Knit 1 Read 2 discussion

Friday Night Knitting Club

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan | 2 comments Has anybody out there read Kate Jacbobs' "Friday Night Knitting Club"? I just started it and think it'll be enjoyable.

message 2: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore I just put it on my to-read list. Could be a fun quick read for the summer.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateknits) I did get about 1/4 of the way through. I think I'll try again this summer though. Just didn't grab me at the time.

Hope you like it!

message 4: by Liz (last edited Jun 04, 2008 04:37AM) (new)

Liz  (drella66) | 2 comments While I have not read it, my sister, Cat, did while the two if us were on vacation in Greece, and she enjoyed it and read it quickly, but said it was sad and not what she had expected so it may not be the quick, "fun" read you were hoping for. My sister doesn't even knit, while my mother and I do, she has no intrests so I thought it an odd choice for her but as a knitter I would think you would get more out of it maybe.

message 5: by Marianne (new)

Marianne | 1 comments I haven't read it yet, have been on the wait list at the library for a long time waiting for this book.

message 6: by Simay (new)

Simay Yildiz (zimlicious) | 2 comments I wasn't crazy about it, but I'll admit it's rather enjoyable for the most part.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 14 comments I read it just before Christmas and really enjoyed it.

message 8: by JennaLynn (new)

JennaLynn I listened to the book a while ago and have considered buying it since then but have put it off because there are too many books on TBR list.

I enjoyed the book alot. It is sad and inspirational at the same time. The companionship of the Friday Night Knitting Club is the part I liked the best.

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimmiky) Unfortunately for me, i was looking for a fun read, and for anyone who has finished the novel, it is anything but! I did go on to read the second, Knit Two, and am trying to finish Knit the Season by the end of the year.

message 10: by Marti (new)

Marti | 1 comments I read all three pretty quickly in a row so I guess it's obvious that I really liked them. Even though the ending of the first one surprised me I loved how this group got together and supported each other and looked out for their friend's child. It really isn't so much about knitting but about how that store gave a "home" to these people who were looking for a supportive group. I liked the "warmth" of these books.