The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from Canada

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine S Hello, my name is Catherine from the true north strong and free =P I just discovered good reads a couple of days ago. It's kind of a pleasant eyeopener when you realize you're not the only one with an addiction to books. I joined this group because it looked like a great place to get book recommendations. I look forward to talking about books with all of you =D

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hi Catherine! Book recommendations by the millions here, so you came to the right place, allright!

Welcome to the group!!

message 3: by Petra (new)

Petra Welcome, Catherine! You'll get plenty of good book recommendations here. I'm also in Canada!

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Hello Catherine, may your bookshelves be full and you have to buy more.

message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 28 comments Hi Catherine, and welcome! I'm from Minneapolis but I LOVE Canada. What part of Canada are you from?

Hope you love the group. You will definitely find plenty of recommendations here...

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (decorcats) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Deborah and I lin France, but come originally from the UK. Am completely addicted to books and have to be physically restrained in bookshops. Have not been able to buy any books recently, but hopefully this will all change next month. My wish list on amazon is about 1,600 books long and my passion is finding new books to read. I like the look of this club and will be raiding the shelves for great recommendations. Am just reading Timothy Findlay's 'Famous Last Words'.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Hi Deborah feel free to raid my shelves--I have over 2000 books on mine-LOL! Welcome to the group and happy reading!!!

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (decorcats) | 3 comments oh that sounds good. will do my ironing (huge pile unfortunately!!!) and then raid away!!!

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine S Thank you for all the welcomes! =)

Marisa: I'm from southern Ontario, and I don't know much about Minneapolis besides the fact that it is incredibly easy to spell incorrectly but I hope it's a great place =D

Deborah: I spent a year in France and I loved it, what region are you in? I was in Picardie =) I don't buy a lot of books myself considering the lack of book spending money, but the library is my personal haven of free books, that and Chapters.

Thank you all so much for responding!

message 10: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 210 comments Hi Catherine. Welcome :)

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (decorcats) | 3 comments Catherine, I'm from the Charente region which is quite a long way further down than Picardie. My nearest big city is Bordeaux with Angouleme only 20 mins away. Love being in France, but it is a very different culture. Have to buy all my books over th einternet because sadly can't read French well enough!!!!!

message 12: by Courtney (last edited May 13, 2010 04:56PM) (new)

Courtney Hello! I just recently discovered goodreads and it is awesome! It has single handedly influenced way too many book purchases!

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Welcome Courtney. You will be broke like the rest of us. hehe