LEGO: A Love Story LEGO discussion

I've launched an author Q&A, come on by

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David I read (actually listened to) your book and really enjoyed it. So much so, that I retrieved my LEGOs from storage and bought/built the Empire State Building! I'm older than you - 54 - and have gone through two dark ages: my own around bar-mitzvah time and again with my sons (who are now both in their mid-twenties). Thanks to your book I'm about to leave the dark ages for the second, and hopefully, last time. Thanks so much for the book - lots of fun!

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan David wrote: "I read (actually listened to) your book and really enjoyed it. So much so, that I retrieved my LEGOs from storage and bought/built the Empire State Building! I'm older than you - 54 - and have go..."

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't heard the audio version, yet, but I'm glad it was enjoyable. Welcome back to the world of building. Play Well.

message 4: by Scott (last edited Jan 21, 2014 09:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott Ivlow Hi Jonathan,
I want thank you for opening a discussion on this site. I read your book last month and really enjoyed it. I will be reading Sarah Herman books this year.

I'm 45 now and became an adult fan of Lego last year. I'm also a "brick" addict now. Other than playing with my younger sister's Duplo Bricks when I was a teen back in the 80's I never experienced the dark ages because I never had Lego sets.
It not only helps that my employer in my enabler for my Lego brick addiction. I work full time at LEGOLAND Florida and we have really good discounts.
I bet when your book got published that you never imagined that some LEGOLAND MC would be reading at LEGOLAND Florida that hadn't opened yet when it came out?
Have you or do plan to take your family to LEGOLAND Florida? Also what Lego set(s) have you built with your wife and daughter now that she is older?
Well I hope to read your responses soon plus I hope you working on another addition. A lot changed with Lego since 2010 and some of it read like ancient history. There are just so many sets you wrote about that don't exist in the Lego stores or lego.com any more.
Sincerely, Scott

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Scott wrote: "Hi Jonathan,
I want thank you for opening a discussion on this site. I read your book last month and really enjoyed it. I will be reading Sarah Herman books this year.

I'm 45 now and became an ad..."

I'm glad to hear you're back building and I could see how it would be dangerous to work at LEGOLAND Florida.

I am amazed that there has been a proliferation of LEGOLANDs (they even built a small one where I live in Kansas City).

We haven't made it to Florida, but I've got MC on the list of vacations. My daughter and I have built Duplo sets and we're just starting to work our way through the Master Builder series. I got my wife to geek out on the modular city and LEGO architecture sets.

Thanks for reading and reaching out. Play Well.

Best,
Jonathan

Scott Ivlow Jonathon, I want thank you for taking the time writing back? One more question will their be a Part2 book in the near future? I do believe you are referring to Lego Discovery Center I have never been to one yet. The Theme parks are different. The parks have rides, games, shows, restaurants, plus the stores.

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Scott wrote: "Jonathon, I want thank you for taking the time writing back? One more question will their be a Part2 book in the near future? I do believe you are referring to Lego Discovery Center I have never b..."

As of now, there are no plans for Part 2. I'm just hoping to get everybody old enough that they don't eat pieces, but stack them. Thanks.