What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > ghost village in the mist?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:15PM) (new)

Brandie (commonthistle) | 13 comments I read this when I was maybe 10, so it is maybe from the early 80's, more likely the 70's. I don't think it was very long, a small kid's book is all. All I remember is that a girl and her mom moved to a new house by the ocean, and when playing in the mist, she made a friend. He (?) was only there when the mist came, and it turned out that the entire village she'd been visiting was not really there...
I did try this one a while ago, but since it seems there has been so much activity lately, I thought I'd try again! Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

message 2: by CLM (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

CLM | 294 comments Probably Fog Magic by Julia Sauer. I am happy to see it is still in print. A great story! Another one, similar but even better, is Shadow Castle by Marian Cockrell.

message 3: by Brandie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Brandie (commonthistle) | 13 comments This might be right, I'm not sure. I looked it up online, and while some of the details seem different, that could be just because it's been so long since I've read it. I will definitely have to get it and see! And thanks for the extra recommendation!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 22362 comments Mod
Brandie, was that your book?