Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Titles > Harry Potter and the Half - Blood Prince

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Lindsay | 8 comments I loathed this book.

message 2: by Vanessa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Vanessa | 42 comments Please elaborate! I love to hear the reasons why anyone hates a book.

message 3: by Diane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Right, you cannot just say you loathed a book without saying why?

message 4: by Lindsay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Lindsay | 8 comments It doesn't really end. I just ran out of pages.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 136 comments Mod
LOL

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i loved the book... but the neding was weird....

message 7: by nina (new)

nina (ladeeda) | 14 comments Are you guys KIDDING? Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince was AMAZING!!
How did it not "really end"? It was Dumbledore's funeral. We know about the horcruxes, and we know that in the following book Harry Potter will have to take them on himself.
We KNOW that there is one more, and final, book so maybe that's why the ending is leading to something more..??

message 8: by Fiona (last edited Sep 05, 2008 05:38AM) (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) I didn't like it when I first read it, but on the second read I actually quite enjoyed it. I think it is one of those books that need to be given a second try. Not one of the best, but not the worst one. I didn't like GoF very much.

I think with it being the penultimate book it probably wasn't going to be the most exciting... it was more the 'leading up to' book if you know what I mean.

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) | 11 comments This one was by far my favorite Harry Potter Book. I felt it didn't just drag on and on like some of the others, but that it was well written. So, I guess I ahve to disagree with you!

message 10: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 10 comments I have to admit, I cried when Dumbledore died. Not bawling, mind you, but i teared up a little.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 29 comments I didn't loathe the book (or the series) but I was very, very, very happy when it ended. Too much padding, too much repetition - too little time in my life to really care.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily I preferred Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows, but Half Blood Prince I thought was excellent as well. The ending did seem almost as much like a start as it was an ending, but I actually appreciate that about this book. I also love Harry's journey through this book as he is learning about the past while tackling some heavy challenges in the present.

message 13: by nina (new)

nina (ladeeda) | 14 comments I actually preferred Half Blood Prince to Order of the Phoenix. That battle scene was incredible.
Deathly Hallows would be pretty tough to beat though. :)

message 14: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 5 comments The one book that I did not like at all in the Harry Potter series though was the Order of the Phoenix. I found it boring and blue and bland. But what I found the most surprising was that I think my opinion of the boo was solely based on the main color of the cover. The same thing happened to me with Prisoner of Azkaban, which also had a blue cover. Odd huh? Does this happen to nay of you?

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Masha - That's funny that you are not so excited by blue covers! Order of the Phoenix was one of my favorites in the Harry Potter series - I love the commentary in it on the educational system and I love how the students decide to take their education into their own hands when the adults aren't delivering. Great book! Sorry you weren't feeling it. Maybe you should try listening to the audiobook - then you don't have to look at the blue cover so often! Plus, the performer of the audio book, Jim Dale, is outstanding!

message 16: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 5 comments Hm, I could try that but I have already read that book, and life's too short to read books twice. But next time I come across a blue book that looks interesting I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

message 17: by Tara (new)

Tara (tbm126) | 26 comments I have to admit that HBP is my favorite book of the series. I actually say it "reads like poetry." I felt the writing flowed well and was much more concuse than OotP (although OotP is still my second-favorite of the series). Now DH, that was painful.