You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Today's Issues > Adoption

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments i might want to adopt a kid when i'm older, but they've got to be at least 12.

message 2: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I hope to adopt when I get older.

But I don't want to adopt a baby.

I love babies but there are so many kids who get adopted becasue they aren't babys

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments I'd like to adopt too. I'm not sure what age, though. :)

message 4: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) | 295 comments Mod
Okay so what do you guys think the kids that are in adoption feel like? Do you think they're treated well or that they're mistreated?

message 5: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Boy thanks for your debate!

message 6: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "Boy thanks for your debate!"

And... What's that supposed to mean heh? Well thank you for your great comment that HAS NOTHING TO DO ABOUT ABORTION. Now I see how you got a lot of comments.

message 7: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments What, you know so what if I make a few random comments. We are talking and waiting for people with different views to respond. We are friends we like to talk and being active on the group puts us at the top of the list when searching for groups which means more people joining which means more comments. So what most of us make random ones who cares at least i comment everyday. stop acting like you are the boss and the are you employees you are just like us. This whole fight is stupid I made a suggestion to get different opinions and you turn around and get pissed at me.

message 8: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "What, you know so what if I make a few random comments. We are talking and waiting for people with different views to respond. We are friends we like to talk and being active on the group puts us a..."

How do you know I'm pissed at you? I'm not about to get pissed because of you. Oh nooo honey, nah nah.

message 9: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments I hate when people call me honey but you sure seem like it. Why did you delete the discussion people had loads of comments there.

message 10: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments my family is going to adopt a baby. i really don't want my mom to adopt, but her buisness. besides, i'm not even home often.

message 11: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments where are you then?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments ʞɔɐɾdɐןɟ!™ wrote: "Okay so what do you guys think the kids that are in adoption feel like? Do you think they're treated well or that they're mistreated?"

It depends on the family. The adopted kids I know all have great families, so they don't have many problems, but I've heard horror stories of other homes. Most of those stories come from foster homes, though, not from families that actually adopted the kid.

message 13: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "where are you then?"

well i'm homeschooled right now, so i go to the library often. i also learn a lot of things. i get special tutoring for math and i attend special science classes. but i'm going to school soon so it won't be to bad.

message 14: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Okay....

message 15: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments i'm going to go to high school, so if my mom got a tiny baby, she won't remember me. i'm planning to go to europe for college.

message 16: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments k

message 17: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments you get what i'm talking about?

message 18: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments yeah to an extend. I am the middle child i get it!

message 19: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments i just don't like babies. period.

message 20: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments my friend is prego.

message 21: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments pregnant?! how OLD is she?

message 22: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments um........19

message 23: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments she's still a teenager.

message 24: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments she has her GED and is a manager...........idk how i feel.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Wow, I hope everything turns out okay for her.

A girl I used to be friends with had a baby in between her sophmore and junior years in high school.

message 26: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments What!!! why do people marry so darn early? i mean, what's the hurry?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Not everyone who has a baby this early is married. Acutally, I'm pretty sure that you can't be married until you're 18.

message 28: by Daisy (new)

Daisy It depends on where you are in some places after your 16 with parental permission you can get married.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Either way, I'm pretty sure most teen parents aren't married.

message 30: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 109 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Not everyone who has a baby this early is married. Acutally, I'm pretty sure that you can't be married until you're 18."

You can get married before you are 18 with the permission of your legal guardian (supposedly your parents).

message 31: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 329 comments that's how i know it.

message 32: by Clarence :P (new)

Clarence :P I want to have a natural child and also adopt. It's so good. =)
I might adopt two kids though... one older (below 12 though) and one toddler age, they're easier to connect with that way. And both girls. And from a European country. I don't know, but if I was to be adopted (if I was up for adoption) I htink I would want to look like the family that adopted me at least a little bit, I would feel more like a part of them. That's my mentality anways.

message 33: by Regan (new)

Regan Fairley (reganf) | 26 comments Clair wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "where are you then?"

well i'm homeschooled right now, so i go to the library often. i also learn a lot of things. i get special tutoring for math and i attend special science..."

Homeschooled too!!!!

message 34: by Lindsay (last edited Jun 03, 2010 09:06AM) (new)

Lindsay My two of my aunts were adopted and two of my cousins were too. And my best friend growing up was adopted from Korea. We're not friends anymore... Anyway, it would definitely be harder to adopt a kid who's 12, because they won't open up to you immediately, plus they'll probably still be missing their parents and won't want you trying to take their place (that is if their parents died suddenly). I know I would. But still, it's good to adopt all ages. If I were to adopt, though, I would adopt a baby because I'd want to raise it from a little baby and watch it grow and not miss any of those memories. :) I probably would have a few natural kids and maybe adopt one child. I did in this lifeline we had to come up with in school!

message 35: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Yeah but taht's what most people say: they want to adopt a baby and have a few kids of their own. I have nothing against that but I feel bad for the kids who will be stuck in the foster system for years and years until they're eighteen.

message 36: by Clarence :P (new)

Clarence :P I think that if you adopt a 12+ year old, it would maybe be easier to connet with them.

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writers_soul) I want to adopt all my kids I don't see the point of having kids when they're are so may that don't have homes.

message 38: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments because they are not a part of you

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writers_soul) Girl4beluga wrote: "because they are not a part of you"

It wouldn't matter to me. They would always be mine even if they werne't biologically mine. Thats probably have step-parents feel.

message 40: by Aquanetta (new)

Aquanetta (frightening) | 31 comments Maybe. But that's for the PARENT. What about their already exhisting kids? (Of course of they didn't have any that would be a totally different case) Kids have a harder time adjusting to a baby then the parents do. Look at me for an example. I've got an older brother and he's a very nice gentleman. I've got a baby "sister" that doesn't share blood with me. My brother says we should treat the baby as one of the familiy and I do, but we are both always aware of the fact that the baby's mom was an irresponsible twit and that Kate isn't really our sister.

message 41: by Gary (new)

Gary Aquanetta wrote: "Maybe. But that's for the PARENT. What about their already exhisting kids? (Of course of they didn't have any that would be a totally different case) Kids have a harder time adjusting to a baby the..."

Wow, that last sentence sounds almost hateful or at the very least spiteful. You, your brother, your parents, you are the people she will look to as if you were her real family as she grows up, the people she will give her unconditional love to, yet already you reject her? She is a baby who's experience in life will be shaped in no small part by you and your family, why does it matter that it was somebody other than your mother who did the giving birth?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Aquanetta wrote: "Maybe. But that's for the PARENT. What about their already exhisting kids? (Of course of they didn't have any that would be a totally different case) Kids have a harder time adjusting to a baby the..."

back to the abortion topic. so you think kate's mom should have had an abortion with her?

message 43: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments she isn't saying that

*Mrs. Brightside* Uhh...I don't want to adopt unless I know I can't have a child.

message 45: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments My cousin was adopted, my aunt adopted her from a 13 year old mother.

*Mrs. Brightside* Woah!!

message 47: by Unidragonfrag (new)

Unidragonfrag There are so many older kids bouncing around our system that I'd love to do something for them. So many just want babies... are the older ones not worthy of a stable, loving home?
I always thought it'd be cool to adopt kids in high school and help them with school and college and getting a job and whatever else they need, while making sure they get good meals and get to live in a nice house with good people. I dunno. So many people just totally over look them.

I really am disappointed that Americans would prefer kids from overseas than those from their own country. Why can't we help ourselves first? :/