Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Message-Specific Comments

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by michael spencer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:15PM) (new)

michael spencer (michael_harmon) | 2 comments Hi there! I am not sure if this topic has been proposed or not, or even if this idea is feasible, but I did have it and wanted to propose it:

I have been noticing that often people, in book discussions or review comments, have to refer to another's message directly by number, and so conversations can be just mixed about. Has anyone thought yet of making comments message-specific? I have seen this before at other sites: one clicks on a link like "respond to this comment" and that way their message is indented just below the message they wish to specifically respond to, instead of being tagged at the end of the comment-review, sometimes as much as two pages behind the original.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-msh

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Great suggestion Michael! An indented comment thread would indeed be pretty cool. We'll put it on the todo list!

message 3: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (Kiwiria) | 377 comments Otis, if you need an example of how this can be done, check out LiveJournal. They implement exactly the functionality Michael is talking about.

message 4: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Will do - thanks for the tip!