Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Mormon Pick-Up Lines :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2310 comments Mod
So, I joined a group on facebook with a bunch of these on there and I thought you guys might enjoy reading them :) Here are some of the ones listed!

---

What's your favorite temple? Because you're mine.

You remind me of the fruit in Lehi's dream. Precious above all others.

My Liahona pointed to you.

Haven't we met before... like in the pre-existence?

Can I borrow your phone? I told my mom that I'd call her when I found the girl of my dreams.

I may need a map, because I'm lost in your eyes.

You're beatiful in Gods eyes, and mine too.

Do you believe in love at first sight, or do I need to walk by again?

Did it hurt? [Did what hurt?:] When you fell from heaven?

For a minute there I thought I had died and gone to heaven, but now I realize that I am very much alive, and that heaven has been brought to me.

I don't think you're worthy to take me to the temple. [Why?:] Because you're smokin'!

Dearest Darling... after much deliberation, and signficant consideration, I have half the inclination to make you my relation. So if you'll meet me at the station, with the bishop's cooperation, we will form a combination that will increase the population.

Last night I was looking at the stars, and for every one I saw I thought of something that I love about you... but soon I ran out of stars.

I knew I'd feel the Spirit at EFY, but I didn't think I'd see an angel!

What's a Celestial boy/girl doing in a Telestial place like this?

What time is it? Because I want to forever remember the moment I met you.

Are you a Gadianton Robber [No:] Well, you stole my heart.

Can I see your tag? Oh, I thought so... Made In Heaven.

And MY personal favorites:

Is your name Virtue? Because you garnish my thoughts unceasingly ;)

Hey, what's your name? [Insert Name:] Hmmm, that sounds familiar... I think it was in my Patriarchal Blessing!

---

So, what are some that you know of? :)

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) Wow those are cheesey. I love 'em. XD

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Those are wayyyy cute!

message 4: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I know! I love them because they're cheesy AND cute xD Hahaha. I want to use some at EFY, if I can remember them :)

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments I don't actually know any but I just looked up and found these...

Even with the Liahona, I get lost in your eyes.

Wanna hold the priesthood?

Is the Spirit telling you the same thing it's telling me?

I just got off my mission and I’m looking for my next companion.

Do you go to EFY? - Because I’m Especially For You.

The 13th Article of Faith requires me to ask you out ("If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.")

message 6: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

HAHAHAHA. I love those :) Especially the mission one, the EFY one, and the 13th Article of Faith one :)

message 7: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments I love them all! That's great, I'll have to use them someday!

message 8: by Rachael (new)

Rachael LOL!

message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth These are so great, I think the EFY and 13th Articles of Faith ones are my favorites.

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenJ) | 143 comments those are great annd so cheesy : ) i love them

message 11: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments I sent them to my brothers and they really liked them!

message 12: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Haha ( :

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments These are hilariosuly awesome and good old Mormon nerdyness! (in my house Nerd is totally awesome and .. ya just awesome so its awesome to be a nerd and a lot of my friends think so too!)

message 14: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments Haha! I guess it depends on your definition!

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments mmmhmmm! totally! wait were you talking about nerdy ness or cheesy or cute?? eh? haha oh well. We also love all those nerdy thingss. (kinda like Star Treck.. specially Spock... Star Wars! WØØØØØT!!!! and like video games.. all this stuff. LOTR.. Harry potter.. ) oh well any who... XD

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments haha! I meant nerdyness:) I love Star Wars! I like the older ones but the new ones aren't my favorite. I'm not a big Star Treck fan, but I did see the new movie. I like Harry Potter alright, but I could never get through the books.

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments haha my dad read all of the Harry Potter books XD I really like the new one Star Treck, and as a result we watched the old ones (but not the show..) I agree the old Star Wars are AWESOME!!! i love them!

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments I don't think I'll ever watch Star Treck again, I think there was too much swearing. That happens in a lot of movies now-a-days. I don't really watch any PG-13 movies anymore unless they're edited.

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments Ya seriously! we're going back to the 80's! (ever watched one of those?? they swear so fluaghing much! BW flaughing is this word i made up for Oakcrest.. XD) i hate when they swear!!! if movies weren't so crass, violent or swearing so much, i would love a lot tons more!

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2010 06:41PM) (new)

There are some good PG-13 movies, though, and that's the problem, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to rating. One PG-13 movie can be perfectly fine, and the next go against every standard of mormonism! It's super annoying.

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments oh man I KNOW!! ugh why can't muvies just be clean and fun??

message 22: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments I know. I don't think I've ever watched a PG-13 movie that went with our standards, I would like to know which ones are clean, though!

a N d i E {o,o}  (TheLolaizer) These are GREAT!!!!!! :)

message 24: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments I don't watch PG-13 at all for that reason ) : I love movies though!

message 25: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments That has been my goal, Lindsey! It isn't that hard, but we might be getting clearplay, and when we do, I can watch them all the time and not have to worry about the bad stuff!

message 26: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Is there a site called goodmovies or something? Like goodreads? Does anyone know?

a N d i E {o,o}  (TheLolaizer) Rachael wrote: "Is there a site called goodmovies or something? Like goodreads? Does anyone know?"

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!! :) haha!!

message 28: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments I just thought of that the other day, too! haha! That would be awesome!

message 29: by Lindsey (last edited Jun 11, 2010 05:27PM) (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Yeah it would :D

Hope wrote: "That has been my goal, Lindsey! It isn't that hard, but we might be getting clearplay, and when we do, I can watch them all the time and not have to worry about the bad stuff!"

I want a clearplay!!!! My mom won't get one because she says if we get one then we have to support the companies that make crappy movies by buying their product. ): It makes me sad )':

message 30: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments Sad!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hope wrote: "I know. I don't think I've ever watched a PG-13 movie that went with our standards, I would like to know which ones are clean, though!"

There are quite a few PG-13 movies that I consider clean, for instance,The Lord of the Rings movies, but it's probably really safe to stay clear of them in general.

message 32: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments Yeah, that's mostly what I do and I always check why it's rated as PG because even that can be iffy sometimes.

message 33: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Yeah, for real!

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments Dominique wrote: " Hope wrote: "I know. I don't think I've ever watched a PG-13 movie that went with our standards, I would like to know which ones are clean, though!"

There are quite a few PG-13 movies that I co..."

:D i love Lord of the Rings! its just violence but its different seeming then other movies with violence... its just so much better! oh and a good PG movie is Race to Witch mountain. it's kinda like the old ones but i seriously love that movie!

message 35: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I LOVE Lord of the Rings, too! :)

message 36: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments ♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ wrote: "Dominique wrote: " Hope wrote: "I know. I don't think I've ever watched a PG-13 movie that went with our standards, I would like to know which ones are clean, though!"

There are quite a few PG-1..."

You mean the new one? I thought it was really good too! ( : I never saw the old one though.

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments :D i love it! its so good! i don't think i ever saw the beggingin of the old one... there is a sequal to the old one.. never seen it though XD

message 38: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments We have the old ones but I haven't seen the new one yet. I want to.

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments its good! haha i already said that who knows how many times. (as in... up to 3 or 4) one of my sisters thinks hat seeing the new one won't be as good and it will ruin the old one (what??) but then a different sister saw the new one and thinks its good and still likes the old ones so ya!i saw in theater twice.... and at first before i saw it the first time i thought that i wouldn't like it!

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments oh and heres a non pick up phrase (as in, i don't want to date you) "My body is a Temple, and you don't have a Recomend!" and another "My body is a Temple, not a vititor center!" so if a guy/girl you are on a date with trys anything, maybe you could say that while moving away or something...

message 41: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments I just saw someone do that in my head and it was really funny:)

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments XD haha oh imagination!

message 43: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments It is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments yes!! I love it!

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments if it were a cute nice guy i'd marry him and have mermaid unicorns and fairies for children XD ahah jk

message 46: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments Hmmm... you have a good imagination:)

♫♪♥Sarah♥♪♫ | 19 comments XD it appears so! and we'll live on venus and visit ceres a lot! haha jk

message 48: by Hope (new)

Hope | 265 comments That would be pretty cool. But ya know what I think? I'm going to live on my own star, like it's a house and be able to visit others on their stars in a split second.

message 49: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (JiMei) Those are pretty cute and funny! At a best of EFY, we learned some Mormon break up lines!

message 50: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Haha, that totally sounds like EFY!

« previous 1 3