completely agree. The pervious 4 were excellent. The beginning of season 5 wasn't bad. The finale wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

For sure a season 6 after that ending LOL

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I found this on Wikipedia:

The fifth season began airing on September 10, 2009.[2:] Featuring 22 episodes, it will conclude the series' main storyline.[3:] However, the CW officially renewed the show for a sixth season on February 16, 2010.[4:]

Season Six
The sixth season of Supernatural has been officially confirmed by the CW network.[113:] Creator Eric Kripke originally planned for the show to only last five seasons, but due to increased ratings from the fourth and fifth seasons, there has been talk of the show returning for more. Eric Kripke has confirmed that he will not be returning as showrunner for Season 6, however, he will still remain as a hands-on executive producer, leaving Executive Producer Sera Gamble to take over the reins.[114:] Both Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have six year contracts, so as the network has chosen to continue the show, they will return for at least one more season. Padalecki stated that if the show is no longer compelling after a possible sixth season, that he will not return for more. Sera Gamble, who will take over the showrunner position, had said that the sixth and possible final season of the show will focus on the brothers' relationship.[1

message 7: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments I found it too. Can't remember where now, but I don't really trust Wiki so I am glad I found it elsewhere. They are hoping to return it to its original point. The brother's relationships and just the good ole monsters! I'm so excited!

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I'll look somewhere else for it. I agree you can't always trust Wiki

message 9: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments The UK is behind on this season and I'm even further. I need to catch up.

Don't tell me what happens but all I can say is I love Castiel!!!! Almost as much as Dean!

message 10: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Rush (jaime_rush) | 122 comments I agree, too, that this season hasn't been as compelling to me personally. The brothers' relationship is fractured, the whole God has left the building and evil archangels doesn't jive with my spirituality (not religion, just to be clear). And it's definitely dragged out too long. But I still watch every week :)

I love Cass, too, and hope he'll continue on even after the arc has been finished. They could do a lot with him!

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments So last night was the season finale? I thought there was one more.

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 43 comments I love Supernatural and never want it to end!!!

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments Yeah, last night was the season finale. It was good, and had good closure. I just haven't been happy with the season as a whole. I hope next season is more like the first couple years....

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I just watched the season finale last night and in a way I'm glad it's over. This past season has been really emotional and I miss the way the relationship between use to be between the brothers. Yes I know that it can't always been the same from season to season but their relationship is what made the show.

I'm really glad that they decided to do another season because I would not have been happy if they left it at what happened. It wouldn't have been right to all those who have been there since the start of everything.

message 15: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Stephanie wrote: "I just watched the season finale last night and in a way I'm glad it's over. This past season has been really emotional and I miss the way the relationship between use to be between the brothers. ..."

::Nodding head as reading: I completely agree

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I just watched the season finale last night and in a way I'm glad it's over. This past season has been really emotional and I miss the way the relationship between use to be betw..."

Hehe, well I'm glad you understood what I wrote because I just reread it and I should have checked the grammer before I made the post. That show just gets to me!