The Personal Journal discussion

Icefire's Infusion Chamber > Who hates the dentist?!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* I do! Geez, the guy poke three holes into my lip and then scraped by gums raw.

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) | 82 comments Oh My! That's terrible!!!!!!!!

I get the crazy nurse who spends more time talking to other nurses than paying attention to my teeth!!!!

message 3: by Dapplenose (last edited May 10, 2010 03:19PM) (new)

Dapplenose | 252 comments my nurse person was like, "i took out her sealant. he he he!"

i've also had a dentist remove MOST of my tooth

message 4: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) | 82 comments Yikes! Thank goodness that I'm getting my braces off in less than a month! After THREE YEARS with these on, I'm having a little "Kendra Party!" I go around the city with my friends and eat all the things I wasn't supposed to eat with braces, but I won't have any restrictions any more!!!!!!

message 5: by PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate), Supreme High Ruler of All (new)

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) | 549 comments Mod
Every. Single. Time. I. Go. They tell me i have MORE CAVITIES!!!! I hate the dentist.

message 6: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) | 82 comments So do I, well..... my dentist hates my other friend who goes to the same dentist I do. Every time she comes in to see the dentist, she has something on her braces broken!!!

message 7: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* XD
I hate cavities. I freak out whenever someone comes near me with anything sharp, so imagine a dentist coming near me with a cavity drill...lol

message 8: by Dapplenose (last edited May 10, 2010 06:00PM) (new)

Dapplenose | 252 comments i'm always very relaxed when i'm eting stuff done. i just close my eyes and don't even care whatever tool they're cramming into my mouth.

my poor little sister Mia. she went in to get a tooth pulled, so the nurse put some numming stuff on it. she gabbed with everybody else for like 45 MINUTES and then came back to pull it out. Mia was crying but she was like "that's not pain, it's just pressure". At the end, Mia started bawling and she didn't cry when she got any of her other teeth pulled. Needless to say, my mom will be making sure none of us ever gets that nurse.

message 9: by PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate), Supreme High Ruler of All (new)

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) | 549 comments Mod
the only thing i like about the dentist is that they give me laughing gas. ^.^

message 10: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* XD I never had laughing gas before. I laugh too much without it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah

message 12: by noah (new)

noah (bacteriologicallysound) OH MY GOD... I HAVE A PHOBIA OF DENTISTS... THIS WOMAN RIPPED A BABY TOOTH OUT OF MY MOUTH AND IT WAS BARELY LOOSE! *whimper*

message 13: by noah (new)

noah (bacteriologicallysound) Dapplenose wrote: "my nurse person was like, "i took out her sealant. he he he!"

i've also had a dentist remove MOST of my tooth"

I had to have sealant in my teeth too. The first few days afterward I felt really weird. Like my mouth was full of holes (places where they ripped out my baby teeth) and blocks (the molars with sealant) where they shouldn't be. I didn't eat very much then because it felt gross. Now I only notice it when I run my tongue over my back molars--the sealant had a different texture and taste than my teeth.

message 14: by noah (new)

noah (bacteriologicallysound) When I was having my teeth worked on the had SpongeBob playing on a television screen above my head. I did not watch for three reasons: 1) I don't like SpongeBob that much, 2) I was REALLY nervous, and 3) they had a really bright light shining in my eyes. For reason 2 and 3 I kept my eyes closed for the whole process and it gave me a headache. At one point in time I opened my eyes and saw a giant blue tube stuck in my mouth and a pair of gloved hands holding a silvery sharp thing and some people with masks behind the ceiling light, so I closed my eyes hurriedly again. Whatever they used to put the sealant in, though, made weird beeping and drilling noise, and I nearly fell out of my seat I was trembling so hard. Afterward my mouth was a thousand gross taste: the numbing stuff, whatever they used to hole my mouth open, the sealant, whatever they used to wash my mouth, the little cloth bundles they put in the places where my teeth used to be, and my own blood. Plus, my tongue was about as dry as a grass patch in winter from having my mouth open and immobile for so long. And I also felt kind of trembly and just plain eww. But I got a free toothbrush that has rubber things on the side to stop the bristles from spreading out like they do with my toothbrushes--I guess I brush really hard or something--and some really good tasting toothpaste. Yay.

message 15: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) | 82 comments Wow.

message 16: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* XD Hooray for good toothpaste and free stuff

message 17: by Sephiroth, I BEG TO DREAM AND DIFFER FROM THE HOLLOW LIES...ON HOLIDAY!! (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 388 comments Mod
DIE DENTIST DIE

message 18: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) | 82 comments Why can't they just know you out, THEN do the painful stuff!?!?!?

message 19: by Sephiroth, I BEG TO DREAM AND DIFFER FROM THE HOLLOW LIES...ON HOLIDAY!! (new)

Last time i was at the dentist I HAD to get THREE shots just to kill the pain. i almost requested MORPHINE.

message 20: by PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate), Supreme High Ruler of All (new)

THEY GAVE ME 4 SHOTS ONE TIME!!! I got it done at like 8 in the morning and by 5th hour which is around noon, i still couldn't move my mouth. But i did get out of reading boring stuff and talking for the rest of the day. but i couldn't eat. And sagey loves her some food.

message 21: by Sephiroth, I BEG TO DREAM AND DIFFER FROM THE HOLLOW LIES...ON HOLIDAY!! (new)

me too. XD

message 22: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) | 82 comments I'm luckier than my siblings. I've never had to get a tooth pulled but my little bro got 7 pulled and my little sister got 9 pulled. My sister is 9 and my brother is 11

message 23: by Sephiroth, I BEG TO DREAM AND DIFFER FROM THE HOLLOW LIES...ON HOLIDAY!! (new)

i had a tooth that broke in three once and it was fine. didn't even hurt...

message 24: by Icefire (new)

Icefire *Completely lost* XD I got two teeth pulled, it was werid