Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

Games! > TPBM

Comments (showing 6,501-6,550 of 8,545) (8545 new)    post a comment »

message 6501: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I won't be eating sushi or veggie rolls tonight. For my midnight snack...I haven't figured it out yet.

TPBM considers food and beverages to be his or her vice.

message 6502: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments LOL! I keep a stash, and so don't need to say it. Lately I've discovered I like to have organic dark cooking chocolate with small pieces of candied Australian ginger.

TPBM is using a pen on paper to write in their journal tonight.

message 6503: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Not always, but often and perhaps even usually.

TPBM has several letters they would like to write in the next day or two.

message 6504: by Guy (last edited Sep 30, 2015 10:46PM) (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Nope, but maybe soon that could happen, but I hope not.

TPBM just put in an order for some more books. [Good night Al. Good luck with the headache and the chocolate cravings. Good night, Garrison.]

message 6505: by Marie (new)

Marie (naturechild02) | 652 comments I just added books to my Amazon wishlist, bought a few off of it, and got some new graphic novels the other day. I need to lay off purchases for a while.

TPBM has developed a vampire sleep schedule.

message 6506: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Lol! Nope, not yet.

TPBM likes blueberries with their breakfast, whether in cereal, muffins, yoghurt or smoothies.

message 6507: by Lee (new)

Lee (Lee-lette) | 1806 comments Not really.

TPBM is writing?

message 6508: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Nope. But I slightly undercooked the pumpkin bread I made on Sunday, but it was just cooked enough to be edible.

TPBM had a great walk this beautiful fall morning.

message 6509: by Angie (new)

Angie Pangan | 4789 comments I walked and it was morning. But it was 95 degrees and sunny so I don't think it counts as fall just yet.

TPBM hates having to talk in an accent because they can't shake it off for hours.

message 6510: by Deepak (new)

Deepak (deepakcharles) | 277 comments Sadly no. I had class at 8. Which went wonderfully. Prof cancelled class after the tangents got too overwhelming. As a whole, the train of thought of the class was amazing.

TPBM wants a nice, warm, sunny day.

message 6511: by Deepak (new)

Deepak (deepakcharles) | 277 comments Dang it. Sorry Angie!

I've got a weird accent as such (my American friends call it a mix of British, Indian and American). So the other accents that I mimic or take on don't last long.

TPBM keeps forgetting to check if someone else has posted before posting a comment on the TPBM thread.

message 6512: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Lol! Not as often as I used to do. :-)

TPBM has become relatively calm listening to 'pleasant' on-hold music, regardless the real pleasantness.

message 6513: by Deepak (new)

Deepak (deepakcharles) | 277 comments Some of the on-hold music has been truly pleasant. So I have to say that I have become calm. But usually, I get off the phone.

TPBM can't wait for the weekend.

message 6514: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Every day is like the weekend for me because I don't have work or school to go to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging. Hehe!

TPBM gets hungry for salmon fillets whenever hearing about a person named Sam.

message 6515: by CJ, For Narnia and for ASLAN (new)

CJ Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 3404 comments Mod
No I can't say I have.

TPBM's diet has worked out pretty well (so far).

message 6516: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I'm on a see-food diet. Whatever I see, I eat. And so far I have no complaints. :)

TPBM likes to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with three pieces of toast instead of just two.

message 6517: by CJ, For Narnia and for ASLAN (last edited Oct 01, 2015 09:46PM) (new)

CJ Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 3404 comments Mod
Not usually but I have done that with ham and cheese sandwiches before. Tomato and some mayo too. Yum!

TPBM thinks bacon is overrated.

message 6518: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Blasphemy! Bacon is awesome! I always get it with my double meat ham and turkey sandwich at Subway. :)

TPBM believes that if people are allowed to wear cowboy hats and boots in public, then he or she ought to be able to dress like a Viking or a samurai.

message 6519: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Yes,but of course you are applying logic to a social more that doesn't care one iota what the head thinks.

TPBM is often puzzled by what is and is not considered socially acceptible behaviour.

message 6520: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I get told how socially awkward I am all the time and I can never figure out why. Oh well.

TPBM sees Christmas as a positive holiday instead of a reason to be overly stressed-out.

message 6521: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I feel much better after having a bowl of Quaker Oat Squares. I love a good bowl of cereal every now and then. :)

TPBM will only write poetry that is emotionally significant to him or her.

message 6522: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Not always. And sometimes the significance isn't present until much later then while it was being write.

TPBM thinks too much humour is genererally and in the long run more important in life than too much seriousness.

message 6523: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I don't think there is such a thing as too much humor. Laughter is the best medicine, after all. :)

TPBM would never want to work in a call center.

message 6524: by Angie (new)

Angie Pangan | 4789 comments Absolutely not! I wouldn't be able to stand it.

TPBM has a profound respect for the patience of people who work in customer service.

message 6525: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I have so much respect for them that I always make it a point to be positive and polite when approaching them with a problem. Then again, being positive and polite is good for any situation, really. :)

TPBM actually knows what a "suplex" is.

message 6526: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I wouldn't know anything about that, because I'm currently single. If I had an imaginary friend, then it might be a different story. Or I could ask my cat Smokey for advice. Hehe!

TPBM had a wonderful 2015.

message 6527: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Maybe not writing, but I edited a short story that used to be called Ascension. I also read 30 pages of Silence of the Lambs, read 30 pages of The Girlfriend Wager, and drew a picture of Karlos Frostbite from my short story Acid O'clock. It's been a creative night to say the least. :)

TPBM has read or watched "Silence of the Lambs" and was deeply disturbed afterwards.

message 6528: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Almost, but not completely. Maybe after the first few pages, I'll start to feel better.

TPBM hasn’t been to the Photos thread in a while, but would like to go check it out.

message 6529: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I don't actually have any uploaded videos on You Tube anymore, so no. I used to have videos heavy metal songs and artwork, but the negativity of You Tube became too much for me, so I took them down. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

TPBM believes there’s nothing wrong with selling his or her soul as long as it’s to something that person believes deeply in.

message 6530: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments My muse is crazy 24/7, so that ship sailed a long time ago. Hehe!

TPBM jokingly calls Valentine’s Day "Singles Awareness Day", which coincidentally enough has the acronym SAD.

message 6531: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Nope, but they are thinking that which makes them manifest has lost his marbles.

TPBM is starting something new and a little intimidating tomorrow.

message 6532: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments LOL! Nope. The key word is 'never'. If you want to do something dare God that you will never do it.

TPBM wonders if anyone else will use s/he when referring to TPBM.

message 6533: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I'm riding the fence on that one. I used "they" a lot during high school, but started using "he or she" around my late 20's.

TPBM groans at the punch line of vacationing in Turkey (the country) for Thanksgiving.

message 6534: by Angie (new)

Angie Pangan | 4789 comments I've heard worse Turkey/Thanksgiving puns than that, so no.

TPBM laughed hysterically during the Doctor Who episode when alien tourists were taught that humans invade the country of Turkey for Christmas and then eat them.

message 6535: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I don't watch Dr. Who, so I wouldn't have remembered that episode. Sounds silly as hell, though. Hehe!

TPBM looks forward to Easter every year because that’s when grocery stores put out Reese’s Peanut Butter Rabbits and Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.

message 6536: by Angie (new)

Angie Pangan | 4789 comments Yes, but any time of the year is good for Reese's!

TPBM actually highlights when they read ebooks.

message 6537: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I wish I knew how to do that with Adobe Acrobat Reader. My e-books are in PDF format.

TPBM doesn’t make New Years resolutions because he or she can never keep them.

message 6538: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Aww! That would be so cute! But if I got a rat, I'd have to keep it away from the cats and dogs.

TPBM wants to spend Halloween in New Orleans.

message 6539: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments Hadn't thought of it, but that does sound like fun.

TPBM likes the idea of a pet right, but thinks that some kind of reptile may be a better choice.

message 6540: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Reptiles make better sci-fi/fantasy monsters than they do pets. I'll pass.

TPBM wonders why Halestorm lead singer Lzzy Hale spells her first name without an I.

message 6541: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 10969 comments I have no idea who Halestorm is, and I do not think reptiles are creepy.

TPBM enjoys atypical grilled cheese sandwiches.

message 6542: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments If by atypical, you mean buffalo wing-flavored cheese quesadias, then yes, I love them a lot. Damn it, now I need a midnight snack.

TPBM celebrates St. Patrick’s Day by having potatoes and corn beef for dinner that night.

message 6543: by Adrian (new)

Adrian (ace-geek) I mostly drink beer that's been dyed green, I don't really like corned beef.

TPBM has spent other holidays in a similar way, maybe with different color dye.

message 6544: by Deepak (new)

Deepak (deepakcharles) | 277 comments Not really. I don't celebrate holidays that much. Although, there is the festival of colours in India which you celebrate literally with dyes.

TPBM is an absent minded person. (I forgot what I was going say.)

message 6545: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments Only when I have a schizophrenic attack. Other than that, I'm pretty sound of mind.

TPBM cannot stand people who have no respect for his or her personal space.

message 6546: by Deepak (new)

Deepak (deepakcharles) | 277 comments Yep. So much. My friends annoy me a lot because of this.

TPBM knows Latin.

message 6547: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments That would be a nice skill to have, especially since I plan on publishing a poetry book called "Necrograph", which is a Greek word meaning "Death Writing".

TPBM has a large Christmas list, but only to make him or herself easy to shop for, not because he or she expects everything on that list.

message 6548: by Deepak (new)

Deepak (deepakcharles) | 277 comments Up until now, I would have said yes. And knowing me, it's still going to be yes. Too tired and lazy after chores.

TPBM thinks that "Semper scribentis" is a good motto for writers.

message 6549: by Angie (new)

Angie Pangan | 4789 comments Yes, I can agree with that.

TPBM thinks "semper discentes" is a good life motto.

message 6550: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (Cybador) | 7317 comments I wish I knew what that phrase meant.

TPBM thinks it’s silly that there’s an organization called “The Food and Drug Administration” when the only drug that will make you hungry is marijuana.

Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Twilight (other topics)
The Cat's Table (other topics)
The English Patient (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)
The Lightning Thief (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Noam Chomsky (other topics)
Gayle Delaney (other topics)
Thomas de Quincey (other topics)