You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

General. > Group Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) | 295 comments Mod
What do you think will spice things up in this group?(i.e. book club??) Share your opinions with us:D

message 2: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Boy I don't know how about letting us express our opinion without you deleting them. Or maybe actually being well I don't know pleasant.

message 3: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments If I am having a problem I have the right to voice it.

message 4: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS BRINGING HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you deleted the whole section that we were commenting on!

message 5: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS BRINGING HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you deleted the whole section that we were commenting on!"

And... here's another one! Please, this is suggestions not let's rant about random stuff.

message 6: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS BRINGING HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you deleted the whole section that we were commenting on!"

I bring it up because you don't see how the conversation was off topic!

message 7: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments No it is not I am making a group sugestion that our leaders comment more.

message 8: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Almost to 80!!!!!!!!

message 9: by ♥Jenny♥, Those who give happiness, deserve happiness. (new)

♥Jenny♥ | 138 comments Mod
Good leaders don't have to comment. They just have to keep the group in order. Why is this so important to you? I think that making the leaders comment more just because is pointless.

message 10: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments I am sorry I grow up in a restaurant and good bosses work along with the staff but we can't do things that you can like delete discussions i think you should make someone else a mod that will comment all the time (with all sincerity i only want this group to succeed) Lets set up an election.

1) let people nominate others
2) set up a poll for 2 weeks and whoever wins gets to be the mod but in order to be kept in office they must oblige by some rules and must be "the comment manager" so you guys don't have to comment all the time. :) I think it will work!

message 11: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments I think it will work.

message 12: by ♥Jenny♥, Those who give happiness, deserve happiness. (new)

...That's up to Flapjack. Honestly, I don't care. I comment when I want to comment.

I am sorry I grow up in a restaurant and good bosses work along with the staff but we can't do things that you can like delete discussions

Who cares about that? This isn't a business, it's a group on Goodreads. If people join, they join. If they leave, they leave. "Work along the staff" Okay? If you want to comment, comment. If you want more people to talk, invite someone who will (Not Nathan, he's disrespectful).

(with all sincerity i only want this group to succeed)

?? And what would be a failing group? Maybe one that has no members, but we have plenty. When the mods aren't commenting, someone else surely is. Whether it be with a valid on-task argument, or with a "XD" So this whole thing is pointless. Good moderators don't have to comment.

message 13: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "...That's up to Flapjack. Honestly, I don't care. I comment when I want to comment.

I am sorry I grow up in a restaurant and good bosses work along with the staff but we can't do things that you ..."

It was only a metaphor I was comparing you to an absent owner. You have no idea what disrespect is if you think he is that bad (Xox is disrespectful) THIS IS NOT A NATHAN COMMENT!!!!

I am just saying commenting helps the groups even if it is silly.

message 14: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "I am sorry I grow up in a restaurant and good bosses work along with the staff but we can't do things that you can like delete discussions i think you should make someone else a mod that will comme..."

Yeah, but the thing is all the mods right know, we know each other. But I'll talk it over with all the mods and we'll see.

message 15: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments I know that is fine but one mod specifically for commenting and being an addicted loser. :)

message 16: by ♥Jenny♥, Those who give happiness, deserve happiness. (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "♥Jenny♥ wrote: "...That's up to Flapjack. Honestly, I don't care. I comment when I want to comment.

I am sorry I grow up in a restaurant and good bosses work along with the staff but we can't do ..."

Have you seen what Nathan has said to me on that group? I've seen what Xox says. All he says is that Christian's are evil. That's it. It's disrespectful, but Nathan has been much worse to me. So has Davis. But that's a whole other story.

message 17: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "♥Jenny♥ wrote: "...That's up to Flapjack. Honestly, I don't care. I comment when I want to comment.

I am sorry I grow up in a restaurant and good bosses work along with the st..."

E it isn't the insults its the hatred that gets me.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "I've seen what Xox says. All he says is that Christian's are evil. That's it. It's disrespectful, but Nathan has been much worse to me. So has Davis."

Not to mention that they call pro-life people rapists, which is what really got to me. I don't care if someone calls me an idiot, or stupid, or if they swear at me. Saying what Xox says is going too far.

Where did all the old comments go? I was curious to see what I had missed while I was at my brother's concert. Oh well...

message 19: by Girl4beluga (last edited May 13, 2010 07:09PM) (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments She deleted it because we got of topic :(

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments And the other discussions are on-topic?

message 21: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Shhhhhh I don't want them deleted too! But we are getting back on topic though.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Ha ha, what a silly question! Of course they're on topic. ;)

Group suggestion: We should have an archive folder! Next time a mod wants to delete a topic, could they just close the topic from more comments and move it to the archive. That way, whatever conversation the mods want to stop/if any of the topics die, the comments made by group members won't be lost. :D

message 23: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Yes!!!! I was so upset when i lost 50 comments.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments That must stink! :( I probably only lost around 10 or so.

message 25: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Ugh.....(this is just trying to get comments) :))

message 26: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments My 1,000 comment! Cheers to 1,000 happy (well mostly) comments. And to 1,000 more!!! :))))

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Yay, congradulations! :D I'm only almost to 250. XD

message 28: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Wooho!!

message 29: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments We have reached a mile stone. 100 members. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 30: by Girl4beluga (last edited May 24, 2010 04:30PM) (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments hey can one of the mods make a science folder and move some topics. We can't do that. Thank You!!! :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments What do you suggest about these titles? :)

message 33: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Whoa, The World Changes book only has one rating, by you! :O

message 34: by Regan (new)

Regan Fairley (reganf) | 26 comments Homeschooling debate topic!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Feel free to make one, Regan! :D

message 36: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments hey can a mod please make a science folder????

message 37: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments I will be going to Cali today for a week. I am pretty sure I will have Wifi but it might take me a bit longer to get on. I haven't left I am just dealing with me cousins....UGH!!!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Awwwwww! We'll miss you! Have tons of fun in Cali, though! :D

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments I believe non-mods can add topics. Just post the topic and let the debate begin! :D

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments I would say under "Today's Issues". :D

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments It could fit under either, really.

message 42: by Gary (new)

Gary How about a folder for politics.

message 43: by Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten (last edited Sep 11, 2010 02:05PM) (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Can we PLEASE have a rule about swearing? Cause my mom is about to make me leave a debate JUST because someone(Nathan) keeps swearing at me. I don't want to have to stop debating, so can we have a rule about not swearing at other members? I don't care if they swear at the ideas(but that goes against group rule number one) but swearing excessively at other group members, is rediculous.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Oh, you banned Nathan. thanks! But I still think it would be a smart rule

message 45: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

We actually do have a rule, just that most people don't follow:[

message 46: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments no swearing isn't under the rules list unless you put it in with be respectful

*Mrs. Brightside* True..ahh, I figured Nathan was banned. But uhhh...Abstinence?? Ugh, I really don't know /: age to drive...yeah, whatever.

message 48: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Lynx wrote: "Can we PLEASE have a rule about swearing? Cause my mom is about to make me leave a debate JUST because someone(Nathan) keeps swearing at me. I don't want to have to stop debating, so can we have a ..."

That would be taking away our right to free speech. Plus they're just words.

message 49: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments dont start an argument about it in this topic keep it in the other one please about swearing.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Air wrote: "Lynx wrote: "Can we PLEASE have a rule about swearing? Cause my mom is about to make me leave a debate JUST because someone(Nathan) keeps swearing at me. I don't want to have to stop debating, so c..."

I know that. Thats why I asked that at the least they use it in moderation. I just think it's pathetic to have someone swear at you in every post. I wasn't asking it be banned completely, but just that if people are going to swear at people, they don't do it all that much.

And Cody, I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just defending my side for this post, I knew someone would mention that same thing Air said.

« previous 1