VAMPS-R-US discussion

MAY VAMP BOOK OF THE MONTH............

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited May 27, 2010 01:37PM) (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward ......In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. Long divided as a terrifying battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown to himself and to those around him. After he was taken in by the Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was- or his true identity. Indeed, the fallen Brother Darius has returned, but with a different face and a very different destiny. As a vicious personal vendetta takes John into the heart of the war, he will need to call up on both who he is now and who he once was in order to face off against evil incarnate.

Xhex, a symphath assassin, has long steeled herself against the attraction between her and John Matthew. Having already lost one lover to madness, she will not allow the male of worth to fall prey to the darkness of her twisted life. When fate intervenes, however, the two discover that love, like destiny, is inevitable between soul mates.

PARTICIPANTS
Tiff
Lisa
Amber
Becky
Rayna
Tiny
Jada

message 2: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

WELL CATCH UP U SLOWPOKE!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO ;-) Ima hafta cum bring u some books!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I so am going to read this! Its not out on Kindle yet though!

message 4: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

OMG!! How can it not be?!! Kindle is insane in the membrane!!!! lmfao

message 5: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Im in.......just started it yesterday! Your Fav Tiff...John Matthew! whoop whoop!

message 6: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments ooohhh count me in lol...i had it on order and its currently an orphan at the bookstore waiting for a home to go to lol...pick it up tomorrow ;)

bring on darius reincarnate lol...

message 7: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments tiny.. whare have you been.. have missed you so !!!

message 8: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments :O Lisa!!!! Hey frend! lmfao...good question...I've been around, missed you tooo...umm yeah internet was gone for a long while so I kicked my GR addiction and just check it once in a while lol...hows GR-ing been for ya?

message 9: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments okay i finished it and so far out of all the BDB books it ranks up there with my favorite Rhevenge book! It alomost is the best book Ward has written so far.....LOVED IT!!!!!

I wasnt a John matthew fan, but now i am!

message 10: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments ooooh.... maybe i will be when i read it.. a the moment im not a john matthew fan. i mean i liked darius but eugh i dunno nothing about him has really appealed to me yet whereas wrath, Z, rehv, V hubba hubba hubba

message 11: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments ♥☆♥☆_Tiny_☆♥☆♥ wrote: ":O Lisa!!!! Hey frend! lmfao...good question...I've been around, missed you tooo...umm yeah internet was gone for a long while so I kicked my GR addiction and just check it once in a while lol...ho..."

lmfao well goodreading addiction still there but its pretty quiet on here these days !!! also i have been too busy to read much let alone GR. so did you murder your sister over your internet bill??

message 12: by Tiny (last edited May 16, 2010 03:07AM) (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments Lisa-isa Addicted 2 the night huntress books wrote: "♥☆♥☆_Tiny_☆♥☆♥ wrote: ":O Lisa!!!! Hey frend! lmfao...good question...I've been around, missed you tooo...umm yeah internet was gone for a long while so I kicked my GR addiction and just check it o..."

haha yeah thats still in the making actually! I can't now coz shes preggers and all, but I'll remember to steal her wallet next time she visits lmfao...but I'm paying it off as we speak, because I'm an idiot lol...yeah I think everyone is too busy to GR these days...not that I am, just under-privileged atm lol...

I wasn't really a John Matthew lover either, I'm more a qhuinn lover myself if I had to pick outta that trio, but yeah I'm with you on that one LIsa...hubba hubba is true...especially with Z man his book was a stunner I'm tellin ya! lol

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Ruffin (poetic_mother) | 62 comments Amber wrote: "I so am going to read this! Its not out on Kindle yet though!"

Amazon offered it for 9.99. It's soooo worth it!!!! The entire book drew me in!

message 14: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i have to say i cant wait for more Blay-Quinn interaction too! does anyone know if they are going to get their own book???

message 15: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments I think Ward would be out of a job if she doesnt give Blay and qhuinn a book lmfao...what I mean by that is I'm currently reading Covet, and though her writings good, her characters and plot is kind of off, and not that solid like she done with the BDB series. I think thats the beauty of sub-plots, she can keep writing until she drops...I think she said she was doing blay and qhuinns book in one interview, I'm sure of it lol

message 16: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i hope so.....cant wait to see how that one turns out! crosses fingers

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca32) | 28 comments Even though Xhen and John aren't my favorite couple, I think this was the best written book in the series. I love how she had all the stories coming together in the end. I also didn't just skim over the "Lesser" sections in this book. I think she did a much better job as making they more interesting. (Less X,O,etc)
I really think the this book was awesome! I couldn't put it down.

message 18: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

I SOOOOOOOOOOO LOVED IT!!!!!! And yes it does rank right up there with Rhev's book! Now, if there was ever a couple destined to be together it is XHEX AND JOHN MATTHEW!!! And something is just NOT right if she doesn't right Quinn and Blay's book!!!! They r so in love it hurts ME that they're not together! Ooo oooo oooo new idea..........

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca32) | 28 comments Who is poor Layla gonna end up with????

message 20: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Hmmmm, good question?! What I think, is that she is going to be with Quinn and Blay!!! A lil manojay trois (so what if I can't spell u know what I mean!!) lmfao

message 21: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments haha! yeah that wuld be hot lolz...man I was guttered they turned my hottie Quinn gay but oh well...I'm definitely a JM fan after this, makes me wana learn sign language haha! nah I already know it anyway, but yeh loved this book! Xhex was a lot softer in this book, I guess JM bought that side out of her, loved the plot though! it was amazing, now I think rumor has it that Payne and Mannys book is up next??? Care to enlighten me with any details anyone?? lolz

message 22: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

OMG!! IDK!!! But I wanted Payne and Tohr together!!!! But looks like he might end up with Xhex's mom!!! Who agrees with me?!

message 23: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments I agree with you.....the connection they shared leads me to believe that is the case..... out of all that book though i really like the dynamics between Blay and Quinn! i want her to make a book of them 2!

message 24: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

I think she will. THERE WILL BE TOOOOOOO MANY DISSAPPOINTED FANS OTHERWISE!!!!! LMFAO

message 25: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments Yeah I'm not really a big fan of slash so I dunno if I wanna see blay and qhuinn together lmfao...though I'd probably read it becoz qhuinns my fav character out of the three...but yes there'll be a lot of disappointed fans if she doesnt so yeah...I hope qhuinn mates with layla and ends up just being protective with blay like V does to butch, but i guess that might not happen lolz...

message 26: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments oh and spoiler alert!!! apparently she's writing a short story of Rhage and Mary??? and their adopted kid??? Okay I better stop reading all the cellies comments haha! I'm spoiling alot of this for myself haha

message 27: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

LMFAO!! My question is who will Tohr end up with, I'm think Xhex's MOM!!!!!

message 28: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments definately No'One!

message 29: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (warythefairy) | 3 comments hi im tamie (not tamara)does anyone like house of night series?

message 30: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (warythefairy) | 3 comments is no one here? owwww bye

message 31: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

YES WE ALL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH TO NEFERET!!!! ;-)

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca32) | 28 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hmmmm, good question?! What I think, is that she is going to be with Quinn and Blay!!! A lil manojay trois (so what if I can't spell u know what I mean!!) lmfao"
That's exactly where I was going too...sounds like a good book! I would totally LOVE to see that happen...cause you know Layla really like qhuinn...but I still want Blay to get his man too!

message 33: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments hmmm...I think Blay and Qhuinn would end up with a novella instead?? don't you guys think?? I think so lol...oh and I'm all for tohr and noOne lol they're definitely going to hook up yeah? lmao...

message 34: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments qq...is manny hawt?? I have a hard time getting a visual on him lmfao...gawsh we have to wait a whole year for that book to come out lol it's supposed to be released in May next year...i'll have to get my dose from her angel series instead! lol

message 35: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

OMG!!!! They have better get more than some stinking novella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE TOTALLY PISSED IF SHE DOES THAT!!!

message 36: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Becky wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Hmmmm, good question?! What I think, is that she is going to be with Quinn and Blay!!! A lil manojay trois (so what if I can't spell u know what I mean!!) lmfao"
That's exactly wher..."

IKR!!! I hope thats the road she takes!! And then all problems solved!! ;)

message 37: by Tiny (last edited Jun 14, 2010 11:22PM) (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments Tiffany wrote: "OMG!!!! They have better get more than some stinking novella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE TOTALLY PISSED IF SHE DOES THAT!!!"

yeah shes still thinking about it, because she rekons not too many people will be comfortable with slash aka m/m so she said it MIGHT be a novella, and its yet to be written, its only in the thinking stages...she wants to please everyone I guess and come to some kind of compromise... I'll read it for Qhuinn! so I'll do right by him and read it...the WARDen also said that she'll have to name it Blay and Qhuinn so readers know what they're getting themselves into lol...i don't mind either or, just as long as she keeps writing, I'll be happy to keep reading lol

message 38: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments there cant be enough bdb !!! TIny I have missed you !!!

message 39: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments Amen to that sister mine lmfao! MISSED U TOO where have u been Lisa! lol I've turned into a succubus wannabe since the last time I seen you haha!

ARGHH!! I just finally got to check my emails and correct me if I'm wrong but the next bdb book is called Lover Unleashed??? Gosh cant wait! seriously I think I'm going through bdb withdrawals haha!

message 40: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments ive been around lmfao!!!

i havent read the succubus books... i still wanna be lady of the house of the BDB

message 41: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments haha! yeah same lolz...but none of them will have me coz they're taken lmao...that's okay, it's not like I cry at night time thinking one day ill have my hellren *sniff* lmfao...yeah the succubus series don't have much sex in it though lmfao...not bdb material! I'm craving atm lmfao

message 42: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

IKR!!! Succubus books should be FULL OF SEX!!!!!!!! MISS U GUYS!!!!!!

message 43: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments TOTALLY! Miss u too Tiff! Where you been these days? lolz

message 44: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments TIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFF!! I got so much to catch up on, I am ashamed to say i have not yet read lover mine, not yet read dead in the family, urgh, so much happening i have read about 2 chapters in the past 2 weeks, what a slacker am I

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 21 comments Finished this the day after it's release. Absolutely awesome update to the series. Don't know how she can top this one.

message 46: by Tiny (new)

Tiny ♥Hearts (tinyhearts) | 25 comments agreed! But then again, Vishous should be making an appearance in the next SO I can't wait!! lolz

message 47: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

☆♥TiNy♥☆dA☆SuCcUbuS☆cOunTeSs wrote: "TOTALLY! Miss u too Tiff! Where you been these days? lolz"

No f-ing computer!!!! :'-C Ima have 1 soon though.

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 21 comments I think Quinn might end up with the disabled Chosen. Can't remember if he met her or not, but it would make sense if she was his bride. Blay is going to be the mystery though, who will be the lucky girl/guy? Maybe it will be a passing phase like Butch and V, but this is all deductive reasoning for me.

message 49: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I really think and hope that Quinn and Blay will end up together. The only question that remains is whether or not they will get their own book. Or, will she continue on as she is now, and just incorporate their story with someone elses'?