Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Who Would Play You?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments If a movie were made of your life, who would you think would be best to play you?

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17337 comments Mod
Oooo, I hope it would be Charlize Theron but I fear it would be the big sister from Roseanne.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments HA! i def miss you and your jocularity when you are not around sals

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hmmmm. who would play me....?

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hey, it's your movie. i am trying to think of someone who i would want to portray me in a cool way

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17337 comments Mod
Oooo, I wish I could say Nat port.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i want someone cool and likeable but still with a swagger.

message 8: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I was thinking Stone Cold Steve Austin for you, Kevin, but he would have to drop some of the edge and be more friendly and jokey.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Walter Matthau would play me. : /

message 10: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Rachel McAdams :) (as character from The Notebook) . . . WHAAAA?? it's not a stretch hahah

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Tina Fey. Hey, I'm not just nice, I'm funny sometimes, too. And there's that whole glasses/smart girl thing we have in common. :)

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Alright, not Walter Matthau. I don't know who, though...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Heidi, I think you should be played by Drew Barrymore. You're both adorable and funny. :)

message 14: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11669 comments Kevin could be Vin Diesel?

Drew Barrymore could also be Sally?

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Regrettably, Helen Hunt. People tell me I remind them of her all the time but she gets on my nerves, don't know why. Perhaps it was her sexing up with Paul Rudner, whom I find completely repulsive, in that TV show---Mad About You, wasn't it? Blech.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Kevin should be played by Bruce Willis.

message 17: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'll have to think about this.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I thought Sarah Palin was going to play Jackie.

Ducks

Regrettably, Helen Hunt will play me, too....

No, I don't see it, but multiple people here and in real life have told me I looked like Russell Crowe. I hope it's the good Russell Crowe, and not the fat, dumpy one. At least somewhere in the middle.

Kevin, you could be played be that Michael Chritizieahesesh or whatever from The Shield. It could be a career defining turn where he doesn't have to look angry all the time.

message 19: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Morrissey or Gary Oldman.

message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Kevin should be played by Bruce Willis."

I second that.

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i like tina fey for jackie. not sure she is sweet enough though. just for the record, i think helen hunt is very attractive. i occasionally watch Twister with the sound off. drew barrymore is not witty enough for sally. maybe i like a blonde tina fey for sally and robin wright with some cute glasses for jackie. she is maybe too old for the part but is pretty, smart and gentle it seems.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i like mike rowe for me.

message 23: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i like mike rowe for me."

Oh I like him too!

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments funny, cool, witty, manly, has no prob climbing to the top of a wind turbine or standing knee deep in kangaroo crap. he could play me and do his own stunts

message 25: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Who's Mike Rowe?

Ok, I'll google it myself.

I could see Robin Wright for Jackie. She'd (Robyn Wright) would have to dye her hair brown, though.

I could see Rachel McAdams for Gretchen. And no, I'm not just saying that to be nice. Didn't you say you were really short, Gretchen? She's short, and you two seem to smile the same.

message 26: by Heidi (last edited May 04, 2010 05:49AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments So Drew Barrymore's not witty enough for Sally, but... :(

BTW, it was a first for me. I've never been told Drew Barrymore should play me before now.

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sorry heidi. witty was a bad choice of words. should have been funny/snarky. you are more perky and upbeat. (now this will prob get me in trouble with sally)

message 28: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, I'm not a Drew Barrymore fan. She seems...vacuous to me. Like, "hey, dude, I'm having the time of my life, isn't this awesome, I have this boyfriend I love"...and then two months later they split up and she goes through the same thing again.

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments plus she was hooked up with tom green so no telling what germs she has now

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Wow. So I'm starting to think that none of us need to be played by Drew Barrymore because it would seem tantamount to saying, "We don't like you."

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i think she is funny, girl next girl cute.

message 32: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments Mary Louise Parker - with red hair - for me!

message 33: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I could see Rachel McAdams for Gretchen. And no, I'm not just saying that to be nice. Didn't you say you were really short, Gretchen? She's short, and you two seem to smile the same.

NICE!!

Sadly, I'm believe my smile is much more toothy and gummy than Rachel McAdams's. (but you're A OK in my book RA!!) Probably closer to:
description

message 34: by Heidi (last edited May 04, 2010 10:13AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Okay, so are we casting based on personality or looks?

Because if it's looks, Ina Garten would probably play me now (although, she's not an actress so that may take her out of the mix). If it's personality, I'll have to keep thinking on that one...

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i was just thinking mostly on who would represent me the best. if i were going for looks maybe jason alexander

message 36: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11669 comments Gretchen wrote: "Sadly, I'm believe my smile is much more toothy and gummy than Rachel McAdams's. (but you're A OK in my book RA!!) Probably closer to: (photo)"

Molly Ringwald? You could hook up with Ducky.

message 37: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Or Jake Ryan

description

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Drew Barrymore is cute and funny AND smart. Sure, she did some crazy things when she was young, but she really pulled her life together, and now she produces and directs movies.

She was an ambassador against hunger for the United Nations World Food Program, too. She's pretty amazing, really.

I wouldn't suggest anyone I didn't admire to play Heidi.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments :) Jackie's winning major brownie points with me today.

I have liked all of Drew's movies since her production company started producing movies (I think it started with Charlie's Angels?).

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Youndyc wrote: "Mary Louise Parker - with red hair - for me!"

I love her alot.

message 41: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments I also think Drew Barrymore is cool.
I can see how she comes off as being flighty or possibly vacuous, but I don't believe that she really is. I think that is just the caricature of her.

And I like Mike Rowe for Kevin (although I did have to google him).
Tina Fey is a good one for Jackie, but I don't like Russell Crowe for RA. He's a good actor, but unfortunately I've let his personality via the media mar my opinion of him.

message 42: by Heidi (last edited May 04, 2010 02:56PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RUSSELL CROWE IS HOT!!! Like Javier or Clive hot (only different)!!! :D

message 43: by Heidi (last edited May 04, 2010 03:02PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Okay, okaaay... I'll let Drew be me. :) But just this once.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Russell Crowe is WAY hot, I must agree, Heidi. :)
Want to see the new Robin Hood movie real bad...

message 45: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments BunWat wrote: "I think Drew Barrymore is cool too. I think when she does that vacuous thing its her way of saying I think you're an asshole but I'm too polite to say so so I'm just going to act like a valley gir..."

Yeah, there is a feeling I get about her acting like that on purpose.

And Russell Crowe is hot, and a good actor. Sometimes I hate that I know things about actor's private lives or personalities that change the way I look at them.

message 46: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Oh! OH!!! ME, TOO! ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!!!

message 47: by Heidi (last edited May 04, 2010 03:06PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments OH! Great one, Bun! I adore her, too.

If we just get to pick people because we like them, I'd have to go with Zooey Deschanel. I'd like her to be me. Either her or Audrey Tautou.

I guess that means I can't be greedy and be Drew AND the other two. Now I'll need to make a decision. This is gonna be tough.

message 48: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments Oooh, I like Zooey Deschanel for Heidi.
That is my pick.

message 49: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11669 comments Ooh, I want Audrey Tautou for ME, too. She'll have to man-up a little, but I think she's fantastic.

message 50: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments who is that?

« previous 1