Axis Mundi X discussion

Bo Diddley 1928-2008

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 1818 comments Mod
The Bo Diddley beat will live on...

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Wow. This is the first I've heard. Major loss. Talk about a guy who never got the credit he deserved...

message 3: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell "Who Do You Love?" is one of my favorite songs. It doesn't even bother me that it should be "Whom", instead of "Who"...Okay, it bothers me a little bit.

message 4: by Paul (last edited Jun 02, 2008 10:47AM) (new)

Paul Bryant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBAJXy...

I heard Peter Guralnick on the BBC just now saying that Bo Diddley was the most African of the early rock and rollers. Like John Lee Hooker, Bo regarded changing chords as something to do only in the direst emergency.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't worry, D. Russ. There will always be other grammatical errors in song to catch your ire. How about "If You Love Somebody, Set Them [sic] Free" by Sting or "Every Rose Has It's [sic] Thorn" by Poison. I'm sic of all this careless usage.

RE: Bo Diddley's Death

As was the case with Robert Rauschenberg, I'm shocked! (Shocked that he was still alive as of a few days ago. Someone really should start a "Still Alive" thread, keeping us up-to-date on such people as Ed Asner's, Bea Arthur's, and Wilford Brimley's still-aliveness.)

message 6: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell David, those other song titles you mentioned are entirely unforgivable aside from grammar. I'm surprised at Sting for straying into Bon Jovi territory by turning a cliche into a song title, and that Poison song is just a crime against humanity.

message 7: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
I thought Katherine Hepburn was dead, until she died. I think a "still alive" thread might be a good idea.

Poor Bo... but he survived longer than the Big Bopper, so good on him.