Thoughts on the World discussion

Global and National > Nuclear Power

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan, Life consists of circles (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 95 comments Mod
What do you think about it? What do you think could be done better? I think that it's great.......... ecept for the fatal radiation and the fact that they put all the leftover radioactive waste in Utah. They just dump it there. That's not solving anything, it's creating more problems!

message 2: by Morgan, Life consists of circles (new)

It doesn't pollute as much as fossil fules....... I think that's just about it.

message 3: by Morgan, Life consists of circles (new)

I was being sarcastic when I said I thought it was great. I really don't. Hydrogen cars are an awsome idea!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I say oil burning cars. So many French Fries...so many left over oil...

message 5: by Morgan, Life consists of circles (new)

Lol, I like that idea!

message 6: by Allie (new)

Allie | 15 comments Nuclear power is actually an excellent idea and perfectly safe. France has been using it for years. Chyrnoble is an anomoly- the Soviets did not properly maintain the facility.

Plus, every time you turn on your computer, remember that the energy coming in through the wires comes from coal-driven power plants. Now think of all the people- especially in recent years- who have died in coal mine collapses. It really makes you think. No one has a problem with using coal fueled power on an ethical standpoint when in reality, in most of our lifetimes it has actually killed more people than nuclear power.

Hydrogen fuel cells are currently used in Iceland. I'm actually leaving tomorrow to go study alternative energy in Iceland for 6 weeks. The thing is, Iceland has fully harnessed geothermal energy which makes hydrogen power possible. It takes quite a bit of energy to produce the hydrogen so that's part of the reason why it has not been possible for the United States or Europe. Now, nuclear power might help to make hydrogen power within reach but I really am not sure.