Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited May 05, 2010 05:54AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments It's Mexican Independence Day! :)

One of my oldest friends shares a birthday with this special occasion. I love celebrating Cinco de Mayo - margaritas are awesome.

Cinco de Mayo

Do you plan to celebrate it today?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Today's my son's tenth birthday...and (sorry if you read this on facebook already) he likes it because he gets to "party with the Mexicans". So I will celebrate Cinqo De Mayo by making my son a cake:)

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Post a picture of the cake, please sir. :)

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Technically, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day. Mexico was already an independent nation when the French claimed sovereignty and invaded Mexico; Cinco de Mayo represents the day the Mexicans beat the French and told them to get lost.

This holiday is more of a big deal in the US than it is Mexico, by the way.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments My little sister was born at 12:06 am on May 6th in San Antonio. Everyone in the hospital said that she would have had to have a Hispanic name if she was born seven minutes earlier. I thought they were serious.

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7131 comments Gus, thanks for the info on this Americanized holiday. If it's all about beating the French, then let's party, eh?

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Comment? (French for "what?")

message 8: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7131 comments Sorry Larry, I'm not really a Frenchie-hater, but I'm married to one.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Excuse me I have to answer the francophone.

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7131 comments HA!

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7131 comments A frenchie-hater, Barb. He truly Believes that those Euro-trash, French cheese-eating surrender monkeys are crazy evil. Sometimes, I secretly wish I were married to a sexy Frenchman instead. Certainly he would be more tolerant than my first husband??